Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,220 Members 37,614 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Tab Pro 8.4 Battery Life

Tip us?

HKSpeed
Old
Thanks Meter 136
I put my tablet on airplane mode when i'm not going to use it for several hours. I go 3-4 days between charges. Greenify and wakelock detector helps on my rooted phone, but my Tab Pro 8.4 is still stock. I don't think the Magazine UI uses much battery since I set it up to manually refresh only when open a tile.
Galaxy S4 (T-Mobile) on Fenny's stock modded 4.4.2
Galaxy S3 (T-Mobile) on DocHoliday77's stock modded 4.3
Nexus 7 (2012) on Purity
LG L70 TowelRooted
Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 TowelRooted

edlabh
Old
Thanks Meter 4
With cyanogenmod 11 M9 i'm getting between 6 and 7 hours with screen on, moderate use.
Good enough for me

rchtk
Old
Thanks Meter 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by HKSpeed View Post
I put my tablet on airplane mode when i'm not going to use it for several hours. I go 3-4 days between charges. Greenify and wakelock detector helps on my rooted phone, but my Tab Pro 8.4 is still stock. I don't think the Magazine UI uses much battery since I set it up to manually refresh only when open a tile.
If putting in airplane mode when the tab is idle makes a different then you have a problematic app.. In idle I get more than a week on my 10.1. I expect the same or at least a few days on any device.

favero_
Old
Thanks Meter 2
I get absurdly better battery life when in power save mode(specially talking about screen-off time.
Once I got 10 days with one charge, and about 5 or 6 screen on time (but mostly wifi off).
No idea why..
Sent from my incredible Galaxy Note II - Phantom ROM v1 (Oh yeah, that's Kitkat baby!)

jazzespresso
Old
Thanks Meter 659
Quote:
Originally Posted by HKSpeed View Post
Greenify and wakelock detector is killer combination of the apps to identify battery drain apps and putting them on hibernate. I strongly recommend any android tablet users to use this two. You will be amazed how much battery you will be saving.
"Chaos is order yet undeciphered"

================================================== ================
  • Nexus 7 WiFi (2012) - [KK 4.4.4 KTU84P] ♦ [CM11 M9]
  • Galaxy Note 3 - AT&T, Stock ROM 4.4.2
  • Galaxy Tab 2 7 - GT-P3113 - 4.4.4 - Official SlimKat ROM
  • Galaxy Note 8.0 - GT-N5110 - 4.4.2 CivZ-FLEXNOTE-8.0_Rev1.8 with SPen Air Feature
  • HP TouchPad - WebOS - still one of the best OS!
================================================== ================

Bink Feed
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 563
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzespresso View Post
Greenify and wakelock detector is killer combination of the apps to identify battery drain apps and putting them on hibernate. I strongly recommend any android tablet users to use this two. You will be amazed how much battery you will be saving.
Thanks I'm used greenify and better battery stats to detect wakelocks and disable the using xposed.
I don't do that anymore, I'm happy with the 8.4 it's perfect and I don't feel it to improve the battery anymore.

November/December will my HTC One M8 arrive !

hundred_miles_high
Old
(Last edited by hundred_miles_high; 3rd September 2014 at 11:03 PM.)
Thanks Meter 72
I'm comfortably getting 8hrs screen on time with web, office and video (no gaming) and in deep sleep it's using 2 - 3% over 10hrs on stock ROM and kernel, Towel rooted, no apps frozen, wifi always on and apps syncing in the background.

http://imgbox.com/vgSGeXVL - screen on time
http://imgbox.com/ImKY4pSC - battery use
http://imgbox.com/80hkpb4A - Wakelock screen shot (from today - other 2 links are battery stats from yesterday)
Galaxy TabPRO 8.4 - T320XAR1ANAI
Galaxy S3 - Imperium 27.1 - XXUGND1
Asus Nexus 7 (2012) - Mahdi-Rom 2.5
Galaxy W - Liquid Smooth v2.9 - Madridii Kernel v3.2
MK808B - 4.2.2 - mk808b_v401j2

Bink Feed
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 563
Quote:
Originally Posted by hundred_miles_high View Post
I'm comfortably getting 8hrs screen on time with web, office and video (no gaming) and in deep sleep it's using 2 - 3% over 10hrs on stock ROM and kernel, Towel rooted, no apps frozen, wifi always on and apps syncing in the background all day.
Just sounds like a good tablet to me

November/December will my HTC One M8 arrive !