Default Couple Questions about Rooting the Tab Pro 12.2

Moving from a Asus Trans-Infinity to the Tab-Pro12.2 and had the Asus rooted/rom'ed and have a couple of questions while transitioning.

Discounting the fact of you can delete/change things you shouldn't are there any bad things about rooting the SM-T9000ZKCXAR? I've rooted/rom'ed other tablets and mostly good. the biggest reason is Titanium Backup and some other utilities that need root. Plus I hate the fact that I own a device and don't have full access to it. I would never buy a windows box that locked me out of things.

So now assuming I am going to root does the procedure listed in the "[HOW TO]Root the Tab Pro 8.4 and 10.1" also apply to the 12.2 or are there other files/procedures to do? If someone has a good document on the root for the SM-T900 I would love it.

p.s. On an off-topic not if you are this far then what cables/accessories do you have that you like for the 12.2. I need to get a USB dongle, and HDMI cable/adaptor for it since the Asus had both built-in and this has neither.