Official TWRP Recovery Lands on Micromax Canvas Magnus

With the recent release of Android One, Micromax and MediaTek released fully buildable … more

Update Overload: SuperSU Heavily Updated

There are apps and apps out there. Very few can reach the level of popularity required to stay at … more

Lollipop Leak Available for the Sprint Galaxy S5

Since the Android 5.0Lollipop’s official release not too long ago, we’ve seen … more

CPU Spy Gets an Android Lollipop Makeover

At some point in the distant past, you probably heard of CPU Spy for Android by XDARetired … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Official Samsung Screen Protectors

OP Schwuar

8th August 2014, 11:14 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

28 posts
I was just wondering if anybody has used Samsungs official screen protectors? Its 15 for 2 from their online store and it says its 92% transparent and anti reflective. I usually go with Steinheil from Spigen however it takes a while for them to release certain products (especially in the UK). If they arent very good can anyone recommend any good alternatives that dont reduce the quality of the screen?

When i had my Note 2 i put on a Spigen anti glare and it significantly reduced the screen quality so put an oleophobic one on instead and it was miles better. When i got my Note 3 i put an ultra crystal on it straight away. You pay a bit extra for the spigen ones but i would definitely say they are worth it however they havent released any for the tab s yet

Im one of those people who put a protector on straight out of the box so wont be able to compare the difference between having a protector on and not having one on but i still want it to look the best it possibly can
11th August 2014, 07:30 PM   |  #2  
Flag Miami
Thanks Meter: 31

210 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwuar

I was just wondering if anybody has used Samsungs official screen protectors? Its 15 for 2 from their online store and it says its 92% transparent and anti reflective. I usually go with Steinheil from Spigen however it takes a while for them to release certain products (especially in the UK). If they arent very good can anyone recommend any good alternatives that dont reduce the quality of the screen?

When i had my Note 2 i put on a Spigen anti glare and it significantly reduced the screen quality so put an oleophobic one on instead and it was miles better. When i got my Note 3 i put an ultra crystal on it straight away. You pay a bit extra for the spigen ones but i would definitely say they are worth it however they havent released any for the tab s yet

Im one of those people who put a protector on straight out of the box so wont be able to compare the difference between having a protector on and not having one on but i still want it to look the best it possibly can

I personally have an amFilm screen protector for mine. It works really well, and it's on sale, though. I'd grab one of these instead of the $15 one you were talking about.
12th August 2014, 02:13 AM   |  #3  
Flag South Jersey Shore
Thanks Meter: 32

193 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwuar

I have the iLLumishield. It's probably the best I have used including some that were over $30. It's crystal clear, can hardly tell it's on. Fingers slide across like the bare glass and goes on easy. See link.

http://www.amazon.com/iLLumiShield-P...=cm_cr_pr_pb_t
15th August 2014, 05:09 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 856

4,790 posts
I use a glass protector, better protection.
16th August 2014, 03:43 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 19

81 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie Hicks

I have the iLLumishield. It's probably the best I have used including some that were over $30. It's crystal clear, can hardly tell it's on. Fingers slide across like the bare glass and goes on easy. See link.

http://www.amazon.com/iLLumiShield-P...=cm_cr_pr_pb_t

Yes. Illumishield has been awesome. Great protector.
16th August 2014, 04:58 PM   |  #6  
Flag Iowa
Thanks Meter: 134

919 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kms108

I use a glass protector, better protection.

Agree. These type have saved my GS3 several times! Won't use anything else. On my TAB S and GNote8.
The Following User Says Thank You to skeeterpro For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th August 2014, 05:26 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 856

4,790 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeeterpro

Agree. These type have saved my GS3 several times! Won't use anything else. On my TAB S and GNote8.

at least if they do get damaged, it's the protector first.

too bad you can't get glass protectors for the nokia lumina 930, just got this phone.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread