FORUMS

[Q] Tab Pro 8.4 won't turn on

1,862 posts
Thanks Meter: 378
 
By zkyevolved, Senior Member on 29th December 2015, 11:35 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Hello everyone! My Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 won't turn on anymore. I tried charging it, that wasn't the issue. I left it on the charger and nothing changed. I plugged it into my PC and it didn't make any noises and it doesn't even recognize it as an unrecognizable device. Is there any button combo to see if it's 100% fried or not?

A couple of weeks ago I rooted it and updated it to another ROM, but it had been working PERFECTLY since then! WEEKS!

Any suggestions?
 
 
29th December 2015, 04:33 PM |#2  
Senior Member
Flag NW Ark
Thanks Meter: 42
 
More
power button
Press and hold the power button for 30 - 40 seconds and see if it powers up. I had this problem yesterday.
30th December 2015, 11:45 AM |#3  
zkyevolved's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Madrid, Spain
Thanks Meter: 378
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwcasey

Press and hold the power button for 30 - 40 seconds and see if it powers up. I had this problem yesterday.

This did not work
30th December 2015, 12:55 PM |#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 82
 
More
Hold the power button down for 2 minutes and don't let go, also hold vol up while doing it to see if you can get into recovery.
keep it plugged into the charger while you do this.
The Following User Says Thank You to otyg For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th December 2015, 06:09 PM |#5  
zkyevolved's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Madrid, Spain
Thanks Meter: 378
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by otyg

Hold the power button down for 2 minutes and don't let go, also hold vol up while doing it to see if you can get into recovery.
keep it plugged into the charger while you do this.

OK, this worked. How can I unroot and restore the OEM bootloader and everything?

Before flashing I made a TWRP Backup, as well as a Flashify-backup.

I have these two folders on my desktop.
30th December 2015, 09:39 PM |#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 82
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zkyevolved

OK, this worked. How can I unroot and restore the OEM bootloader and everything?

Before flashing I made a TWRP Backup, as well as a Flashify-backup.

I have these two folders on my desktop.

to restore everything you will need to boot into download mode , if you are in download mode now you can use kies or odin to flash the stock firmware and this will correct everything.

to boot to download mode its either (Power + vol down) , or (power + vol up) , try both until you see it say download mode., or if you are currently in twrp you can select reboot->download mode

you can get th stock firmware here
http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/database/SM-T320/

(Cellular south) XAR is USA wifi model.
Last edited by otyg; 30th December 2015 at 09:43 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to otyg For This Useful Post: [ View ]
31st December 2015, 08:29 AM |#7  
zkyevolved's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Madrid, Spain
Thanks Meter: 378
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by otyg

to restore everything you will need to boot into download mode , if you are in download mode now you can use kies or odin to flash the stock firmware and this will correct everything.

to boot to download mode its either (Power + vol down) , or (power + vol up) , try both until you see it say download mode., or if you are currently in twrp you can select reboot->download mode

you can get th stock firmware here
http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/database/SM-T320/

(Cellular south) XAR is USA wifi model.

And this will remove root, TWRP and any custom roms?
31st December 2015, 08:44 AM |#8  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 82
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zkyevolved

And this will remove root, TWRP and any custom roms?

yeah it will be like when you first bought it.

btw when using Odin3 put the firmware under the AP box, don't mess with any options.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	28
Size:	79.8 KB
ID:	3594310  
Last edited by otyg; 31st December 2015 at 08:51 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to otyg For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes