Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,804,576 Members 43,850 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Google Now not working in last several Cynogenmod 11 nightlys for Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4

Tip us?

stone1269
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default Google Now not working in last several Cynogenmod 11 nightlys for Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4

I have installed the last 4 or 5 Cyanogenmod 11 nightlys on my Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4, and on each of them, voice recognition in Google search is not working properly. If I tap the microphone manually, it will occasionally work, but most of the time the tablet acts as if the mic volume is all the way down, and does not 'hear' anything. Saying 'OK Google' will work every once in a while, but for the most part, it doesn't work either...

Also, I am getting a message on boot saying COM.GOOGLE.PROCESS.GAPPS has stopped if I have a micro SD card inserted into the tablet. If I do not, I usually do not get this message. I am using the recommended gapps. Clearing the cache/dalvik, erasing the SD card, reflashing the tablet, and none of the suggestions I have found online for this error has helped. Using the stock rom, this message goes away, and the mic works perfectly in Google Now.

CrafterSheep
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I have that exact same problem. Sadly I don't know how to fix it.

seavers11
Old
Thanks Meter 83
Same problem here

crpalmer
Old
Thanks Meter 2,298

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by stone1269 View Post
I have installed the last 4 or 5 Cyanogenmod 11 nightlys on my Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4, and on each of them, voice recognition in Google search is not working properly. If I tap the microphone manually, it will occasionally work, but most of the time the tablet acts as if the mic volume is all the way down, and does not 'hear' anything. Saying 'OK Google' will work every once in a while, but for the most part, it doesn't work either...

Also, I am getting a message on boot saying COM.GOOGLE.PROCESS.GAPPS has stopped if I have a micro SD card inserted into the tablet. If I do not, I usually do not get this message. I am using the recommended gapps. Clearing the cache/dalvik, erasing the SD card, reflashing the tablet, and none of the suggestions I have found online for this error has helped. Using the stock rom, this message goes away, and the mic works perfectly in Google Now.
You really need to post in the official nightlies thread so I can more easily see problems instead of having problems reports stuck off in Q&A. I had to scramble this morning to try and fix it because it also affects the M8 release which, last I heard, was going to be built today.

If you don't have enough posts, going find a off topic thread on xda and post to it...

Try the next nightly and see if that fixes it for you.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to crpalmer For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]