[ROM][6.0.1_r10][SM-T320] Unofficial RESURRECTION REMIX 5.6.1 [Jan-22] - Marshmallow

Search This thread

rholm

I tried a Full Wipe and flashed v5.4.5 , wipe cache then boot. I then flashed the "smallest gapps " package and wiped cache again, then boot. The force close is no longer limited to Google Play Services, or system apps. It is happening to random user apps although Google related are more common.
This force close issue is fairly well documented with a little research and happens to my stock Galaxy S6 frequently also. My S6 Edge seems unaffected. (Rooted with custom ROM and kernel. Just my 2 cents but I think it has nothing to do with this ROM and everything to do with the recent update of Google play services...

OK, I installed the CORRECT Play Services apk for 320dpi this time and still have the f/c happening. Time for a ,correction, several beer break!
I do see android keyboard stop from time to time. And, the play store does disappear at times while doing updates. But, i don't see a fc popup. This does seem to be the smoothest lollipop rom so far.

Cheers,
Rich

DSR_1106

Dec 27, 2012
Limerick
I do see android keyboard stop from time to time. And, the play store does disappear at times while doing updates. But, i don't see a fc popup. This does seem to be the smoothest lollipop rom so far.

Cheers,
Rich

Don't get me wrong, this rom is VERY GOOD. I'm just frustrated after a day of trying to figure this force close nonsense out..

gscollier

Nov 1, 2008
Auckland
Don't get me wrong, this rom is VERY GOOD. I'm just frustrated after a day of trying to figure this force close nonsense out..

There is a play services update on the play store, I assume you have it. Maps, keep etc will prompt. I only ever see one fc and I try every rom Sumit releases. After updating play services (may be false positive) I don't have any issues. I've been using the same package for ages. A bit stale now but play store will update. Try minimal package and install needed apps from store. Of course you are using a 5.1 package :)

From here:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2779598

Reactions: DSR_1106

DSR_1106

Dec 27, 2012
Limerick
There is a play services update on the play store, I assume you have it. Maps, keep etc will prompt. I only ever see one fc and I try every rom Sumit releases. After updating play services (may be false positive) I don't have any issues. I've been using the same package for ages. A bit stale now but play store will update. Try minimal package and install needed apps from store. Of course you are using a 5.1 package :)

From here:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2779598

I'll double check that one, thanks.

tzlot

Dec 5, 2012
POSSIBLE FIX! sounds ridiculous but I just cleared the play services cache in apps and went from constant fc to zero.... Wiping cache and dalvik in twrp did not help however.

Reactions: DSR_1106

tzlot

Dec 5, 2012
Update: lasted 4 hours before fc came back, but clearing cache in apps again solves it... :)

gscollier

Nov 1, 2008
Auckland
POSSIBLE FIX! sounds ridiculous but I just cleared the play services cache in apps and went from constant fc to zero.... Wiping cache and dalvik in twrp did not help however.

I am on the Temasek ROM and from this morning have started seeing the constant FC. No idea what has caused it to suddenly start but may do a fresh install or try the more vanilla CM12.1. For now I will live with it a few hours but it really is very annoying.

It isn't likely to be ROM specific, possible CM 12.1 and recent google update.

EDIT: no real fix found so I pulled a version off my phone. Install with Titanium or you can dig the apk out of the backup (rar works) but I suspect you will not be able to install an earlier version. Titanium is your friend :)

Enjoy no more fc!
https://www.dropbox.com/s/cliepw9d8jf8u13/com.google.android.gms-20150522-043912.TiBkp?dl=0

UEdit2: it is getting updated silently by google. I am now back on 7.5.71 with no by your leave from google. May have to live with it for now :(

Edit 3!!!!!! People have noticed that it may be location service based and recommend setting to device only. I went into settings/apps/all and revoked the location permission for this app. So far ok but I've thought that already today.
Plenty of people have this problem, different devices and ROMs. Google will fix it sooner or later. Maybe.

Last edited:
Reactions: tzlot

DSR_1106

Dec 27, 2012
Limerick
I am on the Temasek ROM and from this morning have started seeing the constant FC. No idea what has caused it to suddenly start but may do a fresh install or try the more vanilla CM12.1. For now I will live with it a few hours but it really is very annoying.

It isn't likely to be ROM specific, possible CM 12.1 and recent google update.

EDIT: no real fix found so I pulled a version off my phone. Install with Titanium or you can dig the apk out of the backup (rar works) but I suspect you will not be able to install an earlier version. Titanium is your friend :)

Enjoy no more fc!
https://www.dropbox.com/s/cliepw9d8jf8u13/com.google.android.gms-20150522-043912.TiBkp?dl=0

UEdit2: it is getting updated silently by google. I am now back on 7.5.71 with no by your leave from google. May have to live with it for now :(

Edit 3!!!!!! People have noticed that it may be location service based and recommend setting to device only. I went into settings/apps/all and revoked the location permission for this app. So far ok but I've thought that already today.
Plenty of people have this problem, different devices and ROMs. Google will fix it sooner or later. Maybe.

Clear cache in app manager for google play services

---------- Post added at 12:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:45 AM ----------

This issue is happening to my gs6 edge, HTC one, gs5, tab pro 8.4 and gs6
It's got Nothing to do with this or any other rom

gscollier

Nov 1, 2008
Auckland
Would you pm me if you want a tester?

Done.

Setting location services to "device only" fixes the problem. Since I don't want to do that I've downloaded "Disable Service" from the store. In it I disabled:

GoogleLocationManagerService
GoogleLocationService

Several reboots and no fc. For now. I know I have suggested several things that were not a fix so perhaps people will want to wait on a proper fix. I do recommed sending a report every time you get an fc, maybe google will listen and get some proper QA engineers.

Last edited:

DSR_1106

Dec 27, 2012
Limerick

gscollier

Nov 1, 2008
Auckland
It is not a gapps issue, very
well documented play services (after update) issue on all my devices. From HTC one to Tab Pro 8.4 to my 6 edge, s5 etc...
Google will have to patch soon...
Or someone will post a workaround.

2 workarounds: set location mode to device only or download Disable Service and use it as detailed above. 2nd is my preferred solution.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    design_elements_landingnew.png

About Resurrection Remix ROM

Changelog

Screenshot

Source

Resurrection Remix ROM is based on AOKP, CM, PA , Omni and original Remix ROM builds and this makes an awesome combination of performance, customization, power and the most new features brought directly to your Device

Many things that in previous versions were tweaked with mods, are now included by default in the ROM so, please enjoy!

Special thanks to team AOKP, ParanoidAndroid, CM, OMNI, Slim and of course to all the supporters

Main Features Include

Navigation Bar
    -Enable/Disable Navbar
    -Navbar Ring Switch
    -Navbar Ring Targets
    -Navbar Button Customization
    -Navbar Dimensions(Potrait & Landscape)

Statusbar
    -Brightness Slider
    -Enable/Disable Show Notification Count
    -SuperUser Indicator Switch
    -Carrier Label
    -Carrier Label Switch
    -Carrier label Colour
    -Quick PullDown Switch
    -Smart Pulldown Switch
    -Clock Customizations
    -Time & date
    -Clock Colour
    -Day & date Toogle
    -Center Clock/Right Clock Choice
    -Battery
    -Battery Bar customization
    -Battery Icon Customization(circle/landscape/Potrait and more)
    -Battery % Text
    -Network Traffic Indicator
    -Theme Chooser
    -Animations
    -Toast Animations
    -ListView Animations
    -System Animations

Gestures
    -Gestures Anywhere Feature

App Circle Bar
    -Choose apps in App circle
    -Trigger Width
    -Trigger Hieght
    -Trigger Position

Recents Panel
    -Clear All button Switch
    -Clear All Tasks Switch
    -Clear All Button Location(Top right,Top Left,Top Center,Bottom Left,Bottom Right,Bottom Center)

