FORUMS

XDA Picks: Best Apps of the Week (Apr 17 – 24)

Apps are at the front and center of any smartphone experience, and with over a … more

Glimpse Notifications: Easier Lockscreen Notifications

Lollipop brought a revamp to the lockscreen, taking away custom widgets but … more

What Are the Best Looking Apps on Android?

As more developers are updating their apps with Material Design elements, we’re … more

Cyngn Explained: Who’s Cyanogen, What’s Cyanogen OS?

While Cyanogen, Inc has been the source of many headlines lately, there … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[Q] Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 3G/LTE

19th March 2014, 05:45 PM |#1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Heard today Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 3G/LTE would be available in store. Can some confirm if its true? and price details.
 
 
20th March 2014, 03:54 AM |#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 107
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by udsi08

Heard today Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 3G/LTE would be available in store. Can some confirm if its true? and price details.

i work for Samsung in Best Buy and i haven't heard anything about it at this point
21st March 2014, 04:57 PM |#3  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by udsi08

Heard today Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 3G/LTE would be available in store. Can some confirm if its true? and price details.

which country? I really like the T325 version but don't think it will be available in the US... the LTE band is not compatible with ATT or Tmobile anyway...
Last edited by vivilxw; 21st March 2014 at 05:01 PM.
22nd March 2014, 04:35 AM |#4  
Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
More
Model: SM-T325
3G band: 850/900/1900/2100MHz
4G band: 800/850/900/1800/2100/2600MHz
23rd March 2014, 03:08 PM |#5  
yatbond's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 92
 
More
Yea. I bought mine in Hong Kong and am using it now.

Sent from my SM-T325 using xda app-developers app
23rd March 2014, 08:47 PM |#6  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
And full telephon functions??
24th March 2014, 10:23 PM |#7  
gman16000's Avatar
Junior Member
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by yatbond

Yea. I bought mine in Hong Kong and am using it now.

Sent from my SM-T325 using xda app-developers app

Are you using it with a US Carrier and are you getting LTE??

I want to import one and I want it to work with AT&T LTE.
25th March 2014, 06:16 PM |#8  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by udsi08

Heard today Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 3G/LTE would be available in store. Can some confirm if its true? and price details.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gman16000

Are you using it with a US Carrier and are you getting LTE??

I want to import one and I want it to work with AT&T LTE.

I highly doubt it will work with ATT LTE, the radio is missing LTE band 4 or 17.
25th March 2014, 09:17 PM |#9  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 20
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivilxw

I highly doubt it will work with ATT LTE, the radio is missing LTE band 4 or 17.

I am using the SM-T325 on AT&T. I upgraded from the Galaxy Note 8.0 GT-N5100, and I simply swapped out the SIM card. I can confirm the tablet is able to send/receive voice calls, but so far it looks like I've only been able to achieve HSPA+ mobile data rates. The stock ROM allows you to select LTE/WCDMA/GSM network mode by default, but the status bar only shows the "H+" indicator. Using OOKLA speed test, I've been able to achieve around 9Mbps down, which is the same as my iPhone 5 and HTC One with LTE. Maybe it is a coverage issue?

I've rooted the tablet, and my apps are able to access the SD card using SDFix. However, I have not been able to successfully install a custom recovery like TWRP 2.7.0.1. I don't know if the radio can support faster mobile data rates, but so far the download speed has been similar to my Galaxy Note 8.0 GT-N5100, iPhone 5 and HTC One, which is good enough for me. On the other hand, the display quality and battery life are superior to the GT-N5100, so I am very happy with the SM-T325.
The Following User Says Thank You to Zagzagel For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th March 2014, 09:25 PM |#10  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 3,848
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zagzagel

I am using the SM-T325 on AT&T. I upgraded from the Galaxy Note 8.0 GT-N5100, and I simply swapped out the SIM card. I can confirm the tablet is able to send/receive voice calls, but so far it looks like I've only been able to achieve HSPA+ mobile data rates. The stock ROM allows you to select LTE/WCDMA/GSM network mode by default, but the status bar only shows the "H+" indicator. Using OOKLA speed test, I've been able to achieve around 9Mbps down, which is the same as my iPhone 5 and HTC One with LTE. Maybe it is a coverage issue?

I've rooted the tablet, and my apps are able to access the SD card using SDFix. However, I have not been able to successfully install a custom recovery like TWRP 2.7.0.1. I don't know if the radio can support faster mobile data rates, but so far the download speed has been similar to my Galaxy Note 8.0 GT-N5100, iPhone 5 and HTC One, which is good enough for me. On the other hand, the display quality and battery life are superior to the GT-N5100, so I am very happy with the SM-T325.

There will not be a software reason that your speeds are limited. I would expect coverage might be an issue because I expect the HTC One to have higher speeds than that. I don't believe LTE is possible on ATT or T-Mobile though.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes