Lollipop Leak Available for the Sprint Galaxy S5

Since the Android 5.0Lollipop’s official release not too long ago, we’ve seen … more

CPU Spy Gets an Android Lollipop Makeover

At some point in the distant past, you probably heard of CPU Spy for Android by XDARetired … more

Amazon Fire TV Stick vs Chromecast – XDA TV

There is no doubt that Amazon is a huge player in many markets, and they want to be a huge … more

Fight the Heat and Conserve Battery with EaseUS Coolphone

Memory hungry Android applications are often responsible for making our device … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Tab Pro 8.4 Battery Life

OP metaldood

2nd July 2014, 04:15 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Bay Area
Thanks Meter: 70

1,039 posts
More
How much battery life are you guys getting on your Tab Pro 8.4? I bought mine couple of days back and I felt it's disappointing.
2nd July 2014, 04:48 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 26

208 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by metaldood

How much battery life are you guys getting on your Tab Pro 8.4? I bought mine couple of days back and I felt it's disappointing.

Mine has been fine. But, i use it to read and browse the web. I rarely make it down to 50% each day.

Cheers,
Rich
2nd July 2014, 04:56 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Bay Area
Thanks Meter: 70

1,039 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rholm

Mine has been fine. But, i use it to read and browse the web. I rarely make it down to 50% each day.

Cheers,
Rich

What's your on-screen time in battery stats? Or maybe post a screenshot of your battery usage.
The Following User Says Thank You to metaldood For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd July 2014, 05:07 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 26

208 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by metaldood

What's your on-screen time in battery stats? Or maybe post a screenshot of your battery usage.

It shows 2 hrs 10 minutes. I have 67% battery left.

Cheers,
Rich
2nd July 2014, 07:53 AM   |  #5  
Flag Portland, Oregon
Thanks Meter: 1

7 posts
More
What bugged me was the disappointing battery life when the screen was turned off (not completely powered off of course). Even in airplane mode it would die in a day or two just sitting around. Battery stats showed Android System and OS were killing the battery. I never figured out if there was a setting or something to fix it.

Instead I loaded Cyanogenmod 11 on it a week ago and now it uses only 3% of the battery a day when I'm not using it. I don't miss any of the Samsung extras.
2nd July 2014, 01:52 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 60

340 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbleacher

What bugged me was the disappointing battery life when the screen was turned off (not completely powered off of course). Even in airplane mode it would die in a day or two just sitting around. Battery stats showed Android System and OS were killing the battery. I never figured out if there was a setting or something to fix it.

Instead I loaded Cyanogenmod 11 on it a week ago and now it uses only 3% of the battery a day when I'm not using it. I don't miss any of the Samsung extras.

Something must be keeping it awake. My tab has excellent standby battery life.
Doesnt lose more than 5% in a day. I do have the setting to turn wifi off when in sleep mode though (unless plugged in)

Battery life on the whole varies. Video watching through the stock video player drops about 10% an hour. Surfing would depend on your browsing habits. Gaming drains close to 20% an hour. Pretty standard. That along with the excellent stand by time means I get about 2 days of use on a charge.
Last edited by rkial; 2nd July 2014 at 01:54 PM.
2nd July 2014, 06:18 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 6

87 posts
Every day at work telephony, internet, email, IMO 24hours, 24hours Bluethooth Gear 2 connect. Dinner consists of my tablet battery 55%. For me life is great. My tablet root and frozen Samsung Apps (Bloatware) ... XDA .... Try the Nova launcher from the Play Store to Improve speed. Set it as your default launcher then Disable / Turn Off;
Flipboard, MagazineWidget, S Voice, Samsung Apps, Samsung Apps Widget, SapaMonitor, Screen Saver, World Clock, and (Hancom, Office for Android Share, Hcell, Hshow, Hword, Updater, Viewer Launcher, and Widget) if you do not plan on using it.

We will be adding Quadrant test 24,000 points on the original ROM.

Play google baterry doctor.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-07-02-18-50-53.jpg
Views:	772
Size:	247.3 KB
ID:	2829010   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-07-02-18-50-58.jpg
Views:	660
Size:	246.9 KB
ID:	2829012   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-07-02-18-52-50.jpg
Views:	635
Size:	232.1 KB
ID:	2829013   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-07-02-18-57-43.jpg
Views:	695
Size:	196.5 KB
ID:	2829014  
Last edited by dansafe; 2nd July 2014 at 07:00 PM.
2nd July 2014, 10:41 PM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 47

303 posts
Battery life is good its an app thats draining the battery.

Sent from my SM-T520 using Tapatalk
2nd July 2014, 11:20 PM   |  #9  
Flag Portland, Oregon
Thanks Meter: 1

7 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkial

Something must be keeping it awake. My tab has excellent standby battery life.
Doesnt lose more than 5% in a day. I do have the setting to turn wifi off when in sleep mode though (unless plugged in)

Yes it was using as much battery as watching a movie with the screen on. Something was terribly wrong with it. I think this behavior started after a software update I got from Samsung.

I turned everything off including Wifi and it was still eating the battery while sitting there with the screen off. I have never seen that with any Android device I've ever owned.

But I'm happy with Cyanogenmod. Battery life is outstanding now.
3rd July 2014, 02:38 AM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 6

93 posts
My battery life was mediocre, and then I put cyanogenmod on, and it went to dreadful. With the tablet at 100% and OFF, untouched, it would be 20% down in 10 hours. In contrast, my iPad loses maybe 3% in that time, doing the same thing - tracking email.

I ran a wakelock tracker and noticed that Exchange Services has it awake about half the time. The total time. Like in 10 hours Exchange had it awake (with screen off) more than five hours. Effen ay. Something is seriously screwed up with how Cyanogenmod's Exchange talks to the two Exchange services I use. Switching from Push to "5 minutes" has helped significantly; Exchange is still the worst culprit, but now only by a factor of four rather than a few hundred.

Ideally what I'd like is the new Exchange apks modified to prevent admin and fixed to be less wakelock intensive.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread