Ask a question

No registration required

8.4 Chargers

OP frentraken

11th November 2014, 05:02 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1

52 posts
I recently bought a scoche dual port 21W(dual USB with 2.1 amps per) charger that I thought could charge my 8.4 but it doesn't even seem to recognize it's plugged in. Is this because it needs that extra .3 volts from the stock charger? And are there any multiport chargers capable of charging this tablet?
13th November 2014, 04:25 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 27

125 posts
I have 4-port charger from "Volmate" that I got from Amazon. Works fine. I don't see that same unit any more but they have a 5-port that looks similar:
http://www.amazon.com/5-port-Family-...ywords=volmate
14th December 2014, 12:21 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 11

63 posts
The tablet doesn't need the .3 extra volts, it can use a variety of chargers as long as they are 5V 2A, it can even charge hooked to a PC , though the current from a computer would most like just be enough to power the device and not actually charge it.

Not sure why the tablet wouldn't recognize the charger you hooked up, does the battery icon have a X through it?
14th December 2014, 10:20 PM   |  #4  
Flag Brooklyn, NY
Thanks Meter: 282

1,883 posts
More
My Tab Pro can be used with many different chargers which sustain 2A or higher.
Yesterday, 10:24 PM   |  #5  
Flag Greenville, NC
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by frentraken

I recently bought a scoche dual port 21W(dual USB with 2.1 amps per) charger that I thought could charge my 8.4 but it doesn't even seem to recognize it's plugged in. Is this because it needs that extra .3 volts from the stock charger? And are there any multiport chargers capable of charging this tablet?

It requires the D+ and D- pins shorted together with 1.2 V on them. Google "Charging your Smartphone from USB without fear" Sorry I can't post links.

I cracked open my car charger and changed out the resistors to 330k and 110k. It works now. The chargers that mention having a chip / IC like the Anker chargers with SMART IQ auto detects and works. The .3 V difference is to make up for the voltage drop of the cable, it isn't necessary but it lets it charge faster.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread