FORUMS

[Q] SM-T700 Native Sim card support

5 posts
Thanks Meter: 1

By Sonikfyre, Junior Member on 12th June 2015, 08:25 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
A couple of months ago I bought a Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 Wifi - Model number SM-T700 and recently the book style case I bought with the Tablet started popping off of it's own accord. To remedy this issue I popped the back off of my Tablet and noticed that the battery was warped enough outwards to be pushing the case out. As is expected the moment I noticed the warping I removed the battery and am looking at getting a replacement.

Back story over, with the casing off my tablet I also noticed a extra tray with no external access next to the SD card tray (as is shown in the picture below (Sorry for my crappy paint edited picture, was trying to get everything posted fast)) and the engraving on said extra tray reads, "MD-SIM-SUPPORT MT SM-T700" while the engraving on the SD tray reads, "SMD-SD-SUPPORT SM-T700." Now in New Zealand rather than buying the SM-T700 you can buy the SM-T705 which has external access to the SIM tray.

My question is: What is the hardware difference, if any, in the SM-T705 vs the SM-T700 that allows it to use the SIM tray? other than the fact that the T700 has no external access to the SIM tray and if there is no difference, Is it possible to load a SIM into the T700 and have it function correctly? I am willing to flash a different version of android if the difference is in the ROM.

Thank you
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20150612_190439.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	170.3 KB
ID:	3359184  
The Following User Says Thank You to Sonikfyre For This Useful Post: [ View ]

14th June 2015, 07:08 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Angry My friend I was wondering the exact same thing as well...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonikfyre

A couple of months ago I bought a Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 Wifi - Model number SM-T700 and recently the book style case I bought with the Tablet started popping off of it's own accord. To remedy this issue I popped the back off of my Tablet and noticed that the battery was warped enough outwards to be pushing the case out. As is expected the moment I noticed the warping I removed the battery and am looking at getting a replacement.

Back story over, with the casing off my tablet I also noticed a extra tray with no external access next to the SD card tray (as is shown in the picture below (Sorry for my crappy paint edited picture, was trying to get everything posted fast)) and the engraving on said extra tray reads, "MD-SIM-SUPPORT MT SM-T700" while the engraving on the SD tray reads, "SMD-SD-SUPPORT SM-T700." Now in New Zealand rather than buying the SM-T700 you can buy the SM-T705 which has external access to the SIM tray.

My question is: What is the hardware difference, if any, in the SM-T705 vs the SM-T700 that allows it to use the SIM tray? other than the fact that the T700 has no external access to the SIM tray and if there is no difference, Is it possible to load a SIM into the T700 and have it function correctly? I am willing to flash a different version of android if the difference is in the ROM.

Thank you

So we're going to find out.

I'm going to order a sim tray for the T705 (and perhaps any other components that I may find a place for.) This isn't the first time I've seen places for components on a Galaxy Tablet board. The frame has a place engraved for a wire to run through at the top and near the middle left there is a Flex Ribbon Connector for something to come around the board and plug into it.

I'll keep you posted
15th June 2015, 07:35 AM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Excellent :D
Quote:
Originally Posted by trinathaniel

So we're going to find out.

I'm going to order a sim tray for the T705 (and perhaps any other components that I may find a place for.) This isn't the first time I've seen places for components on a Galaxy Tablet board. The frame has a place engraved for a wire to run through at the top and near the middle left there is a Flex Ribbon Connector for something to come around the board and plug into it.

I'll keep you posted

Thank you, I'd be very interested in what you can turn up
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread