No registration required

USB port broken

OP MisterBuggie

17th August 2014, 06:43 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 3

53 posts
Hi,
Just wondering if anybody else has had any issues with the USB port. The centre of the USB port on my Tab Pro 10.1 has a flat bit that sticks out (like on all USB ports), only the plastic side and the metal side have come apart. When I first got my tablet it was sometimes difficult to plug the cable in, then the other day it wouldn't go in at all. I had to slip a nail file behind the metal bit that was touching the side, and push it back into the middle. I have to plug the cable in at a slight angle so it will go around that, and sometimes have to bend it back.
Obviously it can't stay this way, so I'm going to have to call Amazon and pray I don't get stuck without a tablet for weeks...

(it looks battered but that's just because of the close up, it looks perfectly new when you actually look at it)
17th August 2014, 08:47 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 19

193 posts
Not sure what Amazon will do for you, prob better off calling samsung.

Does it still charge and transfer data? Make sure if ask by either that you send them better pic's
17th August 2014, 10:05 PM   |  #3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 3

53 posts
It still charges and transfers data, but only if I push the metal bit back into place regularly so I can plug the cable in. That is not a long term solution as that will eventually completely break the USB port.

Amazon are usually very good with defective devices, at least here in France, and will often just replace the device. Not sure about the tablet though, so I'll find out soon...
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread