FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[6.0.x] [SM-T320] CyanogenMod 13.0 Nightlies for the Tab Pro 8.4 Wifi (mondrianwifi)

2,703 posts
Thanks Meter: 6,113

By crpalmer, Senior Member on 24th November 2015, 11:22 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 5.0.x (Lollipop), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
#include <std_disclaimer.h>

/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
 */
CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit our Gerrit Code Review. Your changelog is whatever was merged into gerrit.

Instructions

First time flashing CyanogenMod 13.0 on your device, or coming from another ROM?
Download the zip(s).
Install a compatible Recovery
Perform a NANDroid backup of your current ROM (Optional)
Wipe data & cache partitions of your device (required when coming from stock!).
Flash CyanogenMod.
Optional: Install the Google Apps addon package.

Known Issues

* Exfat support is done at a CM level (not device related) and last I checked has not been added yet. It should get added eventually.

Other Issues?

Before posting on this thread, make sure of a few things:
You've utilized the search function of the forums. Nothing irritates me more than lazy people who do not search for an answer before asking.
If you are the only one having a problem. Boot into recovery, wipe data/factory reset, reflash the rom/gapps and nothing else. Boot up and see if the problem persists.
Make sure your post is relevant to this thread. "I'm having problems rooting/unlocking" is NOT relevant here.
LOGS LOGS LOGS!!!! Use this: SysLog by Tortel

Experience issues?

* Nightlies: bug reports are not accepted. You are relying on yourself and your peers in this thread for support!
* Stable: file a bug in Jira.

Download Links

CyanogenMod: download.cyanogenmod.org

Google apps addon:
* Too soon to know what's best, I'm currently using the Slim pico package myself.

Useful Links

Unofficial changelog
Mondrianwifi wiki

The CyanogenMod team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!

XDA:DevDB Information
CyanogenMod 13.0 for MondrianWiFi, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 12.2, 10.1, 8.4

Contributors
crpalmer
ROM OS Version: 6.0.x Marshmallow

Version Information

Created 2015-11-24
Last Updated 2015-11-24
The Following 42 Users Say Thank You to crpalmer For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift crpalmer Ad-Free

24th November 2015, 11:22 AM |#2  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 6,113

Donate to Me
More
Reserved
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to crpalmer For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift crpalmer Ad-Free
24th November 2015, 11:27 AM |#3  
Flag Athens
Thanks Meter: 312

More
Wow, thanks ! It was a surprise that our tab was one of the first devices that took cm13 nightlies !
Last edited by george stamatos; 24th November 2015 at 11:35 AM.
24th November 2015, 11:29 AM |#4  
Bay Area 510
Thanks Meter: 254

More
Wow. I remember when cm12 were first rolling out we were lucky enough to be one of the first to get it, now we're the first samsung device to get cm13 thanks to Christopher Palmer. You're the MAN!!

Edit - enabling root in developers option but apps only get partial root. It seems like we're unable to write to system.
Last edited by Airtioteclint; 24th November 2015 at 12:39 PM.
24th November 2015, 11:31 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 82

More
Initial bugs (cm-13.0-20151124-NIGHTLY-mondrianwifi - for who didn't see the other thread)
1. ExFat is currently broken so SDCards~64GB and larger (that use this filesystem) won't work
2. root (adb & apps) (can't mount /system rw with rootexplorer, esfilemanager ..etc) - not sure bug origins

I am currently using the Slim Gapps they don't crash, and are pretty stable.
Slim_zero_gapps.ALPHA.6.0.build.0.x-20151121.zip (current as of this post*)

Geekbench 3 score = 914 - 2597
AnTuTu v5.7.1 = Crashes on the Project Anarchy 3D test. (possible app bug)
AnTuTu v6.0 Beta2 (from their website) = 44773

So far the interface is smooth and lag free, for people who don't want to test or run into bugs I would wait until the stable build for the best experience .
@OP-Correct link to Change log (though 13.0 makes more sense)
http://www.cmxlog.com/13/mondrianwifi/

Anyways great news that we are some of the first devices to get CM13 / Marshmallow, and great work crpalmer!
(I hope Samsung saw this news and feels ashamed for their lack of support and updates)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20151124-151749.png
Views:	1802
Size:	90.4 KB
ID:	3554484  
Last edited by otyg; 25th November 2015 at 05:01 AM. Reason: Typos, Grammar, you name it I edited it
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to otyg For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift otyg Ad-Free
24th November 2015, 01:45 PM |#6  
Flag Vienna
Thanks Meter: 152

More
Am I doing something wrong or SD cards can't be set as internal storage yet? Anyway, thank you for your great work!
24th November 2015, 01:47 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 128

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by user91

Am I doing something wrong or SD cards can't be set as internal storage yet? Anyway, thank you for your great work!

Can't be used from inside apps yet, either. For example, Plex or Google Music can't store synced media there... To be expected with such a new release.

Perormance, in the short time I used the tab last night, is night and day better than cm12.1 for me.
The Following User Says Thank You to KarlDag For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift KarlDag Ad-Free
24th November 2015, 03:00 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 56

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlDag

Can't be used from inside apps yet, either. For example, Plex or Google Music can't store synced media there... To be expected with such a new release.

Perormance, in the short time I used the tab last night, is night and day better than cm12.1 for me.

Will cm12.1 continue to get updates while this is getting sorted?

Sent from my SM-G925F using XDA Free mobile app
24th November 2015, 04:17 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 40

More
Only issue I've found so far is GoogleCamera 3.1 cannot initialize video recording, but the AOSP Camera can. Never seen that before.
24th November 2015, 04:21 PM |#10  
Flag Vienna
Thanks Meter: 152

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sualpine

Only issue I've found so far is GoogleCamera 3.1 cannot initialize video recording, but the AOSP Camera can. Never seen that before.

I have the same problem on my Xperia Z3 running Marshmallow, so likely not a ROM issue.
The Following User Says Thank You to user91 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift user91 Ad-Free
24th November 2015, 05:10 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 14

More
I used Open Gapps (http://opengapps.org/).

I selected ARM, 6.0 Mini and they work great. The had tried the Micro version but they crashed constantly.
The Following User Says Thank You to gmmorrell For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift gmmorrell Ad-Free

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)