FORUMS

XDA Picks: Best Apps of the Week (June 27 – July 4)

Apps are at the front and center of any smartphone experience, and with over a … more

HTC One M9 Developer Edition Android 5.1 OTA

The Developer Edition of the HTC One M9 is receiving an over-the-air update to Android 5.1. … more

Index Project For XDA Device Subforums

Another ambitious project from the collaborative efforts of Recognized Contributors and Forum … more

The Atlas of XDA

A few weeks ago, we asked you “How Does Your Location Affect Your Life As A Power User?”. In the days that … more

Charging stand/dock?

4 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By mangino, Junior Member on 22nd July 2014, 02:56 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
I'm looking for a plain charging stand or dock for the Galaxy Tab S, but I can't seem to find one. Does anyone know of such an accessory (could be Samsung or 3rd-party, either specific to the Galaxy Tab S or even generic)?

22nd July 2014, 03:35 AM |#2  
Flag Somewhere Else
Thanks Meter: 352

More
I've had probably 8 tablets by now and used this stand with all of them.

http://www.amazon.com/Arkon-Travel-A...ds=arkon+stand

Sent from my Galaxy Tab S
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Itchiee For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th July 2014, 05:46 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member

More
I just found the following dock (which charges) on Amazon. I assume that since it is "universal", it will work with the Galaxy Tab S. Any reason why it shouldn't?

EDD-D100BEGXAR

Sorry, I can't post URLs yet because I'm new here and XDA won't let me. Simple search for the above model number will yield links to it.
25th July 2014, 04:21 AM |#4  
Flag Somewhere Else
Thanks Meter: 352

More
False, that was for the old Galaxy Tab with a 30 pin connector, you need one with USB connector, like this:

EE-D100TNWEGUJ

It should work but this is uncharted territory so...

Sent from my Galaxy Tab S
Last edited by Itchiee; 25th July 2014 at 04:25 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Itchiee For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th July 2014, 11:05 AM |#5  

More
i recommend a Quirky Converge Universal USB Docking Station
10th February 2015, 09:18 AM |#6  
Flag Brisbane, Queensland
Thanks Meter: 2

More
I haven't yet tried it but I think this KIDIGI Dock would be better than Samsung's Universal Dock because the back rest sticks up higher; better for portrait tablets, less wobble when you tap the screen.

http://www.gadgets4geeks.com.au/sams...s-desktop-dock
-This mob have it as sold out but I bet you can find it elsewhere!

Cheers
Last edited by puppettestpilot; 10th February 2015 at 09:19 AM. Reason: because I'm awesome
The Following User Says Thank You to puppettestpilot For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th June 2015, 06:15 PM |#7  
Flag Perched at the peak of a bell curve
Thanks Meter: 38

More
I just scored a tab s to replace my dear ancient playbook which replaced my dear ancient Touchpad. Blackberry and HP got so many things right including their just plain perfect docks that let you sleepily/lazily/distractedly/drunkenly slide the tablet into place perfectly every time leaving it always charged. Losing those amazing docks is one of the main things that's kept me from upgrading, any new docks out there that people are loving?

In a perfect world there would be one where the usb nub pops into place when the tablet's lined up... Or a good case with a qi adapter.
15th June 2015, 12:19 PM |#8  
Flag Adelaide
Thanks Meter: 20

More
Checked & in Stock now.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread