[Q] Cyanogenmod on Galaxy Pro Tab 12.2? Also codename?

OP robcoch

19th July 2014, 09:18 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

18 posts
Hi,
Have not put Cyanogenmod on a device in some time and the Tab Pro 12 Wifi (SM-T900) device is new to me. Couple of questions, first - what is the correct codename for the device? I've seen Mondrianwifi in in the Cyanogenmod download device list but that appears to be the name for the 8.4, not this one. And when I look at /system/build.prop I see the value below.
ro.product.device=v2wifi
I thought that was supposed to be the codename per http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Doc:_porting_intro. The v2wifi value is not on the Cyanogenmod list and further, that name looks pretty generic. I realize Cyanogenmod may not yet have an official ROM ready for the device but was frustrated enough with the Samsung Touch-Wiz crap that I'm thinking of using another port if available. Having the right codename seems essential, needless to say.

While looking at the build.prop I noticed the ro.product.locale.region as GB rather than the expected US.
ro.product.manufacturer=samsung
ro.product.locale.language=en
ro.product.locale.region=GB

Does this mean the device I've got does not have a US ROM and does that present any problems? If so, is the process to rectify it as simple as downloading the right ROM from the manufacturer? Or are they still playing the lock-up and obscure routine? If having the GB rather than US version could give me issues later then it's time to return it right away while I can. The unit was bought on the special from Quickship Electronics on Ebay when the price was at $369.99 level (since gone up +40 or so) and time to return is short.

Any help on these issues and any recommendations for a good ROM to use as well as the best backup and install procedure would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Robert C.
21st July 2014, 07:34 AM   |  #2  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

18 posts
Update...
FWIIW to anyone reading this, I changed the launcher to the Google Now one and it's starting to look more familiar - used to running Nexus devices here.

Kies says I have current firmware/latest at PDA:ND4 / CSC:ND4 (XAR).

I do still wonder if I was sold a British tablet rather than an American one. So far it hasn't made any difference but when L comes out I'm sure Samsung will be months delivering an official ROM so that's when I'd probably be more serious about going Cyanogenmod (official).

Some more poking around via Google leads me to believe XAR does indicate US version.

So, just sit tight until Cyanogenmod official is out? Maybe until the L release?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
codename, cyanogenmod
Previous Thread Next Thread