OP Gasuinas

28th July 2014, 04:01 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Pinhal Novo
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
More
Hi!

Need help please, anyone here are experiencing black screens on Tab Pro 8.4 when is playing movies? Sometimes my Tab Pro goes black (screen is not off but all black and I listen the sound) when I see movies on samsung video App or on Facebook App. Could it be codecs problem or an hardware problem?

Thanks in advance!

TP
2nd August 2014, 03:30 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 12

49 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gasuinas

Hi!

Need help please, anyone here are experiencing black screens on Tab Pro 8.4 when is playing movies? Sometimes my Tab Pro goes black (screen is not off but all black and I listen the sound) when I see movies on samsung video App or on Facebook App. Could it be codecs problem or an hardware problem?

Thanks in advance!

TP

i would check if "Power saving mode" is disabled and all the "Smart Screen" Samsung crap as well.
probably won't help but you never know
of course MX Player is always there for you to download and compare results, quality and ease of use
3rd August 2014, 04:18 AM   |  #3  
Flag CHUCKTOWN,SC
Thanks Meter: 157

824 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gasuinas

Hi!

Thanks in advance!

TP

Mine does it too. I returned my 1st tab because it was so bad while watching movies, and if i used multi-window with a video playing in one window. The 2nd tab i got still does it, but not as often. It could be because I've updated firmware on this new tab to the newest available. It hasn't happened in a while (about 2-3 weeks), so hopefully it's fixed. Only way to get the screen back is to hit the power button off and back on. Try updating to the latest firmware and see if that helps. NG1 is the most resent.
Last edited by gmanhad; 3rd August 2014 at 04:20 AM.
3rd August 2014, 06:17 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 0

8 posts
I had the same issue with black screen with sound as well while using MX player. I switched to BSplayer free which works perfectly.

---------- Post added at 06:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:10 PM ----------

It was a 1280 x 720 mp4 that was not rendering a picture if that helps. I have nothing to do with BSPlayer but it was capable of playing the video.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread