Set Up Your MediaTek Device with Comprehensive Beginner’s Guide

As can be seen with the use of MediaTek chips in Android One devices … more

Sony Updates AOSP Sources to Android 5.0.1

Just a few days ago, Sony did an utterly fantastic job by pushing out numerous device trees for … more

Stop Your Screen From Turning Off with KeepItOn

We all know the feeling of reading a news article orrather longdocument, when our screen … more

The XDA LG QPair Developer Challenge Voting Has Begun!

It seems like it was just yesterday that weannounced that we had paired up with LGto … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Q] Very strange battery behavior.

OP parseval43

7th July 2014, 11:57 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Munich
Thanks Meter: 0
 
1 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2014
More
Hi all... first post, first problem with android... and hopefully a long time here in xda!

So I have the T320 (8.4 pro) and I have a strange problem with my battery. Is not only that it lasts no more than 4 hours (screen), the problem come by low and high battery %.

FOTO

By low, the table shuts down and after starting it again, it shows between 5 and 10% battery!!
Something similar happens by charging... it shows 90% and no change... and after a reboot it shows 100%.

Is my battery dying? Should I wipe and restart from zero? Cyanogen?

The speed how fast battery drains is also extreme compared to stand-by times... but I assume this is more or less a problem of this tablet.

Many thanks in advance!
Last edited by parseval43; 8th July 2014 at 12:03 AM.
12th July 2014, 06:08 AM   |  #2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 148
 
657 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by parseval43

Hi all... first post, first problem with android... and hopefully a long time here in xda!

So I have the T320 (8.4 pro) and I have a strange problem with my battery. Is not only that it lasts no more than 4 hours (screen), the problem come by low and high battery %.

FOTO

By low, the table shuts down and after starting it again, it shows between 5 and 10% battery!!
Something similar happens by charging... it shows 90% and no change... and after a reboot it shows 100%.

Is my battery dying? Should I wipe and restart from zero? Cyanogen?

The speed how fast battery drains is also extreme compared to stand-by times... but I assume this is more or less a problem of this tablet.

Many thanks in advance!

Having similar issues. Found mine dead out of nowhere one day. Never had custom ROM on it. Did factory reset now it seems like it doesn't want to charge .... Charges VERY slowly if at all.

Sent from my SM-G900T using XDA Free mobile app
16th July 2014, 02:01 PM   |  #3  
cletusarrarr's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 46
 
780 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2009
More
i have the same issue, dropped from 50 to 15 all of a sudden , will try calibration , anyone else noticed this ?i picked up mine used so unsure whats the issue
16th July 2014, 03:38 PM   |  #4  
fletch33's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 304
 
1,032 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2010
i found better battery life after i did a factory reset. i bought it new and set it up and since then had 1 Sammy update but last week i reset it and it clearly made a difference on my 10.1. yesterday i had 2 hours screen time and on battery for 2 day and some hours and had 60% left.
17th July 2014, 10:07 AM   |  #5  
dottat's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag york, pa
Thanks Meter: 1,418
 
3,200 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
Donate to Me
More
Add mine to the list....seems to be doing the same thing here. Haven't been able to sort it out yet.
17th July 2014, 12:20 PM   |  #6  
dottat's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag york, pa
Thanks Meter: 1,418
 
3,200 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
Donate to Me
More
Took the back off mine tonight and reseated the battery connector. Then charged like below. First to time in a while it charged up like this.


The Following User Says Thank You to dottat For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th July 2014, 01:10 PM   |  #7  
cletusarrarr's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 46
 
780 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2009
More
can you post a pic of videos of how to pry it open ? hopefully simple with a prying tool
17th July 2014, 04:13 PM   |  #8  
dottat's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag york, pa
Thanks Meter: 1,418
 
3,200 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cletusarrarr

can you post a pic of videos of how to pry it open ? hopefully simple with a prying tool

I just very carefully went around it with one of those guitar like plastic openers i have laying around from the many tablet/phone repair kits i have used. I probably rebooted it 5 times before i finally popped it apart... thing just did not want to charge. This was the first time i saw it ramp up 1% at a time in a while. The other thing i noticed it was doing was jumping from ~70% to 100% instantly.... The graph showed it too. I didn't believe that was really happening.
17th July 2014, 05:11 PM   |  #9  
cletusarrarr's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 46
 
780 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2009
More
some pics would help , is it between the screen and the metallic part or the back and the metallic part ?
18th July 2014, 12:15 AM   |  #10  
dottat's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag york, pa
Thanks Meter: 1,418
 
3,200 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cletusarrarr

some pics would help , is it between the screen and the metallic part or the back and the metallic part ?

No. The faux leather cover comes off.

This... http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2710711

pro 8.4 Teardown

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes