FORUMS

XDA Recap: This Week In Android (May 17 – 23)

Another week, another recap. The Sunday tradition marches on this week with a fresh … more

Huawei To Sell Honor Smartphones Via Indian Retail Outlets

World’s fourth largest smartphone maker Huawei plans to now sell its … more

Sunday Debate: Are Smaller Bezels Better or Worth It?

Bezels have been getting smaller and smaller as the years go by, and while devices … more

LG G4 First Impressions and Unboxing – XDA TV

The latest in LG’s signature line of “G phones” has been released. … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[ROM][4.4.4][KTU84Q][OFFICIAL] SlimKat - Mondrianwifi-[+Weeklies]

9th September 2014, 04:00 PM |#1  
OP Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Moderator
Flag MayagŁez
Thanks Meter: 12,451

Donate to Me
More

SlimRoms is a custom android operating system. The main goal is to offer users a slimmed down but still feature rich alternative to other android operating systems.
The entire SlimTeam work together to bring you this tailor-made beauty straight from Android Open Source Project (AOSP) source code.
All of the sources can be publicly viewed through GitHub and you can stop by the public Gerrit to submit patches of any type.

SlimKat is the project name for SlimRoms based on Android 4.4 and offers the following original features:
  • The Real Dark Slim
    • Full system-wide dark interfaces. - If you like it smooth and classy.
  • Custom Shortcuts. Everywhere.
    • Hardware keys, Navigation Ring, Navigation Bar, Lockscreen, Tiles, Notifications etc. - We've got you covered.
  • System-Wide Keyboard Controls
    • Rotation, cursor control, optional emoticions, etc. - You'll be tapping away to your heart's content.
  • SlimCenter
    • Downloads, contact information, system app removal. - More fun than you can shake a stick at.
  • Camera Features
    • Trueview, Smart Capture. - Capture life moments with ease.

Important links:

slimroms.net - The official webpage where you find everything you need to know about SlimRoms.

Downloads - Download the rom, gapps and other addons.

Installation instructions - Follow these steps to the letter if you're about to install SlimRoms on your device.

Latest Changelog - Read here if you want information on changes in latest build.

FAQ - The most frequent asked questions with answers.

Kernel Source - The source of your device's kernel.

Get in touch! - Contact SlimRoms at these places if you have questions, requests or feedback.

Google+

Twitter

Facebook

Forum

Disclaimer: SlimRoms are not responsible for any damages to your device.
Last edited by prbassplayer; 30th September 2014 at 06:41 AM.
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to prbassplayer For This Useful Post: [ View ]

9th September 2014, 04:01 PM |#2  
Flag MayagŁez

Donate to Me
More
Woot official.

Use apps like TricksterMod to play with kernel options
Kernel Features:
Linaro 4.9
Compiled with GCC Ofast
Graphite flags
Optimization GCC flags
A lot of kernel fixes
Intelliplug (Thanks Faux123) [Default still mpdecision]
Massive update for arm specific (Thanks Faux123)
Good deal of changes to Oom (Thanks Faux123)
Changes to Random & Frandom (Thanks Imoseyon)
Updates to Writeback
Arm optimized RWSEM (Thanks Faux123)
Zram [Default off]
Last edited by prbassplayer; 30th September 2014 at 02:44 PM.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to prbassplayer For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th September 2014, 04:02 PM |#3  
Retired Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 3,698

Donate to Me
More
Isn't this going to be official prbassplayer?

I will close my thread accordingly. Good work.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to arrrghhh For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th September 2014, 08:52 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 50

More
Looking forward to "Official" Slimkat for the Tab Pro 8.4! I am currently running the unofficial 7.9 and so far things are good. BT works! . Thanks for all your hard work!
The Following User Says Thank You to ilatimer1 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th September 2014, 02:27 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 2,256

More
Downloading now. I'll have to wait till tomorrow to flash. Thanks a ton @prbassplayer. Also thanks to @arrrghhh for his prior unofficial builds.

From my Tab Pro 8.4
The Following User Says Thank You to JaylanPHNX For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th September 2014, 09:43 PM |#6  

More
Flashed and running. Tested Bluetooth with my MOGA controller. I'm thrilled to be able to use it again. Thanks, Josue. How are you liking this neat little tablet?

From my Tab Pro 8.4
10th September 2014, 09:54 PM |#7  
Flag MayagŁez

Donate to Me
More
Ugh I can't believe I'm back on a Samsung device, but I couldn't find anything as good for the price. Besides the fact the size imo is better than 7invh tabs. That being said Samsung needs to shoot the software engineers that made there Touchwiz launcher. By far the lagging launcher I've ever used... Of all time... Think my old captivate lagged less. As for aosp support it isn't half bad. Crpalmer has been working his ars off on this and many thanks to him.
The Following User Says Thank You to prbassplayer For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th September 2014, 10:28 PM |#8  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by prbassplayer

Ugh I can't believe I'm back on a Samsung device, but I couldn't find anything as good for the price. Besides the fact the size imo is better than 7invh tabs. That being said Samsung needs to shoot the software engineers that made there Touchwiz launcher. By far the lagging launcher I've ever used... Of all time... Think my old captivate lagged less. As for aosp support it isn't half bad. Crpalmer has been working his ars off on this and many thanks to him.

Absolutely, huge respect and gratitude are due to Mr Palmer.
The only knock on the Tab Pro I can find, once you remove TW, is the battery life. I'm actually fine with the 7-8 hours of screen on time I average with Slim, but there are tablets that do much better. The screen is,I think, the standout feature. Beautiful and just the right size. Are you thinking of tweaking the kernel any (once you get everything else straight, of course)?

From my Tab Pro 8.4
10th September 2014, 10:39 PM |#9  
Flag MayagŁez

Donate to Me
More
I already did on the build I released here. My personal build is using Linaro 4.9 with Ofast gcc optimizations. Not sure how much more though. I tried to get faux sound but I've been unable to get Ardmore gains to work . You can use apps like TricksterMod to play around with kernel settings

Sent from my Slim powered Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4
The Following User Says Thank You to prbassplayer For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th September 2014, 04:35 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 20

More
Any word on auto focus working in camera settings? It always defaults back to continuous, regardless what you choose

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread