FORUMS

I/O Summary: How Android M Handles Power And Charging

In the spirit of improving the core Android experience, Google is changing Android … more

I/O Summary: Google Photos App

At I/O 2015, Google tackled the information problem in mobile once more, this time through … more

I/O Summary: Development, Play Store, The Next Billion

VP of Engineering Jen Fitzpatrick began talking about what Google is doing to … more

I/O Summary: Google Now on Tap

Google is all about organizing the world’s information to make it universally useful, and these … more

[Q] [Pro 8.4] S Health or similar app for Gear Fit

Thanks Meter: 1

By al404, Member on 1st August 2014, 04:43 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
I just got this tablet and ordered a Gear Fit, but i discovered that S Health is not available for samsung tablet, i can't really understand why

Any way to get it without root? As far as i know root enable knox counter, even i did not see a knox app on tablet

10th September 2014, 05:51 AM |#2  
Flag Arandjelovac/Beograd
Thanks Meter: 28

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by al404

I just got this tablet and ordered a Gear Fit, but i discovered that S Health is not available for samsung tablet, i can't really understand why

Any way to get it without root? As far as i know root enable knox counter, even i did not see a knox app on tablet

I am interested in this too...but, have you tried this ?
I will have time to root the tab and play with it for weekend, but tried similar thing with Nexus4, to connect it with gear fit, and It worked...
10th September 2014, 08:17 AM |#3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by djurkash

I am interested in this too...but, have you tried this ?
I will have time to root the tab and play with it for weekend, but tried similar thing with Nexus4, to connect it with gear fit, and It worked...

i don't have root, no plan to do it for now
10th September 2014, 08:57 AM |#4  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by al404

i don't have root, no plan to do it for now

I'll be able to play with it for weekend, anyway I bought it without warranty
13th September 2014, 01:26 PM |#5  

More
So, I installed S health, without root, it still wasn't able to download my fitness data...
27th April 2015, 07:49 AM |#6  
Flag Calgary
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by djurkash

So, I installed S health, without root, it still wasn't able to download my fitness data...

I tried installing S Health on a Galaxy Tab 4 to sync with a Gear Fit. I couldn't even complete the install. How did you install S Health without root?

I did find an app called Endomondo that allows gear fit to connect, but does not appear to pull the Gear Fit data into the Endomondo app.
Last edited by chinook65; 27th April 2015 at 07:53 AM.
8th May 2015, 11:08 PM |#7  

More
Sorry chinook 65, looks like they've just abandoned gear fit with SW support, which is pity, as it could be a great device...I've bought Sony SW3 in the meantime, and sold my gear fit...
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread