Google Glass-like Clip-On For Regular Glasses Developed by Sony

For the price of $2,000, a pair of glasses that can run apps, take pictures, … more

Micromax Takes OnePlus to Court! Android Wear Receives Lollipop – XDA TV

Android 5.0 Lollipop is available officially for the Moto 360! … more

Google Invites Selected Devs to Buy Project Tango Development Kit

Just about a month ago, the curious Project Tango development kit was … more

YU Yureka: Indian Handset with CyanogenMod

Thesoap opera involving Cyanogen Inc., OnePlus, and Micromax is one of the most talked about … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Tab Pro 8.4 Battery Life

OP metaldood

19th August 2014, 09:20 PM   |  #51  
Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 139

453 posts
I put my tablet on airplane mode when i'm not going to use it for several hours. I go 3-4 days between charges. Greenify and wakelock detector helps on my rooted phone, but my Tab Pro 8.4 is still stock. I don't think the Magazine UI uses much battery since I set it up to manually refresh only when open a tile.
20th August 2014, 02:03 PM   |  #52  
Thanks Meter: 5

18 posts
With cyanogenmod 11 M9 i'm getting between 6 and 7 hours with screen on, moderate use.
Good enough for me
20th August 2014, 08:20 PM   |  #53  
Flag Nice
Thanks Meter: 20

118 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by HKSpeed

I put my tablet on airplane mode when i'm not going to use it for several hours. I go 3-4 days between charges. Greenify and wakelock detector helps on my rooted phone, but my Tab Pro 8.4 is still stock. I don't think the Magazine UI uses much battery since I set it up to manually refresh only when open a tile.

If putting in airplane mode when the tab is idle makes a different then you have a problematic app.. In idle I get more than a week on my 10.1. I expect the same or at least a few days on any device.
29th August 2014, 06:50 AM   |  #54  
Flag Franca
Thanks Meter: 3

84 posts
More
I get absurdly better battery life when in power save mode(specially talking about screen-off time.
Once I got 10 days with one charge, and about 5 or 6 screen on time (but mostly wifi off).
No idea why..
30th August 2014, 09:17 PM   |  #55  
Flag NYC, USA
Thanks Meter: 775

1,436 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HKSpeed

Greenify and wakelock detector is killer combination of the apps to identify battery drain apps and putting them on hibernate. I strongly recommend any android tablet users to use this two. You will be amazed how much battery you will be saving.
30th August 2014, 09:19 PM   |  #56  
Flag Utrecht
Thanks Meter: 604

4,717 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzespresso

Greenify and wakelock detector is killer combination of the apps to identify battery drain apps and putting them on hibernate. I strongly recommend any android tablet users to use this two. You will be amazed how much battery you will be saving.

Thanks I'm used greenify and better battery stats to detect wakelocks and disable the using xposed.
I don't do that anymore, I'm happy with the 8.4 it's perfect and I don't feel it to improve the battery anymore.

November/December will my HTC One M8 arrive !
3rd September 2014, 11:44 PM   |  #57  
Thanks Meter: 79

250 posts
More
I'm comfortably getting 8hrs screen on time with web, office and video (no gaming) and in deep sleep it's using 2 - 3% over 10hrs on stock ROM and kernel, Towel rooted, no apps frozen, wifi always on and apps syncing in the background.

http://imgbox.com/vgSGeXVL - screen on time
http://imgbox.com/ImKY4pSC - battery use
http://imgbox.com/80hkpb4A - Wakelock screen shot (from today - other 2 links are battery stats from yesterday)
Last edited by hundred_miles_high; 4th September 2014 at 12:03 AM.
3rd September 2014, 11:45 PM   |  #58  
Flag Utrecht
Thanks Meter: 604

4,717 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hundred_miles_high

I'm comfortably getting 8hrs screen on time with web, office and video (no gaming) and in deep sleep it's using 2 - 3% over 10hrs on stock ROM and kernel, Towel rooted, no apps frozen, wifi always on and apps syncing in the background all day.

Just sounds like a good tablet to me

November/December will my HTC One M8 arrive !

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread