[T900][UNOFFICIAL] OmniROM

OP bonuzzz

5th November 2014, 01:58 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 159

146 posts
OmniROM for T900 Only

installation:
install custom recovery TWRP: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2679825
install omnirom with recovery
install gapps (optional): http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2397942
for root flash zip file with recovery: http://download.chainfire.eu/589/SuperSU/

Changelog:
R2:
-sensors fixed
-improve overal stability
-bug fixes

not working:
camera
buttons backlight

download links:
R2 https://yadi.sk/d/ACdFgx9zcaGfz

XDA:DevDB Information
OmniROM, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 12.2, 10.1, 8.4

Contributors
bonuzzz, Valera1978, arcadia2uk
ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
Based On: AOSP

Version Information
Current Beta Version: 1
Beta Release Date: 2014-11-05

Created 2014-11-05
Last Updated 2014-11-08
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bonuzzz For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th November 2014, 01:58 AM   |  #2  
OP Senior Member

146 posts
Reserved
5th November 2014, 04:17 PM   |  #3  
Boston, MA
Thanks Meter: 79

338 posts
Latest update: 11082014 2.30pm EST

Thank you bonuzzz and Valera1978. This OmniROM directly built from source is out of the box the smoothest and reactive ROM I've seen on the T-900, and it's also fully Open Source AOSP. I have been fortunate to run this version in alpha and beta over the past 4 or 5 days and I have not seen any extraordinary issues with the release., on the contrary it's the most reactive ROM currently existing for the T-900.

Note for v.2 - Be very patient in flashing v2, from that system format starts in TWRP until extraction kicks in there's currently a delay of up to 3 minutes

Just as under the SM-T900 cm11 tread, I have performed some functionality testing of the device and some extra features, they are shown below as working, not working or not tested. The functionality grid was developed based on weaknesses in earlier AOSP builds and ports for the large format Samsung Tab/Note Pro family:
- mtp - to activate go to Settings/About tablet/ and tap 8 times on Build number - The menu will now have Settings/{ } Developer options/ activated. Check mark USB debugging notify.
- adb
- External SD - working out of the box
- Ext4 SD card mounting on external SD card - Unfortunately, I don't have a free SD Card to test with, if someone is interested in performing the test and report back it would be great, but theoretically it should work
- USB OTG including USB storage
- Off-mode charging
- Encryption - failed restoration of encrypted backup data in TWRP 2.8.1.1, but this must be a TWRP issue - Encryption process in ROM takes about an hour to perform, if someone is interested in performing the test and report back it would be great, but theoretically it should work
-----------------------------------------
- Lid sensor
- IR blaster - I've used IR2.0
- OC settings - located in Settings/Performance/ if you swipe right between the grids a"power menu" is shown where a multitude of performance settings and information is available, most of them currently not used.
- Advanced reboot - to activate go to Settings/About tablet/ and tap 8 times on Build number - The menu will now have Settings/{ } Developer options/. Check mark Advanced reboot.
- Screen Rotation only seem to react if the app has a default setting. You can use the Set Orientation, or the Ultimate Rotation Control app to pick the rotation you desire.
- Play Store
- Google Play movies download and playback
- Google Play streaming Movies & TV
- DRM - tested with Audible, Google Books and Amazon Kindle
- Zona
- Popcorn Time - need upgrade to latest version 2.3 beta, includes built-in VPN and Chromecast support with subtitles, earlier version timed out
- YouTube 1080p playback - 1440p will work w. v5.9.0.12, but I believe this to be a false positive
- Netflix
- Chromecast with #MirrorEnabler hack, allowing for screen cast
- MHL connector
- Miracast
- Capacitive lights - I assume this is the backlights for the capacitive buttons
- Capacitive keys
- Home button - correct function performed
- Brightness manual + auto
- Vibrator
- GPS lock and voice directed navigation
- WiFi both 2.4 GHz & 5 GHz are working
- Bluetooth
- Microphone
- Audio on both speakers
- Headphones
- Camera - in progress the camera "works", but does not allow for single shots to be taken, and crashes in video mode, but panorama shots are working
- Torch as of v2
- Camera Sensors as of v2
- Xposed Framework and modules - need re-initialization after each boot (common to all cm ROM's)
- Superuser - installation of SuperSU from TWRP is recommended - make sure to enter into SuperSU settings and execute "Install SuperSU backup script", under the CUSTOM ROM label, before re-flashing a ROM update.
- Hangouts Dialer phone calls via Hangouts
All fixes are in progress and will hopefully be sorted out in the new upcoming release

The following are standard limitations and options for OmniROM:
Write access to your external SD-card works out of the box, but just in case i suggest to d/l JRummy's SD KitKat Fixer
init.d support also works out of the box, otherwise d/l Uni-init by Ryuinferno.
If you think to much heat is building up use Performance/Governor set to ondemand, or conservative and I/O Schedduler to bfq, in addition to increase battery time you can set Wi-Fi/Advanced/Keep Wi-Fi on during sleep/ to Only when plugged in and make sure the Wi-Fi/Advanced/Wi-Fi optimization/ is checked and reduce Display/Sleep/ to below 1 minute. You can also use some apps to improve battery eg Easy Battery Saver, or the more sophisticated AutoCon+ Save Battery & Data and and to put hanging apps to hibernation Greenify that I believe require Xposed Installer. To improve charging time, you can use an app eg Faster Charger. Finally, I have also used PurePerformances in order to further improve the performances and VIPER4AndroidFX to allow for louder speaker sound and enhanced listening experience.
Last edited by arcadia2uk; 9th November 2014 at 01:29 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to arcadia2uk For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th November 2014, 03:45 PM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member

146 posts
new version is released. sensors are fixed. camera is not working yet
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bonuzzz For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th November 2014, 06:34 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 53

317 posts
I have read about, and been curious about, omnirom for a long time now. I love this tab smt 900 but have not had a lot of luck with development so far. I am a tinkerer, i like to flash a rom, tweak to my satisfaction and run it for a long time. I will stay here for a few days to see if it gains speed and these issues are fixed. If so, it looks like a great daily driver. Currently running the cm build that @arcadia2uk helped with. THANK YOU ALL for your efforts and contributions so people like me can have so much fun. Looking forward to it.
8th November 2014, 07:22 PM   |  #6  
Boston, MA

338 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonuzzz

new version is released. sensors are fixed. camera is not working yet

Be very patient in flashing v2, from that system format starts in TWRP until extraction kicks in there's currently a delay of close to 3 minutes. Also, if you plan on a dirty flash; make sure to enter into SuperSU settings and execute "Install SuperSU backup script" under the CUSTOM ROM label before flashing.
Last edited by arcadia2uk; 8th November 2014 at 08:49 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to arcadia2uk For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th November 2014, 09:13 PM   |  #7  
Boston, MA

338 posts
OmniROM Now Booting on Android 5.0 Lollipop!
from xda article
OmniROM has officially become the first large-scale custom ROM distribution to merge and successfully boot Android 5.0 Lollipop. The initial boot was performed with the Nexus 7-2013
More details in main Omni Lollipop thread.
The Following User Says Thank You to arcadia2uk For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th November 2014, 02:39 AM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 18

38 posts
Does this rom have multi window?
10th November 2014, 10:28 AM   |  #9  
Boston, MA

338 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quantra

Does this rom have multi window?

MultiWindow was removed from OmniROM in the spring of 2014. However, the former split view feature now exist as the Xposed module: XMultiWindow. There is also
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valera1978

Additional:
Multi-Windows:
1. Install Xposed framework: download apk from http://repo.xposed.info/module/de.ro...osed.installer
run apk, launch it, go to framework and press installupdate, then reboot. Alow root if ask.
2. Install XHaloFloatingWindow module: open Xposed framework, go to download section and search XHaloFloatingWindow (just type Halo), open XHaloFloatingWindow, swipe to left - and press download on latest version
3. Activate XHaloFloatingWindow module: open Xposed framework, go to Modules and check XHaloFloatingWindow, then reboot. Allow root if ask.
4. Open XHaloFloatingWindow - you can leave all by default, but:
- Popup WindowPopup Dim set to 0
- Popup Behavior - check "Force New Windows in Halo"
5. Install MultiWindow Sidebar: download apk from http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2729450
6. run MultiWindow Sidebar:
- Check "Start on Boot"
- In "Select Apps" - add your apps
- In "Drag Launch Mode": select ParanoidAndroid Halo
- In "Tap Launch Mode": selecrt ParanoidAndroid Halo
then reboot and enjoy.

Personally, I'm using XHaloFloatingWindow together with Floatifications and it works very well in landscape mode (I have not tried in portrait).
Last edited by arcadia2uk; 10th November 2014 at 10:42 AM.
10th November 2014, 08:00 PM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 53

317 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by arcadia2uk

MultiWindow was removed from OmniROM in the spring of 2014. However, the former split view feature now exist as the Xposed module: XMultiWindow. There is also

Personally, I'm using XHaloFloatingWindow together with Floatifications and it works very well in landscape mode (I have not tried in portrait).

That is the exact setup I am using on the SM T900. XHalo and Floatifications. It is close to halo on PA. I am on the cm 11 ROM but I am confident the ROM is irrelevant as to functionality.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread