Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,319 Members 53,620 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Official Samsung Screen Protectors

Tip us?
 
Schwuar
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 16
Join Date: Nov 2012
Default Official Samsung Screen Protectors

I was just wondering if anybody has used Samsungs official screen protectors? Its 15 for 2 from their online store and it says its 92% transparent and anti reflective. I usually go with Steinheil from Spigen however it takes a while for them to release certain products (especially in the UK). If they arent very good can anyone recommend any good alternatives that dont reduce the quality of the screen?

When i had my Note 2 i put on a Spigen anti glare and it significantly reduced the screen quality so put an oleophobic one on instead and it was miles better. When i got my Note 3 i put an ultra crystal on it straight away. You pay a bit extra for the spigen ones but i would definitely say they are worth it however they havent released any for the tab s yet

Im one of those people who put a protector on straight out of the box so wont be able to compare the difference between having a protector on and not having one on but i still want it to look the best it possibly can
 
vulcanvillalta
Old
#2  
vulcanvillalta's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 28
Posts: 179
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Miami
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwuar View Post
I was just wondering if anybody has used Samsungs official screen protectors? Its 15 for 2 from their online store and it says its 92% transparent and anti reflective. I usually go with Steinheil from Spigen however it takes a while for them to release certain products (especially in the UK). If they arent very good can anyone recommend any good alternatives that dont reduce the quality of the screen?

When i had my Note 2 i put on a Spigen anti glare and it significantly reduced the screen quality so put an oleophobic one on instead and it was miles better. When i got my Note 3 i put an ultra crystal on it straight away. You pay a bit extra for the spigen ones but i would definitely say they are worth it however they havent released any for the tab s yet

Im one of those people who put a protector on straight out of the box so wont be able to compare the difference between having a protector on and not having one on but i still want it to look the best it possibly can
I personally have an amFilm screen protector for mine. It works really well, and it's on sale, though. I'd grab one of these instead of the $15 one you were talking about.
I have been, and always shall be, your friend.
 
Eddie Hicks
Old
#3  
Eddie Hicks's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 30
Posts: 187
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: South Jersey Shore

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwuar View Post
I was just wondering if anybody has used Samsungs official screen protectors? Its 15 for 2 from their online store and it says its 92% transparent and anti reflective. I usually go with Steinheil from Spigen however it takes a while for them to release certain products (especially in the UK). If they arent very good can anyone recommend any good alternatives that dont reduce the quality of the screen?
I have the iLLumishield. It's probably the best I have used including some that were over $30. It's crystal clear, can hardly tell it's on. Fingers slide across like the bare glass and goes on easy. See link.

http://www.amazon.com/iLLumiShield-P...=cm_cr_pr_pb_t
Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5
Samsung Galaxy S4 blue
Barnes & Noble Nook New GlowLight
ASUS Transformer TF700T (retired)
Kindle Fire HD 8.9
HTC Rezound (sold)
ASUS TF201 (sold)
HTC Incredible (sold)
 
kms108
Old
#4  
kms108's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 846
Posts: 4,722
Join Date: Sep 2007
I use a glass protector, better protection.
Samsung Galaxy S5 SM900F
Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini Duos I9192

Sony XBA 3
Sony MDR EX600
Sony MDR EX800ST
Xiao Mi Piston IF Edition
 
texaspledge
Old
#5  
Member
Thanks Meter 14
Posts: 66
Join Date: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie Hicks View Post
I have the iLLumishield. It's probably the best I have used including some that were over $30. It's crystal clear, can hardly tell it's on. Fingers slide across like the bare glass and goes on easy. See link.

http://www.amazon.com/iLLumiShield-P...=cm_cr_pr_pb_t
Yes. Illumishield has been awesome. Great protector.
 
skeeterpro
Old
#6  
skeeterpro's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 134
Posts: 914
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Iowa
Quote:
Originally Posted by kms108 View Post
I use a glass protector, better protection.
Agree. These type have saved my GS3 several times! Won't use anything else. On my TAB S and GNote8.
"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has limits."....A. Einstein
----------------------------------------------------------

Samsung Galaxy Tab S Stock rooted
Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 Civato Flexbeam 4.2.2
Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 6800/OmniROM 4.4
SGS III Stock Rooted TW/Unlocked/4.3
The Following User Says Thank You to skeeterpro For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
kms108
Old
#7  
kms108's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 846
Posts: 4,722
Join Date: Sep 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeeterpro View Post
Agree. These type have saved my GS3 several times! Won't use anything else. On my TAB S and GNote8.
at least if they do get damaged, it's the protector first.

too bad you can't get glass protectors for the nokia lumina 930, just got this phone.
Samsung Galaxy S5 SM900F
Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini Duos I9192

Sony XBA 3
Sony MDR EX600
Sony MDR EX800ST
Xiao Mi Piston IF Edition

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Android L Will Have Data Encryption Turned On by Default

Android L, once it is eventually released, will featuredata encryption turned on by … more

Lock Apps and Functions Easily with Droid Protector

Access and security are some of the key issues facingmobile technology. Whether … more

ARChon Lets You Run Android Apps in Google Chrome Browser

Not too long ago, Google added the ability torun select Android applications on … more

Flyme OS Finds Its Way to the Google Nexus 5

Flyme OS is a heavily modified Android variantdeveloped by the Meizu team for their MX … more