[Q] What to look for in a Tab Pro

OP Chris Hansen

11th July 2014, 06:15 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 77

299 posts
More
Hi guys/gals,
I'm looking at picking up a Tab Pro 8.4 tomorrow, and was hoping to get some current/past owner insight. I'm no newcomer to the Android game, and, like every other device I own or have previously owned, I will be rooting this pretty much as soon as I get it.
I've taken a gander at the forums here, but, as I'm sure some of you know, it's harder to recognize shortcomings when you aren't immersed in the product. (ie. if you're looking for a G2, I would warn of overheating possibilities and black line burn-in on screens). I've done a decent amount of numbers research and review scouring, and believe I'm making a good choice here. I'm hoping you can either reinforce that decision or steer me in the right direction.

The bottom line/TL;DR:
I've got an offer for a slightly/lightly used Tab Pro 8.4 with 2 cases (slim and folio) along with a 32Gb microSD for $275 locally.
Basically, I'm wondering if there is anything that I should be on the lookout for or anything I should be aware of going into it (good or bad). Or would you guys recommend something different in that price range?

Thanks in advance for your help, look forward to joining this community if all is well!
11th July 2014, 08:12 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 1

21 posts
I picked up a 10.1 with Gumdrop rubber case + 2 protectors for $300 last week FWIW off CL. $275 is a bit high for the 8.4 as it was selling @ Bestbuy for $250 + tax - $50 gift card - $25 google play = ~$175ish + tax.

You can get naked 8.4s off ebay for $210-$240, seeing as this guy wont be paying shipping or ebay / pp fees I'd try to shoot for $225 with the case and memory included.

Ask if it's been registered with Samsung, if it hasn't you'll be able to score on the freebies, the best one IMO is the $25 google play credit.
The Following User Says Thank You to Mike 01Hawk For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
advice
Previous Thread Next Thread