Looking for car charger that would actually charge Tab S.

OP carlitos66

4th July 2014, 06:42 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 30

177 posts
None of my cigarette lighter chargers do the charging. iPad Air is fine, iPad mini second generation is fine, Note 3 is fine, but Galaxy Tab S 8.4 does not charge. The output from the charger is 2.1 amp, after checking Samsung web site specs, tablet need 3.8 amp. Anybody can recommend any charger that will do the job?
4th July 2014, 06:45 AM   |  #2  
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 17

62 posts
More
Sony currently does not have a car charger for the Tablet this may possibly change in the future.
I the meantime you could consider an AC/DC inverter somewhat bulky but does the job used in conjunction with your power adaptor.

🙏🙏Thank Me Up If I Helped You 🙏🙏
4th July 2014, 02:03 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 22

93 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sludge1121997

Sony currently does not have a car charger for the Tablet this may possibly change in the future.
I the meantime you could consider an AC/DC inverter somewhat bulky but does the job used in conjunction with your power adaptor.

Sony?

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Free mobile app
6th July 2014, 03:26 PM   |  #4  
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 17

62 posts
More
Ouch I thought Tablet S

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B004DB...&robot_redir=1

There

12th July 2014, 04:47 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 4

7 posts
This charger works perfectly on my Tab S 8.4, and actually seems to charge it faster than the wall outlet,

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
The Following User Says Thank You to hrdc69 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th July 2014, 02:53 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 4

45 posts
I'm sure you can find a cigarette adapter that has a couple of USB ports on it that has that high of amperage. That's how I charge mine. As a matter of fact, that's how I charge all my devices now instead of using the "original" cigarette charger with one connector and the coil wire. I discovered that most of those are 1.2 amps, now you can find some 2.1 amps, but if you're using your device as it's hooked up, it barely gets a charge. Some of the cigarette chargers with multiple USB ports work good, but be sure you don't plug anything else in at the same time or your amperage will be cut in half.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread