FORUMS

New Snapdragons: Some Context & Contrast

It hasn’t been a good year for Qualcomm so far. Every device featuring the Snapdragon 810 … more

Google To Launch Next Gen Android One On July 14

The first gen of Android One devices to be launched in India in September 2014 were … more

Droid Turbo Lollipop OTA, 2015 Moto G Leaked – XDA TV

Android Lollipop for the Droid Turbo has been released. That and much more … more

EVLeaks Shows Off Possible BlackBerry Android Phone

It wasn’t too long ago that we received reports of BlackBerry planning to use … more

Tab Pro 8.4 Battery Life

1,049 posts
Thanks Meter: 72

By metaldood, Senior Member on 2nd July 2014, 03:15 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
5th May 2015, 05:03 AM |#81  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Then what is the best battery wise rom available now? CM12? RESURRECTION ? Euphoria? CrDroid?

5th May 2015, 07:06 AM |#82  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sn3pro

Battery life is amazing since I installed cm12, couldn't be more happier. Iam on cm12.1 2015-04-20

Just to clarify: you are getting 11 SoT and 29 hour total with one charge with the latest CM? Holy frak that's awesome. What were you getting before? Maybe, your device is an anomaly of some kind because many others have said that they get 5h~ SoT. Personally, I'm usually around the 7h mark with low brightness, while I'm reading on Chrome/Moon.
5th May 2015, 12:14 PM |#83  
Flag Manchester
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisfsk

Then what is the best battery wise rom available now? CM12? RESURRECTION ? Euphoria? CrDroid?

I haven't had my Tab Pro 8.4 long but so far I have tried Stock Touchwizz (obviously), CM12.1, RR, Euphoria and Revolution 1.1 (I have just installed this last night). Up until last night I found stock touchwizz to be better on battery but as Revolution 1.1 is based on stock but heavily debloated I think this one is just shading it in terms of battery performance.

When I first installed Resurrection Remix and Euphoria my battery seemed to drain pretty quick but after tweaking the governor it seemed to help a bit, although still not as good as stock. Strangely, the CM12.1 nightly I installed seemed to be a bit better on battery than Euphoria or RR but it may be because it was a later developed nightly (one of last weeks I think). It's a shame because I loved the CM12.1 lollipop interface but battery is quite important to me so it had to go. Hopefully battery performance will keep improving, possibly more when we officially get lollipop on our tabs.

So far I'm happy with Revolution 1.1, I think I'll be sticking with that for the time being
6th May 2015, 05:05 AM |#84  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy4Shurr

I haven't had my Tab Pro 8.4 long but so far I have tried Stock Touchwizz (obviously), CM12.1, RR, Euphoria and Revolution 1.1 (I have just installed this last night). Up until last night I found stock touchwizz to be better on battery but as Revolution 1.1 is based on stock but heavily debloated I think this one is just shading it in terms of battery performance.

When I first installed Resurrection Remix and Euphoria my battery seemed to drain pretty quick but after tweaking the governor it seemed to help a bit, although still not as good as stock. Strangely, the CM12.1 nightly I installed seemed to be a bit better on battery than Euphoria or RR but it may be because it was a later developed nightly (one of last weeks I think). It's a shame because I loved the CM12.1 lollipop interface but battery is quite important to me so it had to go. Hopefully battery performance will keep improving, possibly more when we officially get lollipop on our tabs.

So far I'm happy with Revolution 1.1, I think I'll be sticking with that for the time being

I am using the latest Resurrection Remix rom now and I am having around 3 to 4 hours of SOT from the normal usage with good brightness but no heavy gaming. Kind of disappointed compare with the stock. How about you?
6th May 2015, 08:17 AM |#85  
Flag Manchester
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisfsk

I am using the latest Resurrection Remix rom now and I am having around 3 to 4 hours of SOT from the normal usage with good brightness but no heavy gaming. Kind of disappointed compare with the stock. How about you?

My brightness is quite low, it always is on stock rom. I spent most of yesterday setting up my home screen, apps (downloading a lot) and playing games for quite a while in the evening... so quite heavy usage. Now I have everything set up I'm hoping to get a lot more SOT.

From yesterday's readings I'm getting 5 hours SOT under that heavy use. On stock, before, I was getting 6/7 depending on usage... So i expect this to be similar if not marginally better. In powersaving mode without gaming I could probably push 8 hours - that's my estimates but I'll keep you updates with readings
6th May 2015, 01:04 PM |#86  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoberDogs

Just to clarify: you are getting 11 SoT and 29 hour total with one charge with the latest CM? Holy frak that's awesome. What were you getting before? Maybe, your device is an anomaly of some kind because many others have said that they get 5h~ SoT. Personally, I'm usually around the 7h mark with low brightness, while I'm reading on Chrome/Moon.

Yes on stock I was getting 6-8 hrs, cm boosted it 3+hrs at least...
25th June 2015, 04:24 AM |#87  
Cape Coral, Fl.
Thanks Meter: 40

More
Cm12.1 stock settings, no battery apps etc.

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread