Search This thread

mrwookie6379

Dec 19, 2008
AWP_Head_v1_zpsa4f98ebc.png
TabPro101Version2png_zps24769874.png
ROMFeatures_zpsbd30008a.png

• Based on official UK release of KitKat 4.4.2 T520XXUAND1
  • Deodexed /system/app, /system/priv-app & /system/framerwork
  • Removed some Samsung bloatware (including Knox) that is available on the Play Store if required.
  • Rooted with Chainfire Super SU
  • Busybox installed
  • Full init.d script support
  • Intelligent zipalign on boot of /system/app, /system/priv-app and /data/app
  • Added AndroWook wallpapers to stock TW Launcher
  • Edited framework-res.apk and SystemUI.apk to remove green quick settings icons from the quick toggle menu and settings.
  • Added SD card media_rw card fix

changelog_zps22bd87d1.png
  • **V0.3**
  • **V0.2** (Internal release)
  • Edited images to remove green quick settings icons from the quick toggle menu.
  • **V0.1** (Internal release)
  • Removed Samsung bloatware
  • Added Busybox
  • Added full init.d script support
  • Added intelligent zipalign script to zipalign on boot of /system/app, /system/priv-app and /data/app

download_zps4c20aa8a.png

Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 10.1 SM-T520​

AndroWook.PRO.KitKat.v0.3.picassowifi.zip​

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23610159112655014

MD5 Checksum:- 65eb7312a17e5d6a2caeed36f4bc34b5​

Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 12.2 SM-T900​

AndroWook.PRO.KitKat.v0.3.v2wifi.zip​

MD5 Checksum:- 3cd564619cc9b1eff5355193f93bd17c​

Installation_zpsaaf3778b.png

• Download the version of AndroWook that corresponds with your tablet model.
  • If downloaded on a PC copy over to either the tablet internal storage or micro SD storage. If downloaded on the tablet skip this step.
  • Reboot into recovery. (Tested with TWRP recovery)
  • (Optional) Perform a backup of the current ROM within recovery.
  • Wipe Data, Cache and Dalvik Cache within recovery.
  • Install AndroWook ROM and then reboot.
  • Complete initial setup then leave tablet for 20-30mins to cache itself.
  • Enjoy!
[/B
]

Thanks_zps6321a641.png

• Thanks to Chainfire for his fantastic SuperSU app and rooting methods.
  • Huge thanks to art-mas for his amazing logo design. You can view the rest of his amazing website at http://www.art-mas.com/
  • Everyone I forgot......;)
  • ......and you guys for using my ROM and giving me something to do. Thank you.:D

XDA:DevDB Information
AndroWook PRO, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 12.2, 10.1, 8.4

Contributors
mrwookie6379
ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat

Version Information
Current Stable Version: v0.3
Stable Release Date: 2014-08-13

Created 2014-08-14
Last Updated 2014-10-13

Last edited:

mrwookie6379

Dec 19, 2008
So this is for the 12.2 t900 also?
For the moment this is just for the 10.1 WIFI SM-T520, as per the thread title, but I will put together a version for the 8.6 and the 12.2 if there is interest.

There are quite a number of features that I have lined up for this ROM so it won't stay this generic for long (hopefully). Watch this space![emoji1]

spton

May 23, 2014
nice work adding more rom choices!

Great to see another choice for. T520.
Out of curiosity what is dif from GraveD rom? I've been running for awhile now as my daily driver and it works flawlessly. From your description sounds like its all covered in That rom...am I missing something?

Cheers!

For the moment this is just for the 10.1 WIFI SM-T520, as per the thread title, but I will put together a version for the 8.6 and the 12.2 if there is interest.

There are quite a number of features that I have lined up for this ROM so it won't stay this generic for long (hopefully). Watch this space![emoji1]

Reactions: mrwookie6379

mrwookie6379

Dec 19, 2008
Great to see another choice for. T520.
Out of curiosity what is dif from GraveD rom? I've been running for awhile now as my daily driver and it works flawlessly. From your description sounds like its all covered in That rom...am I missing something?

Cheers!

No you are not missing anything and as they are both based on stock images there are always going to be fairly similar to be honest.

Im not a great fan of comparing peoples ROM's as I know how much time and effort goes into these, I used to work an 8hr day and then come home and work until midnight when working on AndroWook for the Transformer Prime, so they are all fantastic achievements to me .:D

Looking at GraveD's ROM he has removed more apps, has added more additional apps in and has also added Crossbreeder to his which makes for a fantastic ROM and the reason i have not removed so many apps is that anything i have removed is available for download from the Play store and at least that way it is not installed into the system/app or system/priv-app like Samsung have forced if you are on stock.

Crossbreeder seems good and GraveD seems to have implemeted it nicely so hats off and no doubt I will add it shortly to AndroWook but may do it via Aroma that way you can have the choice of using it.

Last edited:

misiokicio

Jul 4, 2010
Bathgate
Hi, thanks so much bud for working on the t520 ! there is no much development going about,, so another rom sounds fantastic!

spton

May 23, 2014
agreed

What would be nice as well if someone worked on kernel capable of overclocking.

No you are not missing anything and as they are both based on stock images there are always going to be fairly similar to be honest.

Im not a great fan of comparing peoples ROM's as I know how much time and effort goes into these, I used to work an 8hr day and then come home and work until midnight when working on AndroWook for the Transformer Prime, so they are all fantastic achievements to me .:D

Looking at GraveD's ROM he has removed more apps, has added more additional apps in and has also added Crossbreeder to his which makes for a fantastic ROM and the reason i have not removed so many apps is that anything i have removed is available for download from the Play store and at least that way it is not installed into the system/app or system/priv-app like Samsung have forced if you are on stock.

Crossbreeder seems good and GraveD seems to have implemeted it nicely so hats off and no doubt I will add it shortly to AndroWook but may do it via Aroma that way you can have the choice of using it.

cdejesus1119

Jun 17, 2010

YES. PLEASE!! 12.2 :) I have been searching... along with a couple of others and cannot find a decent working Rom.

spton

May 23, 2014
download latest version of flashify app from playstore

After you load flashify, you have the choice in it to load twrp as your recovery.

QUOTE=manderspaul;54826122]Sorry but can someone explain me where i can find twrp for the 10.1 520 can t find anywhere[/QUOTE]

cdejesus1119

Jun 17, 2010
Correct t900. Thanks so much. Apparently its a very difficult Rom to develop for.

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    AWP_Head_v1_zpsa4f98ebc.png
    TabPro101Version2png_zps24769874.png
    ROMFeatures_zpsbd30008a.png

• Based on official UK release of KitKat 4.4.2 T520XXUAND1
    • Removed some Samsung bloatware (including Knox) that is available on the Play Store if required.
    • Busybox installed
    • Full init.d script support
    • Intelligent zipalign on boot of /system/app, /system/priv-app and /data/app
    • Edited framework-res.apk and SystemUI.apk to remove green quick settings icons from the quick toggle menu and settings.

changelog_zps22bd87d1.png
    • **V0.3**
    • **V0.2** (Internal release)
    • Edited images to remove green quick settings icons from the quick toggle menu.
    • **V0.1** (Internal release)
    • Removed Samsung bloatware
    • Added Busybox
    • Added full init.d script support
    • Added intelligent zipalign script to zipalign on boot of /system/app, /system/priv-app and /data/app

download_zps4c20aa8a.png

Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 10.1 SM-T520​

AndroWook.PRO.KitKat.v0.3.picassowifi.zip​

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23610159112655014

MD5 Checksum:- 65eb7312a17e5d6a2caeed36f4bc34b5​

Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 12.2 SM-T900​

MD5 Checksum:- 3cd564619cc9b1eff5355193f93bd17c​

Installation_zpsaaf3778b.png

• Download the version of AndroWook that corresponds with your tablet model.
    • If downloaded on a PC copy over to either the tablet internal storage or micro SD storage. If downloaded on the tablet skip this step.
    • Reboot into recovery. (Tested with TWRP recovery)
    • (Optional) Perform a backup of the current ROM within recovery.
    • Wipe Data, Cache and Dalvik Cache within recovery.
    • Install AndroWook ROM and then reboot.
    • Complete initial setup then leave tablet for 20-30mins to cache itself.
    • Enjoy!
    [/B
    ]

Thanks_zps6321a641.png

• Thanks to Chainfire for his fantastic SuperSU app and rooting methods.
    • Huge thanks to art-mas for his amazing logo design. You can view the rest of his amazing website at http://www.art-mas.com/
    • Everyone I forgot......;)
    • ......and you guys for using my ROM and giving me something to do. Thank you.:D

XDA:DevDB Information
    AndroWook PRO, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 12.2, 10.1, 8.4

Contributors
    mrwookie6379
    ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: v0.3
    Stable Release Date: 2014-08-13

Created 2014-08-14
    Last Updated 2014-10-13
    I like to think I am a man of my word so as promised here is AndroWook PRO KitKat for the Galaxy Tab Pro 12.2 SM-T900.:D

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23622183712457423

MD5 Sum:- 3cd564619cc9b1eff5355193f93bd17c​

Enjoy!!:D:D
    Not complaining or trying to rush it but was curious so I wanted to ask. Do you know if this build will be ready for release in the near future (next few days or week) or will it be some time off.

Thanks! and thanks for your hard work on this rom.
    I've got so many other commitments going on at the moment both at work and at home this seems to have unintentionally been put on the back burner. I do have a great vision and even a road map of how I want to progress this put that requires time which has been lacking a bit recently. As for your original question when will an update be released the best I can say is she I get time which could be next week, it could be 2 weeks or next month I just don't know at the moment.

Not a definitive answer I know but kind of gives you a heads up.
    Another happy customer. Running smooth and currently installing apps.

Can I make a suggestion for the next version? Can you completely debloat the ROM?

Thanks again.:D
    I've decided to discontinue this I'm afraid, if anyone is still using it, as I relinquishe my SM-T520 to my wife as I never really used, infact she used it more than I did, and still have zero time to commit to it so I think it is better putting it to bed.