ToqAN Fixes Android 5.0 Notification Bug on Qualcomm Toq

The Qualcomm Toq is probably one of the lesser known smartwatches on the market … more

How to Root and Unlock the Google Nexus 6 on a Mac – XDA TV

In the past, XDA Developer TV Producer droidmodd3rx has shown you how to … more

Set Up Your MediaTek Device with Comprehensive Beginner’s Guide

As can be seen with the use of MediaTek chips in Android One devices … more

Sony Updates AOSP Sources to Android 5.0.1

Just a few days ago, Sony did an utterly fantastic job by pushing out numerous device trees for … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Q] Google Calendar sync problem

OP gcastilloo

7th July 2014, 10:05 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
5 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2011
I have a problem; after installing Gigawatts Pro 10.1 I am having a problem with google account sync. I install google calendar but it won't sync to the google account. When I go into the specific google account in settings the calendar isn't in the items to be synced. I am new to posting here normally just read but couldn't find this info anywhere on how to fix it so I am posting in this Q&A. Hopefully an admin can move it to the android development portion of the forum or have an answer for me. Much thanks.
8th July 2014, 12:06 PM   |  #2  
Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
31 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2009
I had the same problem and I figured out that the CalendarProvider.apk is missing from priv-app system. I inserted the apk and changed the permission... it worked!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using XDA Free mobile app
8th July 2014, 05:17 PM   |  #3  
.:GraveD:.'s Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 52
 
62 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2014
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gcastilloo

I have a problem; after installing Gigawatts Pro 10.1 I am having a problem with google account sync. I install google calendar but it won't sync to the google account. When I go into the specific google account in settings the calendar isn't in the items to be synced. I am new to posting here normally just read but couldn't find this info anywhere on how to fix it so I am posting in this Q&A. Hopefully an admin can move it to the android development portion of the forum or have an answer for me. Much thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GueSs_me

I had the same problem and I figured out that the CalendarProvider.apk is missing from priv-app system. I inserted the apk and changed the permission... it worked!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using XDA Free mobile app

Indeed, I had the same problem with my ROM, adding the correct CalendarProvider.apk fixed the problem
9th July 2014, 01:26 AM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
5 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by .:GraveD:.

Indeed, I had the same problem with my ROM, adding the correct CalendarProvider.apk fixed the problem

Thank you both for the help I am currently trying your ROM as this was more problem free I do like some of the Samsung stuff though so I may attempt to try Gigawatts again. If I do where can I find that calendar provider.apk?
10th July 2014, 06:56 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
5 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2011
OK so I really want to use Gigawatts but I downloaded a calendarprovider.apk and moved it to priv-app this made calendarstorage stop working and just go into a quick popup cycle. I had to clear cache and data on those apps and try again. Still did the same thing. Turned it off to remove it and now I'm ok but still no Calendar in google account for sync. Any ideas or a step-by-step?
10th July 2014, 07:10 PM   |  #6  
.:GraveD:.'s Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 52
 
62 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2014
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gcastilloo

OK so I really want to use Gigawatts but I downloaded a calendarprovider.apk and moved it to priv-app this made calendarstorage stop working and just go into a quick popup cycle. I had to clear cache and data on those apps and try again. Still did the same thing. Turned it off to remove it and now I'm ok but still no Calendar in google account for sync. Any ideas or a step-by-step?

I just remembered, I also added GoogleCalendarSyncAdapter.apk to app folder.
I've attached the apk I used, copy/move it to the app folder make sure it has the correct permisiosn and reboot.
Or add it to the rom and re-flash.
Attached Files
File Type: apk GoogleCalendarSyncAdapter.apk - [Click for QR Code] (490.3 KB, 11 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to .:GraveD:. For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th July 2014, 11:08 PM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
5 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by .:GraveD:.

I just remembered, I also added GoogleCalendarSyncAdapter.apk to app folder.
I've attached the apk I used, copy/move it to the app folder make sure it has the correct permisiosn and reboot.
Or add it to the rom and re-flash.

Thank you for the help I've added Google calendar ask then the calendarprovider.apk also seccalendarprovidertablet apk also the file you posted and still doesn't show up. I wish there was more people working on these roms would have more options. Thanks for trying though.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes