Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,518 Members 50,755 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][8.4/10.5 Wifi/LTE][ALL WIDGETS ANYWHERE] **SuperSamsung V2** [4.4.2][NG2][8/27]

Tip us?

THEDEVIOUS1
Old
(Last edited by THEDEVIOUS1; 30th August 2014 at 06:53 AM.) Reason: NEW V2
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 838

DONATE TO ME
Default [ROM][8.4/10.5 Wifi/LTE][ALL WIDGETS ANYWHERE] **SuperSamsung V2** [4.4.2][NG2][8/27]

So...what does the "S" in our device name stand for u ask? Well...on your planet many may say it means "SUPER" or "SAMSUNG" or even "SKYHIGH" (lol...soon hopefully ). Just to be clear i am NOT a dev by any means...only another enthusiastic user looking to make a few improvements to his device so i & others may enjoy it more. I guess i should start out by saying that i created this rom for personal use simply so i wouldnt have to individually reapply every mod after a fresh firmware flash...my main motivation in doing so is to add back functions that samsung saw fit to remove from our tab such as the lockscreen widgets & quadview. So, while i will be open to suggestions to make this a better rom, i'm not actually interested in making it "pretty" with cosmetic changes since my first focus will be function over form...however anyone with expertise in theming is more than welcome to create flashable packages if u would like to. The only thing that has been removed is knox but i'm sure u can find a list of apks that are safe to eliminate elsewhere on xda (u can delete the files directly from the zip or uninstall after u flash)...with this being the first version please dont expect anything too fancy so for now just consider this a "stock plus stuff" WIP & with that being said i will now release for the rest of my fellow TAB S owners SuperSamsung V2!

ROM FEATURES! (see screenshots in second post...basic instructions located below photos)
1. Rooted
2. Deodexed
3. BusyBox
4. Init.d
5. Zip-Aligned
6. No Knox (this is the only thing that has been removed...anything else will need to be deleted from the zip or uninstalled after flash)
7. QuadView! (4-way multiwindow found in 12.2 note pro....thx @xperiacle)
8. Lock Screen Widgets! (FINALLY figured out how to re-enable these...thx @Goldie for the info)
9. Assistive Light Widget (adds led flashlight widget...other apps unnecessary)
10. SDfix (apps can now write to external memory...no need for playstore fix)
11. Floating Multiwindow (mysteriously missing along with the ability to rename shortcuts...both have been added back)
12. Stock Widgets in ANY Launcher! (now use the stock samsung magazine widgets in your favorite launcher or on the lockscreen...see pics in post #2 below)
13. Screen Mirror Fix! (no more broken wifi display with custom kernel/recovery...once again thx goes to @esgie)
14. AC3 Sound (can now play movies with ac3 in any video player...thx to @bodivas)
14. MultiWindow Mods (added the ability to use MOST apps in floating mode as well as more than one copy at the same time WITHOUT needing another app...also automatically adds all apps on your device to the availability list)

INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS!
1. Copy rom to device
2. Boot into download mode, flash custom recovery then IMMEDIATELY hold power, volume up & home to boot into cwm/twrp
3. install zip & wipe both caches
4. Open Supersu & when asked to update "su" binay choose "cwm/twrp" method...device will reboot with full root
5. I suggest installing nova launcher & even completely deleting all touchwiz/magazine apks for smoothness/memory purposes...this step is optional
6. If u need 4 way reboot, call & screen recording, volume key music control, or want to add more apps to multiwindow plus a bunch of other stuff then i HIGHLY recommend wanam xposed module...of course this is optional as well

KNOWN ISSUES!
1. lockscreen widgets can only be deleted in portrait orientation
2. music widget has no buttons & gallery widget is blank when used with other launchers

DOWNLOAD SuperSamsung V2 ROM!

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23622183712463223
^TAB S 8.4 WiFi/LTE V2

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23622183712463291
^TAB S 10.5 WiFi/LTE V2

Old V1 links

@UpInTheAir Whats been going on bro...dont know if u remember me but i was the one who ported multiwindow to the tab plus/7.7. Just wanted to touch bases & make this a formal request to include your kernel when u complete it...also i have one feature request if u can find time. Didnt want to pm u because im sure other users have been blowing your inbox up so feel free to send me a message or reply here...whatever is more convienient for u

@edan1979 i remember u being one of the original testers of my multiwindow mod on the P6800 so i just wanted to say thx...i hope that i'm not stepping on any toes by creating another t705 rom but i knew i had one killer feature which users would want (lockscreen widgets) plus a few missing multiwindow extras so i felt the need. So to both u & upintheair i just wanna say....i'm glad we are all on the same device now & look forward to making the most of this tab together
The Following 34 Users Say Thank You to THEDEVIOUS1 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

THEDEVIOUS1
Old
(Last edited by THEDEVIOUS1; 27th August 2014 at 03:08 PM.) Reason: added new V2 pics
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 838

DONATE TO ME
Default here u go guys...a few photos along with basic instructions

LOCKSCREEN WIDGETS
Name:  lockscreen widgets.jpg
Views: 12805
Size:  81.9 KB
this is "hd widgets" being shown on the lockscreen...to add more widgets simply swipe right on your clock & u will see the "plus" icon which brings up the list

FLOATING MULTIWINDOWS
Name:  floating multiwindow.jpg
Views: 12730
Size:  58.5 KB
not sure how no one noticed this was missing but here goes the floating mode...just "tap" the icon in the multiwindow launcher instead of dragging it to create a new movable/resizable app window (please note that not all apps support pop-up/floating view...however this has been modded in V2 so no extra apps are necessary to enable this feature)

QUADVIEW
Name:  quadview mode.jpg
Views: 12661
Size:  70.2 KB
this is the 4-way multiwindow mode also known as "quadview" which was present on the 12.2 inch pro tabs...to set this up just drag 2 apps to split screen as u usually would then drag 2 more to any corner and they will highlight/snap in place. Also...for users who didnt know u can save a shortcut with up to 4 apps by touching the 2 lines at the bottom of the multiwindow bar, pressing create, then naming the combination whatever u would like to call it which will then be located at the top of the launcher when u open it

STOCK WIDGETS IN ANY LAUNCHER
Name:  photocopy.jpg
Views: 8110
Size:  67.6 KB
although this screenshot APPEARS to be a regular magazine home page in the touch wiz launcher if u look a lil closer then you will notice the dock with the app icons...now all of your stock samsung widgets can be used used in the your favorite launcher such nova or apex as well as om the lockscreen

MULTI INSTANCE
Name:  multi-instance.jpg
Views: 8180
Size:  87.3 KB
ok i know what you're thinking...either "exactly how many browser windows do u need" or "how confused are u with all of that contradictory news" As u have guessed...V2 now includes the ability to have more than one copy of the same app open at the same time
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to THEDEVIOUS1 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

edan1979
Old
(Last edited by edan1979; 14th August 2014 at 01:18 AM.)
Thanks Meter 780

DONATE TO ME
i wonder when will you pop up in this section... ^_^ with your custom...

@THEDEVIOUS1
no worry... the more the merrier... ^_^ i just release my normal build since no one does... kind of basic and nothing much.
The Following User Says Thank You to edan1979 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ayenzel
Old
Thanks Meter 21
Hi, I've just tried this rom, I'm still new and how to make the floating windows?
My Love:

#Note II
#Moto G XT1033
#Galaxy Tab S 8.4 LTE
#Nexus 7 2013

riker147
Old
(Last edited by riker147; 14th August 2014 at 04:11 AM.)
Thanks Meter 293
Quote:
Originally Posted by ayenzel View Post
Hi, I've just tried this rom, I'm still new and how to make the floating windows?
This, plus how do I add lock screen widgets. I'm not seeing it in settings.

Edit: Never mind. Figured out the lock screen.

Edit 2: Just saw the directions in post #1 for floating windows. Everything seems to be working fine. Thanks.

Sent from my NCC-1701 using Tapatalk.
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _____________________
Reading Is Fundamental

le0.br4zuc4
Old
Thanks Meter 103

DONATE TO ME
Downloading now. So excited to see ROMs showing up for my 8.4"

Sent from my SM-T700 using Tapatalk
Le0_Br4zUc4 - If you don't have anything nice to say, just shut the **** up!

Current devices:
LTE Galaxy Nexus running AOKP JB M1
LTE Galaxy S3 in running GalaxyMod
LTE Galaxy Note 2 (in search of the perfect ROM)

Former devices:
Too many to post

HazyJMac
Old
Thanks Meter 30
Can't wait to check it out! Having trouble downloading it... Is it just me?

Samsung Galaxy SIII / Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4

kenkiller
Old
Thanks Meter 444
Very nice!!!

glensta
Old
Thanks Meter 223

DONATE TO ME
Thank you Op for the Rom!

My WiFi won't turn on -did a clean flash, rebooted a couple of times. Any help?

If I've helped you - be nice & hit that "Thanks" button

THEDEVIOUS1
Old
(Last edited by THEDEVIOUS1; 14th August 2014 at 03:19 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 838

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ayenzel View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by riker147 View Post
This, plus how do I add lock screen widgets. I'm not seeing it in settings.

Edit: Never mind. Figured out the lock screen.

Edit 2: Just saw the directions in post #1 for floating windows. Everything seems to be working fine. Thanks.

Sent from my NCC-1701 using Tapatalk.
see second post for more info...thx

Quote:
Originally Posted by glensta View Post
Thank you Op for the Rom!

My WiFi won't turn on -did a clean flash, rebooted a couple of times. Any help?
well...i was waiting on that since i had been having bluetooth/wifi issues which prevented me from releasing the rom earlier. Most important question...which device are u using (size & type)? One quick fix may be to change the "securestorage" setting in the build prop from "false" back to "true"...it may be that your modem/kernel dont match the rest of the rom which would mean u need to flash the NG2 stock odin firmware before u flash SuperSamsung. Also...which recovery are u using just out of curiosity?

The Following User Says Thank You to THEDEVIOUS1 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
10.5, 8.4, lockscreen widgets, quadview, tab s