Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,198 Members 40,020 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Weird crash. Android system ui has failed. Tab pro 8.4

Tip us?

junior_mafioso
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default Weird crash. Android system ui has failed. Tab pro 8.4

Every once in a while (after I have updated the tab pro 8.4 to the latest software using kies) I get this extremely weird/annoying/terrifying crash that says unfortunately android.systemui... Has failed. Which then leaves to tablet to not work at all until you reboot. I apologize for not knowing exactly what the error is called because it happens pretty fast and then the screen just goes black. I was wondering if anyone else has got this error and either knows what's doing it or how to make it stop.. Or both. It would appear that the whole system ui just crashed but its odd because it happens completely randomly. Not when I'm doing a lot of processes, just completry out of the blue.. Its not even a month old and its just scary to think something like this is wrong on such a premium device.

Sent from my SM-N900V using xda app-developers app

junior_mafioso
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
I'm going to do a factory reset for the time being and maybe that will solve the issues.

dancress
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by junior_mafioso View Post
I'm going to do a factory reset for the time being and maybe that will solve the issues.

I'm getting this too. Very annoying.

dancress
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Here's a long shot: I get that annoying error when I have Google Music running and streaming to my XBMC box via Cast to UPnP/DLNA. Could be a coincidence but I have yet to see that crash when these apps are not running.
The Following User Says Thank You to dancress For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

junior_mafioso
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Now that you mention it i did notice it happen twice while streaming Google play music through my chromecast. I thought it was a coincidence but maybe thats the culprit after all.

junior_mafioso
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by dancress View Post
Here's a long shot: I get that annoying error when I have Google Music running and streaming to my XBMC box via Cast to UPnP/DLNA. Could be a coincidence but I have yet to see that crash when these apps are not running.
I have noticed the same thing when I use Google play music over Chromecast. A factory reset didn't solve the issue for good.. Idk if you have any different solutions?

Sent from my SM-T320 using xda app-developers app

laestrella
Old
Thanks Meter 18
This is definitely an issue. I can't cast music using my chromecast or sonos from Google Play music on my tab pro. I get the same system ui crash. Samsung needs to fix this.

dodo99x
Old
Thanks Meter 52
I get the same crash on the Note Pro 12.2 on Crackle playing to Chromecast. It happens only when you pull down the notification bar.

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

lightn899
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I get this same crash while using chromecast and when I pull down the notification bar.
Samsung support told me it was a chromecast bug and didn't seem interested in logging the crash. I submitted a report to chromecast.

Google has spoiled me. It is so much easier to submit feedback to them. Samsung feedback was quite a challenge.

crpalmer
Old
Thanks Meter 1945

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by lightn899 View Post
I get this same crash while using chromecast and when I pull down the notification bar.
Samsung support told me it was a chromecast bug and didn't seem interested in logging the crash. I submitted a report to chromecast.

Google has spoiled me. It is so much easier to submit feedback to them. Samsung feedback was quite a challenge.

I think Samsung support is wrong. I haven't seen a crash using Chromecast on CM11 which makes it sound like a Samsung software issue.