Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,734,168 Members 51,670 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] how install spen - sm-t900

Tip us?

pmello999
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] how install spen - sm-t900

Hi

I have a SM-T900 and is already with root

how can I enable to use spen?

which need to install programs?

Tks

djh816
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 173

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmello999 View Post
Hi

Tks
Please do not post questions to the General section. Please use the Q&A section: http://forum.xda-developers.com/gala...o-12-10-8/help
Please press thanks if I helped you!

Androids:
HTC One M8 (VZW) - CM11 Nightlies
Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 - CM11 Nightlies

glaudrem
Old
Thanks Meter 21
Quote:
Hi

Tks
You can not use Spen. You need a Note tab for using Spen.

pmello999
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
are you sure? sm-p900 is possible

dodo99x
Old
Thanks Meter 52
Sm-p900 is part of the Note series, sm-t900 is not.

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

BarryH_GEG
Old
Thanks Meter 4118
Quote:
are you sure? sm-p900 is possible
It's not the pen that makes a Note a "Note," it's the display itself. From Wiki...
Wacom tablets use a patented electromagnetic resonance technology. Since the tablet provides power to the pen through resonant inductive coupling, no battery or cord is required for the pointing device. As a result, there are no batteries inside the pen (or the accompanying puck), which makes them slimmer.

Under the tablet's surface is a printed circuit board with a grid of multiple send/receive coils and a magnetic reflector attached behind the grid array. In send mode, the tablet generates a close-coupled electromagnetic field (also known as a B-field) at a frequency of 531 kHz. This close-coupled field stimulates oscillation in the pen's coil/capacitor (LC) circuit when brought into range of the B-field. Any excess resonant electromagnetic energy is reflected back to the tablet. In receive mode, the energy of the resonant circuit’s oscillations in the pen is detected by the tablet's grid. This information is analyzed by the computer to determine the pen's position, by interpolation and Fourier analysis of the signal intensity. In addition, the pen communicates information such as pen tip pressure, side-switch status, tip vs. eraser orientation, and the ID number of the tool (to differentiate between different pens, mice, etc.). For example, applying more or less pressure to the tip of the pen changes the value of the pen's timing circuit capacitor. This signal change can be communicated in an analog or digital method. An analog implementation would modulate the phase angle of the resonant frequency, and a digital method is communicated to a modulator which distributes the information digitally to the tablet. The tablet forwards this and other relevant tool information in packets, up to 200 times per second, to the computer.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wacom
The Following User Says Thank You to BarryH_GEG For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]