stability update

OP ariel123

14th May 2014, 12:19 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag New Jersey
Thanks Meter: 11

565 posts
More
Has anyome else recieved a stability update on the 8.4?
14th May 2014, 12:23 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 88

363 posts
More
yes for the US SM-T320 8.4 but I'm getting random reboots. it was fine on the earlier version, never had any random reboots. I tried to factory reset after the update but still the same. it seems to do a soft random reboot when you are doing something on the tablet and you leave it idle for a few seconds. It never rebooted while I'm actively using it even if the load is high..
14th May 2014, 12:24 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag New Jersey
Thanks Meter: 11

565 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zorbakun

yes for the US SM-T320 8.4 but I'm getting random reboots. it was fine on the earlier version, never had any random reboots. I tried to factory reset after the update but still the same. it seems to do a soft random reboot when you are doing something on the tablet and you leave it idle for a few seconds. It never rebooted while I'm actively using it even if the load is high..

And now the keyboard is stuck in split screen mode I no longer get a full screen keyboard
14th May 2014, 01:24 AM   |  #4  
Flag DFW Texas
Thanks Meter: 20

92 posts
More
I just updated my 12". No issues so far.

Sent from my SM-T900 using Tapatalk
14th May 2014, 02:23 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 19

341 posts
Mine says device modified, I am rooted - any workaround?
14th May 2014, 02:50 AM   |  #6  
Recognized Developer
Flag Pasadena, CA
Thanks Meter: 9,870

4,297 posts
Donate to Me
More
I'm currently uploading the new ND3 DeOdex ROM base now. (Tab Pro 8.4 Wi-Fi)

I will also upload the bootloader firmware (Odin flashable) too.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to freeza For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th May 2014, 05:58 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 88

363 posts
More
I managed to capture a logcat but I can't seem to identify the cause of reboots, can anyone assist with that pls...
Attached Files
File Type: txt 2014-05-14-18-41-24.txt - [Click for QR Code] (228.0 KB, 17 views)
15th May 2014, 08:33 AM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 239

1,521 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zorbakun

I managed to capture a logcat but I can't seem to identify the cause of reboots, can anyone assist with that pls...

I had the exact same rebooting issue. Drove me crazy so i flashed cm11 and I'm loving it. No reboots and faster than stock.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
16th May 2014, 12:02 AM   |  #9  
Flag Wincanton
Thanks Meter: 3

34 posts
More
TabPro 8.4 random restarts
Hello guys

So, it appears i am not alone then.
The school i work in as an IT tech, has purchased us 2 TabPro 8.4 tablets and the one i have has given me hell so far with these random reboots.
It has the latest update and is also rooted. It has nothing to do with the root i believe as it did it before and also after applying the latest OTA update. I have now factory reset it and noticed a slight difference in the home screen where i now have 2 pages (1 home screen of course) wheres, as far as i remember, when i first turned it on it only had 1. I may be wrong though.

I didn't sign in to any accounts yet (google, samsung dropbox etc.) and left it with Google chrome and Samsung own browser open. I suppose only time will tell now. It's really bloody frustrating though because i spent hours loading all my apps again and restoring app data via Helium etc.

Another thing i noticed is that even i after wiping the tablet via recovery (Wipe device/factory reset option) it actually kept root.
18th May 2014, 12:33 AM   |  #10  
Flag Wincanton
Thanks Meter: 3

34 posts
More
New device, issues gone
Got my replacement unit from John Lewis today (i must say their service is the best i have seen) and spent hours on the device rooting it and installing all the apps i had on my other unit.

I have not encountered one single reboot so far , whereas my previous unit restarted on me pretty much 30 minutes after i first turned it on.

My advice to you is if you are having stability issues and random restarts with your TabPro 8.4, send it back for a replacement.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread