Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,778 Members 52,078 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Looking for car charger that would actually charge Tab S.

Tip us?

carlitos66
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 30
Default Looking for car charger that would actually charge Tab S.

None of my cigarette lighter chargers do the charging. iPad Air is fine, iPad mini second generation is fine, Note 3 is fine, but Galaxy Tab S 8.4 does not charge. The output from the charger is 2.1 amp, after checking Samsung web site specs, tablet need 3.8 amp. Anybody can recommend any charger that will do the job?

sludge1121997
Old
Thanks Meter 17
Sony currently does not have a car charger for the Tablet this may possibly change in the future.
I the meantime you could consider an AC/DC inverter somewhat bulky but does the job used in conjunction with your power adaptor.

🙏🙏Thank Me Up If I Helped You 🙏🙏

csmits
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by sludge1121997 View Post
Sony currently does not have a car charger for the Tablet this may possibly change in the future.
I the meantime you could consider an AC/DC inverter somewhat bulky but does the job used in conjunction with your power adaptor.

Sony?

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Free mobile app

sludge1121997
Old
Thanks Meter 17
Ouch I thought Tablet S

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B004DB...&robot_redir=1

There

hrdc69
Old
Thanks Meter 4
This charger works perfectly on my Tab S 8.4, and actually seems to charge it faster than the wall outlet,

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
The Following User Says Thank You to hrdc69 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Rolldog
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I'm sure you can find a cigarette adapter that has a couple of USB ports on it that has that high of amperage. That's how I charge mine. As a matter of fact, that's how I charge all my devices now instead of using the "original" cigarette charger with one connector and the coil wire. I discovered that most of those are 1.2 amps, now you can find some 2.1 amps, but if you're using your device as it's hooked up, it barely gets a charge. Some of the cigarette chargers with multiple USB ports work good, but be sure you don't plug anything else in at the same time or your amperage will be cut in half.