Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,778 Members 38,384 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Change HDMI output resolution on Tab Pro 10.1?

Tip us?

championos
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Tablet [Q] Change HDMI output resolution on Tab Pro 10.1?

Hello everyone.

I am now the happy owner of this wonderful device. One thing that annoys me tho, is that when i use my official Samsung MHL cable to output HDMI to my TV, it doesnt adapt to my full hd tv with aspect 16:9, but still keeps the 16:10 resolution of the tablet, which results in black boxes on each side of the screen.

I have tryed different resolution changing apps, but with no luck. They both resulted in a boot loop of my device, where i had to hard reset to stop it.

Is there anyone who had any luck with any apps, scripts, roms?

storino03
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by championos View Post
Hello everyone.

I am now the happy owner of this wonderful device. One thing that annoys me tho, is that when i use my official Samsung MHL cable to output HDMI to my TV, it doesnt adapt to my full hd tv with aspect 16:9, but still keeps the 16:10 resolution of the tablet, which results in black boxes on each side of the screen.

I have tryed different resolution changing apps, but with no luck. They both resulted in a boot loop of my device, where i had to hard reset to stop it.

Is there anyone who had any luck with any apps, scripts, roms?
I think because of the higher resolution of this tablet, and the norm of 1080p HDTVs, you are going to get some cut-off points when mirroring the display.
-------------
Samsung Galaxy S3 (Sprint), Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 (Wifi)