More Android 5.0 Details Revealed, Microsoft Band Fitness Tracker – XDA TV

Google talks more about Android 5.0 Lollipop! That and much … more

Google Allows Search Queries To Interact With Apps

Android 5.0 Lollipop brings lots of new features that are quite useful for end users and … more

Lenovo Officially Owns Motorola, Following ~$3 Billion Deal

Google is now officially no longer the owner of American phone manufacturer … more

Microsoft Band Fitness Tracker Announced, Available

The wearable market has been around for a few years, with Pebble and Samsung smartwatches … more

Tab Pro 8.4 connects to wifi on 2.4 and not 5, any way to get it to use 5?

OP Raistlin1

17th August 2014, 04:17 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 89

905 posts
More
I have a Netgear Knighthawk router and the main network is one name that utilizes both 2.4 and 5 and as long as the connecting device supports it, it should connect on that band.

My Nexus 5 and wife's S4 which are right next to my Tab are connected on the 5 band.

Any ideas on how I can force the Tab Pro to connect mm on 5?

Thanks
17th August 2014, 04:26 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 18

191 posts
I can't remember in detail but I had mine connected to 5ghz but switched to 2.4 a while back.

If your tab can't see the network or is having a prob connecting to it, then enable broadcast if its disabled

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk
17th August 2014, 11:39 AM   |  #3  
Flag Ottawa
Thanks Meter: 69

317 posts
More
Try changing the 5GHz channel your router is using.

Sent from my M80TA using Tapatalk
17th August 2014, 01:21 PM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member

905 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cloud71

I can't remember in detail but I had mine connected to 5ghz but switched to 2.4 a while back.

If your tab can't see the network or is having a prob connecting to it, then enable broadcast if its disabled

My network only has one name but it is both 2.4 & 5 so when I connect its only one option.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodo99x

Try changing the 5GHz channel your router is using.

Sent from my M80TA using Tapatalk

I will try this, I have been messing with the channels for the 2.4 but forgot to do that with 5.

Thanks
17th August 2014, 01:46 PM   |  #5  

191 posts
If your using both 2.4 and 5 at same time, that might be your problem. Change the name of one of them. Xxxx5. Or something

17th August 2014, 07:41 PM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member

905 posts
More
Quote:

If your using both 2.4 and 5 at same time, that might be your problem. Change the name of one of them. Xxxx5. Or something

I would really like to keep it as one network, I have had it like this since I set it up and have had zero issues. All AC devices connect to 5 and N to 2.4, this is the first time it may be an issue but my wife's S4 connects to 5 with no issues currently.
18th August 2014, 09:53 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 30

399 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raistlin1

I have a Netgear Knighthawk router and the main network is one name that utilizes both 2.4 and 5 and as long as the connecting device supports it, it should connect on that band.

My Nexus 5 and wife's S4 which are right next to my Tab are connected on the 5 band.

Any ideas on how I can force the Tab Pro to connect mm on 5?

Thanks

It seems your tab pro might be defective and not able to connect to 802.11ac, it can only connect to 802.11n which on your routher is running on 2.4GHz.
19th August 2014, 11:21 PM   |  #8  

191 posts
I had an issue with wifi one, for some reason it wasn't connecting right after some investigations. I enabled ssid broadcast and it worked again. I'm figuri g it was the rom being glitchy.

So try enabling broadcast if its disabled and see it that works

20th August 2014, 01:12 AM   |  #9  
OP Senior Member

905 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by silvscorp

It seems your tab pro might be defective and not able to connect to 802.11ac, it can only connect to 802.11n which on your routher is running on 2.4GHz.

Tested out my Tab by connecting to my guest 5ghz network and tab connected fine. My router let's you combine the main network 2.4 and 5 into one name but guest network must be two separate names for the 2.4 and 5.

Quote:

I had an issue with wifi one, for some reason it wasn't connecting right after some investigations. I enabled ssid broadcast and it worked again. I'm figuri g it was the rom being glitchy.

So try enabling broadcast if its disabled and see it that works

ssid broadcast was already enabled
20th August 2014, 03:38 AM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 30

399 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raistlin1

Tested out my Tab by connecting to my guest 5ghz network and tab connected fine. My router let's you combine the main network 2.4 and 5 into one name but guest network must be two separate names for the 2.4 and 5.

Are you sure that your guest network 5Ghz is running with 802.11ac and not A/N mode?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread