Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,857 Members 45,077 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Where is the Samsung keyboard?

Tip us?

Rolldog
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyhamada View Post
Just picked up my 32 gb 10.5 and was also bummed that the Samsung keyboard case was not available.

But, when in BB, I checked out Logitech's version and was impressed enough to buy it ($99). It's not the same as the official Samsung version, but I don't regret getting it at all. It's really nice.

FWIW.
I've been waiting for this to come out, but I've been busy the last couple of days filming a movie so I haven't had time to check on it. They have it at Best Buy? How do you like it? Does it feel solid, like when you type on it, can you tell from they keys that you've actually pressed something or is it like typing on the ground where you can't tell that it's a keyboard?

everlast716
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Default Just picked up the Samsung Bluetooth keyboard from Best Buy...

I had checked local inventory online and found that a store close to my home had it "in stock". I purchased it and said I would pick it up in store, and they emailed me back saying that stock was out. I found another store, a bit further away but they did find it for me. This was a pre-purchase as my tab S 10.5 doesn't arrive until tomorrow sometime(c'mon FedEx make it early!), so I can't really give a full breakdown of my opinion on it. I do like the way it looks, it looks nice, matches, and compliments the tab S tablet compared to the black ugly logitech one(IMHO). I will update my thoughts on it tomorrow when I get a chance to play around with the tablet.

Azeke
Old
(Last edited by Azeke; 14th July 2014 at 08:56 PM.)
Thanks Meter 2
I have my Tab S 10.5, and I am awaiting the Titanium Keyboard (delivery expected today). I have the Book case which I truly enjoy.
I will provide a status update later in the week. I'm happy that everlast716 likes its initial presentation, I will be interested in comparing notes.

Peace and blessings,

Azeke

Keyboard Status update:

Here are my initial observations:

1) Beautiful keyboard, looks very clean and professional
2) Keys are responsive (sometimes minor lag), key stroke (1.5mm) and incurved keys a plus
3) Key pitch (16.01mm) a tad small, but it is a 10.5 tablet (use to the Note pro 12.2 keyboard size, since returned)
4) Nice latching mechanism
5) Needs track pad
6) Minimal protection against drops (although not tested)
7) Minor instability when mounted and using touchscreen

I rate this keyboard 8.5/10 and I would purchase it again. Although I wish it was less expensive, will try to price match with BB, once availability increases.

Please feel free to ask any questions.

Peace and Blessings,

Azeke
The Following User Says Thank You to Azeke For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

everlast716
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azeke View Post
I have my Tab S 10.5, and I am awaiting the Titanium Keyboard (delivery expected today). I have the Book case which I truly enjoy.
I will provide a status update later in the week. I'm happy that everlast716 likes its initial presentation, I will be interested in comparing notes.

Peace and blessings,

Azeke

Keyboard Status update:

Here are my initial observations:

1) Beautiful keyboard, looks very clean and professional
2) Keys are responsive (sometimes minor lag), key stroke (1.5mm) and incurved keys a plus
3) Key pitch (16.01mm) a tad small, but it is a 10.5 tablet (use to the Note pro 12.2 keyboard size, since returned)
4) Nice latching mechanism
5) Needs track pad
6) Minimal protection against drops (although not tested)
7) Minor instability when mounted and using touchscreen

I rate this keyboard 8.5/10 and I would purchase it again. Although I wish it was less expensive, will try to price match with BB, once availability increases.

Please feel free to ask any questions.

Peace and Blessings,

Azeke
Swell job on the review Azeke! I'd have to agree with you on all points. I was a little scared before I got the keyboard that closing it would eventually scuff the screen, but that isn't the case. I'm enjoying this keyboard, I just have to say I wish it was about 20 dollars cheaper, after taxes this sucker was about 140 dollar! I used to have an Asus tf700 and the keyboard dock that came with that was $150 when I paid for it, but it had an extended battery to get more juice out of the tablet, and it was a little easier to type on it. Also, it would have been nicer if you could adjust the viewing angle a little bit. Just my two cents lol...Azeke, have you found yourself sliding your finger at the bottom of the keyboard where you might be used to a trackpad yet? Lol, I just did it a minute ago.

Typed on the Samsung Type S keyboard(I had to test it out!)

Azeke
Old
(Last edited by Azeke; 15th July 2014 at 03:43 PM.)
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by everlast716 View Post
Swell job on the review Azeke! I'd have to agree with you on all points. I was a little scared before I got the keyboard that closing it would eventually scuff the screen, but that isn't the case. I'm enjoying this keyboard, I just have to say I wish it was about 20 dollars cheaper, after taxes this sucker was about 140 dollar! I used to have an Asus tf700 and the keyboard dock that came with that was $150 when I paid for it, but it had an extended battery to get more juice out of the tablet, and it was a little easier to type on it. Also, it would have been nicer if you could adjust the viewing angle a little bit. Just my two cents lol...Azeke, have you found yourself sliding your finger at the bottom of the keyboard where you might be used to a trackpad yet? Lol, I just did it a minute ago.

Typed on the Samsung Type S keyboard(I had to test it out!)
Thank you for the compliment everlast716, and yes I found myself looking for the trackpad once or twice. I'm going to connect the MS Wedge mouse I have laying around to see how well the k/b and mouse work.

Update: The MS Wedge and Keyboard integrate well, however as of this writing I have limited mouse customization options. I guess that's why Samsung wants you to purchase the Samsung S Action Mouse. All things considered it still works .

Peace and blessings,

Azeke

05GT
Old
Thanks Meter 150
Upgraded to the 32GB 10.5 and loving the keyboard.

- 15.4 Retina MBP | Microsoft SP3 128GB
- Verizon Galaxy S5 (Electric Blue) | Verizon LG G3
- Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5