How to Root and Unlock the Google Nexus 6 on a Mac – XDA TV

In the past, XDA Developer TV Producer droidmodd3rx has shown you how to … more

Set Up Your MediaTek Device with Comprehensive Beginner’s Guide

As can be seen with the use of MediaTek chips in Android One devices … more

Sony Updates AOSP Sources to Android 5.0.1

Just a few days ago, Sony did an utterly fantastic job by pushing out numerous device trees for … more

Stop Your Screen From Turning Off with KeepItOn

We all know the feeling of reading a news article orrather longdocument, when our screen … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

stuck on boot screen with no recovery mode [SM-t320]

OP bmesta

19th August 2014, 07:39 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

12 posts
Hello Guys!! I'm hoping someone can give me a hand. I got a Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 (SM-T320) that is soft brick. If i'm not mistaken the device was been updated via OTA and crashed. Every time i try to turn on the device I get the following message "firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select recovery mode in Kies & try again". For some reason I'm not able to boot the device into recovery mode. It seems the partition got damaged. Please note that I'm using the following commands to boot into recovery mode (volume up+home+power). I have tried connecting my tablet to Samsung Kies v2.6.3.14074_11 and use the option "Firmware Upgrade & Initialisation" but at the end of the procedure I get the following message "This version of the device cannot be updated". I have attempted to flash the device using Odin v3.07. The stock ROM I used was T320UEU1ANG1_T320XAC1ANG1_HOME.tar.md5. The Odin PASSED and reset device but the phone did not boot back up. It just gets stuck on the boot screen. I have also tried to flash the device with custom recovery cwmr-20140605.tar. but I didn't have any luck. If anyone has any ideas or solutions, please let me know. I'll greatly appreciated.
19th August 2014, 03:59 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 5

18 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmesta

Hello Guys!! I'm hoping someone can give me a hand. I got a Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 (SM-T320) that is soft brick. If i'm not mistaken the device was been updated via OTA and crashed. Every time i try to turn on the device I get the following message "firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select recovery mode in Kies & try again". For some reason I'm not able to boot the device into recovery mode. It seems the partition got damaged. Please note that I'm using the following commands to boot into recovery mode (volume up+home+power). I have tried connecting my tablet to Samsung Kies v2.6.3.14074_11 and use the option "Firmware Upgrade & Initialisation" but at the end of the procedure I get the following message "This version of the device cannot be updated". I have attempted to flash the device using Odin v3.07. The stock ROM I used was T320UEU1ANG1_T320XAC1ANG1_HOME.tar.md5. The Odin PASSED and reset device but the phone did not boot back up. It just gets stuck on the boot screen. I have also tried to flash the device with custom recovery cwmr-20140605.tar. but I didn't have any luck. If anyone has any ideas or solutions, please let me know. I'll greatly appreciated.

Very strange.

Did you tried another firmware version using odin?
The Following User Says Thank You to edlabh For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th August 2014, 09:39 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

12 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by edlabh

Very strange.

Did you tried another firmware version using odin?

I just attempted to use odin v3.09 but I'm still having the same problem. It keeps getting stuck on the samsung galaxy tab pro sm-t320 screen without recovery mode. I have attempted to flash cmw again but the problem persists. I also noticed the battery won't charge anymore. I'm not sure if this was due to a failed flash. Anyone has any other ideas?
Last edited by bmesta; 19th August 2014 at 09:51 PM. Reason: new information
19th August 2014, 11:06 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 2,998

1,922 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:

I just attempted to use odin v3.09 but I'm still having the same problem. It keeps getting stuck on the samsung galaxy tab pro sm-t320 screen without recovery mode. I have attempted to flash cmw again but the problem persists. I also noticed the battery won't charge anymore. I'm not sure if this was due to a failed flash. Anyone has any other ideas?

Get the cwmr tar file (unzip the zip). Flash it in Odin. When it starts to flash it, hold the volume up key until it shows the galaxy tab pro splash screen and says something like "warranty bit set: recovery".

That should get you back to recovery. If that doesn't work, post a screen shot of Odin after the flash.

If your kernel is broken, which it sounds like it is, it's normal that it won't charge because it needs to boot the kernel to charge even when you "power off".
20th August 2014, 07:28 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

12 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by crpalmer

Get the cwmr tar file (unzip the zip). Flash it in Odin. When it starts to flash it, hold the volume up key until it shows the galaxy tab pro splash screen and says something like "warranty bit set: recovery".

That should get you back to recovery. If that doesn't work, post a screen shot of Odin after the flash.

If your kernel is broken, which it sounds like it is, it's normal that it won't charge because it needs to boot the kernel to charge even when you "power off".

I managed to get my tablet to charge by tearing down the device and reconnecting the battery. After doing this, i plugged it directly to the wall. I got this idea from a youtube video. Im going to leave the battery charging all night. Hopefully tom its a good day and i have a working device
20th August 2014, 02:08 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 5

18 posts
Quote:

I managed to get my tablet to charge by tearing down the device and reconnecting the battery. After doing this, i plugged it directly to the wall. I got this idea from a youtube video. Im going to leave the battery charging all night. Hopefully tom its a good day and i have a working device

Wow!
just now I realize this problem with non-removable battery. This really sucks!

How did you charge the battery? Maybe a lipo charger?
20th August 2014, 02:21 PM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member

12 posts
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by edlabh

Wow!
just now I realize this problem with non-removable battery. This really sucks!

How did you charge the battery? Maybe a lipo charger?

Im really happy to say that now i got a working tablet. I guess removing the battery did the trick.

'edlabh' thanks for all your help. I was able to charge the battery by plugging it directly to the wall. Please note that i had to take the entire tablet apart and disconnect the batteryfor 15 min before reconnecting it. Thank god im good with teardowns and i dont give up that easy

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread