FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM][6.0.1][SM-T325] Unofficial CyanogenMod 13 for the Tab Pro 8.4 LTE

21 posts
Thanks Meter: 6
 
By DensonX, Junior Member on 19th January 2016, 04:45 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Now with working radio, thanks to kyasu. You should thank him, not me.

I am not responisble if you brick you device, if you lose all of your data or if you mess up in any other way.
Please also note that this ROM may contain bugs that I do not know about. If you find a bug, please let me know.
This ROM is made for the Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 4G, and will not work on any other device.

This is CyanogenMod 13, based on Android 6.0 Marshmallow. This rom uses crpalmers device trees and kernel and would not have been possible without his work.

Bugs:
Auto-rotate is kind of buggy
Proximity sensor not working
Probably more.

Installation:
Do a NANDROID backup and back up all of your important files.
Wipe System, Cache and Dalvik Cache
Flash the ROM
Flash Gapps (optional)
Wipe Cache and Dalvik
Boot

Download:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...8&postcount=17

Device Trees:
mondrianlte: https://github.com/dens0n/android_de...e/tree/cm-13.0
tabpro-common: https://github.com/dens0n/android_de...n/tree/cm-13.0

Kernel:
https://github.com/cyanogenmod/andro...i/tree/cm-13.0
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20160119-163819.png
Views:	2006
Size:	234.9 KB
ID:	3615521   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20160119-164243.png
Views:	1998
Size:	176.4 KB
ID:	3615522  
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DensonX For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DensonX Ad-Free
 
 
19th January 2016, 04:52 PM |#2  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
More
Also please note that I am not an experienced developer. I am just a guy who wanted Marshmallow on the tablet, and happened to have the required skills to build a ROM. I will try to fix the SIM card, but I don't think I can do it.
If you find a bug please tell me about it. I will probably not be able to fix it, but I will let everyone else know about it.
Also, please don't ask for features. I have no idea how to implement new features.
19th January 2016, 08:24 PM |#3  
Senior Member
Flag Frankfurt am/Main
Thanks Meter: 47
 
More
Well to be fair Mr. Palmer had mentioned to me on the T320 thread that the Radios were broken on CM13. As I understand it I think he owns the T525 (10.1 LTE), and such work that has been done trickeled down from that.

Sadly I don't seem to have the mad chops to even get as far as that, though lord I'm trying. But, from the looks of things it seems like that bit of Code will need to be rewritten again.
21st January 2016, 01:29 PM |#4  
Member
Thanks Meter: 7
 
More
Does SD card works as Internal Storage in this ROM? I'm currently using CM13 SM-T320 on my SM-T325 as I don't need LTE and radio. On crpalmer's latest nightly build 20/01/2016 for SM-T320 it works.
21st January 2016, 04:03 PM |#5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zdenko1

Does SD card works as Internal Storage in this ROM? I'm currently using CM13 SM-T320 on my SM-T325 as I don't need LTE and radio. On crpalmer's latest nightly build 20/01/2016 for SM-T320 it works.

Yeah, it looks like it works.
Also, can you install SM-T320 ROMs on SM-T325? I had no idea that was possible.
21st January 2016, 04:21 PM |#6  
Member
Thanks Meter: 7
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DensonX

Yeah, it looks like it works.
Also, can you install SM-T320 ROMs on SM-T325? I had no idea that was possible.

Yep, they are basically same device except the SM-T325 has additional radio, 4G and earpiece. When you download ROM for SM-T320 (it might not work for all ROMs) just open zip file in winrar, navigate to /META-INF/com/google/android/ and open file updater-script with your preferred text editor. Right on the first line you command starting like this "assert (getprop("ro.product.device") == "mondrianwifi" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "mondrianwifi" || ..." (this is checking the name of device so you don't flash bad files on your device and potentially brick it)

Here you want to add your device so you can flash it - add this "getprop("ro.product.device") == "mondrianlte" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "mondrianlte". Don't forget to correctly add "||" and keep correct spaces between commands. Close text editor, resave the zip file and you can flash it on your device.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zdenko1 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift zdenko1 Ad-Free
21st January 2016, 04:41 PM |#7  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zdenko1

Yep, they are basically same device except the SM-T325 has additional radio, 4G and earpiece. When you download ROM for SM-T320 (it might not work for all ROMs) just open zip file in winrar, navigate to /META-INF/com/google/android/ and open file updater-script with your preferred text editor. Right on the first line you command starting like this "assert (getprop("ro.product.device") == "mondrianwifi" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "mondrianwifi" || ..." (this is checking the name of device so you don't flash bad files on your device and potentially brick it)

Here you want to add your device so you can flash it - add this "getprop("ro.product.device") == "mondrianlte" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "mondrianlte". Don't forget to correctly add "||" and keep correct spaces between commands. Close text editor, resave the zip file and you can flash it on your device.

Well, damn. I wish I had known that before.
22nd January 2016, 07:30 AM |#8  
Senior Member
Flag Frankfurt am/Main
Thanks Meter: 47
 
More
Yeah I personally can't see much use in that. Had I actually wanted the T320 (Wi-Fi ONLY) Model I could have saved me a lot of Coins on the T325 (LTE). That I'm very pro Phablet. This will never be an acceptable answer for me. But for the moment I can be happy on Lollipop (i.e. CM 12.1).
25th January 2016, 04:33 AM |#9  
Praying hard that this ROM will be stable in future releases! Can't wait to flash it on my Tab Pro 8.0 SM-T325!
25th January 2016, 03:27 PM |#10  
Senior Member
Flag Frankfurt am/Main
Thanks Meter: 47
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by justmoto92

Praying hard that this ROM will be stable in future releases! Can't wait to flash it on my Tab Pro 8.0 SM-T325!

Stability isn't the issue here. I think we can say with some confidence that this ROM isn't any less stable then CM 12.1. The problem hits the fan (in as far as that), when you actually want to use your T325 as a T325. (e.g. as a phone!). Apparently the Radio Stack from CM 12.1 is now broken under CM 13.0. As such what we have to accept is that there really is next to zero support for either the T325 (8.4), or the T525 (10.1) both LTE PROs.

Really we owe Mr. Palmer a huge debt in just giving us CM 12.1. But until someone, anyone can do a rewrite on the Radio Stack there won't be a CM 13 for us. And, as I pointed out outside of Mr. Palmer we don't have as many Devs as the T320 (Wi-Fi) has
25th January 2016, 04:03 PM |#11  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by justmoto92

Praying hard that this ROM will be stable in future releases! Can't wait to flash it on my Tab Pro 8.0 SM-T325!

I wouldn't get my hopes up. SIM support probably won't be fixed for a while, if at all. Also there won't be nightlies or anything, and I will likely prioritize some other ROM in the future, probably MinimalOS, as I don't really like Cyanogenmod.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes