[Root][Port] Cf-Autoroot T700 [Tab S 8.4]

OP BeansTown106

10th January 2015, 05:00 AM   |  #171  
Thanks Meter: 37

407 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bynarie

Not trying to be rude or sound like an ass, but seriously wondering. Why would one use autoroot to root any device? Wouldnt it just be as easy and more efficient to flash twrp via odin, then flash supersu. That way you also have a way to backup your system? What are the benefits to using the auto/cf-root method? Once again, not being sarcastic. I appreciate anything chainfire does, but i honestly see no benefit to using cf-autoroot. I have always installed TWRP first, via fastboot or odin, then flash supersu in it. To me, this seems the most logical way to do things. And, its more universal. Thanks

Would it trip the knox status if I just flash TWRP via odin?
The Following User Says Thank You to xuanphucn For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th January 2015, 05:16 AM   |  #172  
Thanks Meter: 26

54 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xuanphucn

Would it trip the knox status if I just flash TWRP via odin?

Man, im totally new to samsung devices. Never been a big fan. The only reason I got this tab was for the incredible display... Anyhow, I dont know about the knox thing. I would just delete it. It sounds like junk software anyway made to make life difficult for rooters. I deleted it on my device and havent had any problems. But my honest opinion is that if you are going to root any device, flash TWRP or some recovery, then flash supersu. Its really the only logical thing to do. That way you can make nandroid backups to recover from. This whole autoroot thing just sounds like a pain to me, but thats my opinion. What if something goes wrong when your updating or changing your rom?? Well if you have a nandroid backup, no problem.

OH, I forgot - If you are already rooted and are now looking for a recovery, id go with the dd method. That way you can do it right from inside android. As long as you have busybox, or dd installed.
https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#n...nox+galaxy+tab
10th January 2015, 05:32 AM   |  #173  
Thanks Meter: 37

407 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bynarie

Man, im totally new to samsung devices. Never been a big fan. The only reason I got this tab was for the incredible display... Anyhow, I dont know about the knox thing. I would just delete it. It sounds like junk software anyway made to make life difficult for rooters. I deleted it on my device and havent had any problems. But my honest opinion is that if you are going to root any device, flash TWRP or some recovery, then flash supersu. Its really the only logical thing to do. That way you can make nandroid backups to recover from. This whole autoroot thing just sounds like a pain to me, but thats my opinion. What if something goes wrong when your updating or changing your rom?? Well if you have a nandroid backup, no problem.

OH, I forgot - If you are already rooted and are now looking for a recovery, id go with the dd method. That way you can do it right from inside android. As long as you have busybox, or dd installed.
https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#n...nox+galaxy+tab

check your knox status to see if it got tripped. If the knox status is tripped, you will lose your warranty
13th January 2015, 08:41 PM   |  #174  
Flag SL,UT
Thanks Meter: 206

681 posts
More
Worked awesome. Thanks!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread