Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,682 Members 42,121 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Best stylus for writing?

Tip us?

kuromusha38
Old
Thanks Meter 22
No Wacom = crap, no matter what stylus you use.
Device: Samsung Galaxy Note 2 GT-N7100
Android version: 4.4.2
Rom: Omega V27
Bootloader: ND3
Recovery: TWRP 2.7.0.2

cyberstrategist
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default Samsung C Pen

I've been looking for an option with a fine tip myself and noticed that Samsung offered a C Pen for the Galaxy S3. Well, I decided to get it and try it on my Tab S 8.4. I can say that it works well on the screen straight up, meaning no screen protector. I added an Illumishield Blue Light screen protector on it and it works but not quite as well as without. There seems to bee a little bit of "sticking" instead of gliding smoothly across the screen. This is of course the screen protectors issue and not the pen. I will swap it out once there is a tempered glass version available.

I can use it as a pointer and tap to launch and do things. In S Note, it works very well. I'd even say it works better in S Note than it does in Evernote at this point.

I think this is going to work out well. After all, it does have just a 3mm tip so you can see what you're actually doing and it's not nearly as expensive as most styli that are available.

-Cyber

abnoob
Old
Thanks Meter 4
3M Smart Pen
Wacom bamboo stylus solo 2

But still hope for new galaxy note 8.4 with an amoled screen.
The Following User Says Thank You to abnoob For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Apple_nut
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Thumbs up The Dart stylus with 2 mm fine tip

I just ordered the Dart stylus which has a 2 mm fine tip and works with all the latest Windows, Android and Apple devices. It has ultra-precise tips to produce a fine line for drawing or sketching.

I need to take a lot of notes during the day as a physician and reading the online reviews of this stylus sold me hands down.

You can find it by googline the DART STYLUS FROM PRECISION TOUCH

pibach
Old
Thanks Meter 5
I am using a simple capacitive stylus from Hama for EUR 4,99. Seems to be similar to the Bamboo solo. Works perfektly for taping. I had to set touch sensitivity to high in settings to use it reliably at quick swyping. Works like a charm then. Much better for my needs than inductive pens (have several other Tablets with those).

vulcanvillalta
Old
Thanks Meter 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaizil View Post
Well, I came acroos a company called Dagi, they seem to make products very similar to Adonit, only they work with android as well.... see here

and here

It seems like the Dagi is on par with its counterpart and even slightly better.
It makes way less noise when writing, which is important. The Adonit makes so much noise its ridiculous... it sounds like someone is doing the dishes. the Adonit Jot script also has this metal tip which makes too much noise when wrting,
Dagi is a bit cheaper as well.

Anyway, I would really rather have a soft tip stylus purely due to the noise factor and "feel". I don't want to feel like I am about to harm the screen.... maybe when a glass screen protector comes out.
That looks like an awesome stylus, but the amazon page says currently unavailable...bummer dude
I have been, and always shall be, your friend.

pibach
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Disk stylus are fine for precise constructing and diagramming. For scribbling and most other regular work a simpler soft end stylus such as bamboo is better, imho.