Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,768,353 Members 46,167 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

You are missing out !

Tip us?

DKM119
Old
Thanks Meter 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by xdm9mm View Post
Never had a problem when I used Odin to revert back to stock rom on my Pro 8.4, but the knox was still 0x1, but luckily no one checked when I returned mine, though it had a hardware fault so I returned it.
Can you link the stock rom please?

RedXXII
Old
Thanks Meter 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike 01Hawk View Post
More and more I'm glad I was able to snag a mint 10.1 pro off CL for $300 just last week.

I'm sure in about 1 month though they'll be down to $250 or less. Oh well. Now to just debloat this whale. Come on CM11, we know you wanna tackle the octomom, er I mean cpu, challenge!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM119 View Post
Yeah I agree... so far everywhere is a $329, on newegg they have at $289 but are refurbished... really don't know a bit getting one refurbished.... gonna keep looking.

I would check swappa. I picked up my Pro 8.4 for $280 with a 32gb Sandisk card and Samsung Folio case. was a great deal
The Following User Says Thank You to RedXXII For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

CafeKampuchia
Old
Thanks Meter 223
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM119 View Post
Can you link the stock rom please?
www.sammobile.com/firmwares

drmacrofish
Old
Thanks Meter 205
I went with the pro. The deal I got at the time made it a total no brainer. 250$ price from Best Buy plus a 50$ best buy gift card. Also got two 25$ Google Play codes. Basically got a brand new tab pro 8.4 for a whopping 150$....no way the Tab S is worth 400$.

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

Zenoran
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by drmacrofish View Post
I went with the pro. The deal I got at the time made it a total no brainer. 250$ price from Best Buy plus a 50$ best buy gift card. Also got two 25$ Google Play codes. Basically got a brand new tab pro 8.4 for a whopping 150$....no way the Tab S is worth 400$.

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk
How did u get 250?

I got the newegg refurb and it has scrape on silver trim and scratched home button so I'm sending it back
XV6800 -> XV6850 -> Fuze -> PPC 6850 -> XV6850 -> iPhone -> Nexus One -> Epic 4G -> Nexus S -> Thunderbolt -> Galaxy Nexus -> Galaxy S3 -> Nexus 5

iPad -> Galaxy Tab -> Nook Color -> Galaxy Tab -> Transformer -> Nook Color -> Nexus 7 -> iPad 3 -> Nexus 10

drmacrofish
Old
Thanks Meter 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenoran View Post
How did u get 250?

I got the newegg refurb and it has scrape on silver trim and scratched home button so I'm sending it back
The week before the tab S came out in retail, Best Buy slashed the price in stores to 249.99$, and for a couple of days, if you ordered it online you got a 50$ gift card sent to you too. It was a crazy deal.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Zenoran
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by drmacrofish View Post
The week before the tab S came out in retail, Best Buy slashed the price in stores to 249.99$, and for a couple of days, if you ordered it online you got a 50$ gift card sent to you too. It was a crazy deal.
Oh okay... I did some searching and found some deals related to this but already expired. boo hoo.

Not sure what I'm going to do if I'm going to just order another refurb or what. I originally got the GTP because it had infrared but it appears to be kinda proprietary and I'm not a fan of the application. I'll have to do some additional research to see if there are other customizable applications for total home theater control (including HTPC) to see if this model is even going to accomplish what I was hoping for. But getting it NEW for $250 would surely seal the deal for me!
XV6800 -> XV6850 -> Fuze -> PPC 6850 -> XV6850 -> iPhone -> Nexus One -> Epic 4G -> Nexus S -> Thunderbolt -> Galaxy Nexus -> Galaxy S3 -> Nexus 5

iPad -> Galaxy Tab -> Nook Color -> Galaxy Tab -> Transformer -> Nook Color -> Nexus 7 -> iPad 3 -> Nexus 10

mingkee
Old
Thanks Meter 245
For 8.4 model, Tab Pro is much better because 800 processor is better than Exynos.
For 10 model, they're draw.
AMOLED on Tab S looks better (less red tint) than 8.4, but keep in mind that Tab Pro does not have screen burn problem.
However, there's a minor feature on Tab S a lot of users overlooked: charging port. You can put the unit in landscape and charge.

Tags
tab s vs tab pro