Cclock Widget
    -CLock And Alarm Customizations
    -Weather Panel Customizations
    -Calender Events

LockScreen
    -Lockscreen Shortcuts
    -Choose upto 5 Shortcuts
    -100+ Icons for Shortcuts

Quick Slider Shortcuts
    -Notification Drawer
    -Weather Display Switch
    -Quick Settings
    -Choice to Add 20+ Tiles
    -Enable 2/3/4 Tiles per Row
    -Enable Disable Birghtness Slider in Notification Panel
    -Advanced Location Settings Switch(Choose Battery saving/Device Only/High Accuracy Directly in Notification Panel)
    -LongPress Toogles to Enter Settings

Buttons
    -Backlight Timer
    -Backlight Strength
    -Navigation Bar left/Right handed mode Switch
    -Power Menu
    -Power Menu End Calls Switch
    -Home Button(For devices with HW keys Only)
    -Home Button Wake Up
    -Home Button answer call
    -Long Press Actions
    -Double Tap Actions
    -Back Button(For devices with HW keys Only)
    -Wake Up device Switch
    -Menu Button(For devices with HW keys Only)
    -Wake Up Device Switch
    -Short Press Actions
    -Long Press Actions
    -Search Button(For devices with HW keys Only)
    -Wake Up Device
    -Short Press Action
    -Long Press Action

Volume Buttons
    -Wake Up Device
    -Playback Control
    -Keyboard Cursor Control
    -Swap Buttons on Landscape mode

-Perfomance Profiles
    -LCD Density
    -Expanded Desktop Mode
    -All New CM Audio FX App
    -Heads Up Customizations
    -OverAll Smoothness Improvements
    -Quick Unlock
    -Optimizations to Improve Battery
    -ALL cm12 Features
    -AND MUCH MUCH MORE

-INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS-

- Download the latest build
    - Download Gapps
    - Take a nandroid backup
    - Recommended - Full wipe and factory reset
    - Flash ROM using latest Recovery
    - Flash Gapps
    - Reboot.
    - Enjoy!

-UPDATE INSTRUCTIONS-

- Download the latest build of Resurrection Remix ROM
    - Take a nandroid backup
    - Flash ROM using recovery
    - Flash Gapps
    - Wipe cache
    - Wipe dalvik cache
    - Reboot
    - Enjoy!

--Installation Files-

ROM Download: cm-Resurrection_Remix_LP_v5.4.2-20150420-mondrianwifi.zip

cm-Resurrection_Remix_LP_v5.4.1-20150414-mondrianwifi.zip

Gapps Download: Slim

BUGS: Usual CM bugs

Source

Device Tree

Kernel Tree

Credits:
    @crpalmer
    @westcrip
    @xenon92
    @t4n017
    @Cl3Kener
    XDA Developers

Code:
    #include 
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will simply laugh at you.
     */
    Hi Guys,

Time for one Final lollipop build. Am preparing my build environment for Marshmallow. Download and enjoy the Final Lollipop release.

Download: Resurrection-Remix-LP-v5.5.9-20151204-mondrianwifi.zip

Please check Github for changelog.

Cheers, Sumit
    Hi Guys,

ROM Update: Have been able to fix the 3rd Party keyboard issue which was a very frustrating experience indeed for any user. Try this new build which works pretty well on our device.

cm-Resurrection_Remix_LP_v5.4.1-20150414-mondrianwifi.zip

Changelog: 3rd party keyboard settings selection / FC fix and up-to date commit merges.

Enjoy and share your feedback.
    Hi Guys,

Time for an update:

Download: ResurrectionRemix-M-v5.6.1-20160122-mondrianwifi.zip

Gapps: Any 6.0 gapps.

Cheers, Sumit
    e122dfaa9941cd7fe4a9c7bcd20be17e.jpg

Little teaser. Rom and kernel compiled with sabermod toolchain.