[ROM][8.4/10.5 Wifi/LTE][LOCKSCREEN WIDGETS] ***SuperSamsung V1*** [4.4.2][NG2][8/13]
So...what does the "S" in our device name stand for u ask? Well...on your planet many may say it means "SUPER" or "SAMSUNG" or even "SKYHIGH" (lol...soon hopefully
). Just to be clear i am NOT a dev by any means...only another enthusiastic user looking to make a few improvements to his device so i & others may enjoy it more. I guess i should start out by saying that i created this rom for personal use simply so i wouldnt have to individually reapply every mod after a fresh firmware flash...my main motivation in doing so is to add back functions that samsung saw fit to remove from our tab such as the lockscreen widgets & quadview. So, while i will be open to suggestions to make this a better rom, i'm not actually interested in making it "pretty" with cosmetic changes since my first focus will be function over form...however anyone with expertise in theming is more than welcome to create flashable packages if u would like to. The only thing that has been removed is knox but i'm sure u can find a list of apks that are safe to eliminate elsewhere on xda (u can delete the files directly from the zip or uninstall after u flash)...with this being the first version please dont expect anything too fancy so for now just consider this a "stock plus stuff" WIP & with that being said i will now release for the rest of my fellow TAB S owners SuperSamsung V1!
(see screenshots in second post...basic instructions located below photos)
6. No Knox (this is the only thing that has been removed...anything else will need to be deleted from the zip or uninstalled after flash)
7. QuadView (4-way multiwindow found in 12.2 note pro....thx @xperiacle
8. Lock Screen Widgets!
(FINALLY figured out how to re-enable these...thx @Goldie
for the info)
9. Assistive Light Widget (adds led flashlight widget...other apps unnecessary)
10. SDfix (apps can now write to external memory...no need for playstore fix)
11. Floating Multiwindow (mysteriously missing along with the ability to rename shortcuts...both have been added back)
1. Copy rom to device
2. Boot into download mode, flash custom recovery then IMMEDIATELY hold power, volume up & home to boot into cwm/twrp
3. install zip & wipe both caches
4. Open Supersu & when asked to update "su" binay choose "cwm/twrp" method...device will reboot with full root
5. I suggest installing nova launcher & even completely deleting all touchwiz/magazine apks for smoothness/memory purposes...this step is optional
6. If u need 4 way reboot, call & screen recording, volume key music control, or want to add more apps to multiwindow plus a bunch of other stuff then i HIGHLY recommend wanam xposed module...of course this is optional as well
1. widgets can only be deleted in portrait orientation
DOWNLOAD SuperSamsung V1 ROM!
^TAB S 8.4 WiFi/LTE
^TAB S 10.5 WiFi/LTE (needs to be tested since i dont own this device...please report your results in detail)
Whats been going on bro...dont know if u remember me but i was the one who ported multiwindow to the tab plus/7.7. Just wanted to touch bases & make this a formal request to include your kernel when u complete it...also i have one feature request if u can find time. Didnt want to pm u because im sure other users have been blowing your inbox up so feel free to send me a message or reply here...whatever is more convienient for u
i remember u being one of the original testers of my multiwindow mod on the P6800 so i just wanted to say thx...i hope that i'm not stepping on any toes by creating another t705 rom but i knew i had one killer feature which users would want (lockscreen widgets) plus a few missing multiwindow extras so i felt the need. So to both u & upintheair i just wanna say....i'm glad we are all on the same device now & look forward to making the most of this tab together