FORUMS

Analysis & Opinion

Top Forum Discussions

[5.1.x] [SM-T325] CyanogenMod 12.1 UNOFFICIAL Nightlies for the Tab Pro 8.4 LTE

2,430 posts
Thanks Meter: 4,591

By crpalmer, Senior Member on 18th April 2015, 11:40 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 5.1.x (Lollipop), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
#include <std_disclaimer.h>

/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
 */
CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit our Gerrit Code Review. Your changelog is whatever was merged into gerrit.

Instructions

First time flashing CyanogenMod 12.1 on your device, or coming from another ROM?
Download the zip(s).
Install a compatible Recovery
Perform a NANDroid backup of your current ROM (Optional)
Wipe data & cache partitions of your device (required when coming from stock!).
Flash CyanogenMod.
Optional: Install the Google Apps addon package.

Known Issues

* None

Other Issues?

Before posting on this thread, make sure of a few things:
You've utilized the search function of the forums. Nothing irritates me more than lazy people who do not search for an answer before asking.
If you are the only one having a problem. Boot into recovery, wipe data/factory reset, reflash the rom/gapps and nothing else. Boot up and see if the problem persists.
Make sure your post is relevant to this thread. "I'm having problems rooting/unlocking" is NOT relevant here.
LOGS LOGS LOGS!!!! Use this: SysLog by Tortel

Download Links

CyanogenMod: download.crpalmer.org

Google apps addon:
Download: http://d-h.st/users/dhacker29/?fld_id=27426 (use latest lpmr1 gapps)

XDA:DevDB Information
CyanogenMod 12.1 for MondrianLTE (Unofficial), ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 12.2, 10.1, 8.4

Contributors
crpalmer
ROM OS Version: 5.1.x Lollipop

Version Information

Created 2015-04-18
Last Updated 2015-07-24
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to crpalmer For This Useful Post: [ View ]

18th April 2015, 11:40 AM |#2  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Reserved
The Following User Says Thank You to crpalmer For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th April 2015, 08:40 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Works fine
ROM works fine, made a dirty flash from CM12.
No problems at all.
Last edited by guanellaluigi; 18th April 2015 at 09:21 PM.
19th April 2015, 01:41 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 272

More
http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/c/95004/2

hopefully merged soon (already in cm12 since late march..just noticed recently in cm12 builds in mms.apk...should have known by looking at the history for the cm12 version)

EDIt

One thing though

Email exchange (hotmail etc) app has a repeated error popup during sync..this is from 4/17 build and also today's 4/18...was not the case till 4/16..noticed the apk file size has changed (not sure what..but it starts giving error popups during sync...pretty irritating as have to somehow get it to stop the sync to stop the popup...using the cm12.1 email apk 5.82mb from 4/16 or earlier fixes the issue)

cm12 not having such issues,.at least from 4.16 to 4/18 no email.apk file size changes..no sync issues

Edit attached mixer file to address earpiece echo for other caller not speakerphone echo for other caller.. change zip in extension to xml.. not a zip file..put in system etc folder permissions 644
Attached Files
File Type: zip mixer_paths.zip - [Click for QR Code] (39.3 KB, 106 views)
Last edited by mac231us; 24th April 2015 at 09:51 PM.
21st April 2015, 03:15 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Does miracast work with this build? I know CM started enabling the feature, but it didn't work when I last tried it with my SM-T315. Thank you for your answer.
27th April 2015, 12:29 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 424

More
Can I just ask a general question to all who have flashed this on the T325, what version specifically of TWRP did you use to flash this? Been having some issues and just want to compare.
27th April 2015, 05:11 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenY2K3

Can I just ask a general question to all who have flashed this on the T325, what version specifically of TWRP did you use to flash this? Been having some issues and just want to compare.

TWRP 2.8.5.0 here. Any later version will work as well.
The Following User Says Thank You to guanellaluigi For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th April 2015, 06:18 PM |#8  
Flag Bucuresti
Thanks Meter: 289

More
Hello,

Thank you @crpalmer - great job with this rom!

Any chance I could buy you a beer to express my gratitude? I don't see a donations link in the OP
28th April 2015, 08:18 PM |#9  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vrl13

Hello,

Thank you @crpalmer - great job with this rom!

Any chance I could buy you a beer to express my gratitude? I don't see a donations link in the OP

Thanks!

There's a donate link in my profile but I prefer not to clutter up useful information with extra donate links...

My PayPal is donate.to.crpalmer@gmail.com.
29th April 2015, 06:16 AM |#10  
Flag Bucuresti
Thanks Meter: 289

More
Beer uploaded: 7UG08116JF1461945

Thanks again!

Sent from my SM-T325 using Tapatalk
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vrl13 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th April 2015, 10:42 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Anyone having issues with there WiFi. Sometimes it picks up my wifi other times it doesn't. Sees all the others around the building but not mine.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using XDA Free mobile app

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread