FORUMS

[ROM][KITKAT][UNOFFICIAL] Cyanogenmod 11 for SM-T805 LTE 16gb

20 posts
Thanks Meter: 53

By andyt12, Junior Member on 28th February 2015, 01:33 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
This is a Cyangenomod rom for 10.5 Galaxy TAB S SM-T805 LTE.

Ive built this from nvertigo67 tree for SM-T800 so he deserves all the credit.

25/03/15 Updated
  • Switched to nvertigo67 current-12.0 kernel
  • Fixed Kodi/XBMC touch issue
  • Changed from google to samsung MTP driver.
21/03/15 Update, fixed Phone call audio only coming through left speaker
20/03/15 Update, fixed Dialer crash.
19/03/15 Updated, fixed a few issues.
  • Power off charging is now working
  • Reboot recovery is working, I did have to edit the java code to make this work, seems a recent change in CM caused this, possibly a bug in cm?
  • Wifi hotspot fixed.
  • Added f2fs support to kernel, recovery also updated, have not fully tested changing filesystem to f2fs. Edit. Seems like it will require a special built rom and recovery to work, I will look at this when I start running out of bugs to fix
  • Many other minor fixes.
Not Working:
In call audio only coming through left speaker
Dialer app chashing on making or receiving a call
Power off charging, boots into recovery.
Advanced reboot menu, wont reboot into recovery, though adb reboot recovery works. Not sure whats going on here.
Modem/Radio, wanted to get the rom working first and will now continue to get the radio up.
Camera, This could be a bug in CM from what I have googled. edit There is a fix, link down beow.

I find this tablet is so much better with this ROM , like many I hate Samsung's TouchWiz. Everything is so much smoother and responsive now.

To Install:
Flash TWRP Recovery First with odin, Follow this Cf-Autoroot guide and substitute CF-Auto-Root.tar with my recovery TWRP_SM-T805.tar downloaded from my google drive.
Once recovery is installed transfer the CM11 rom zip to your internal sdcard, also grab GAPPS http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Google_Apps and have that on your SD card also,
Optional grab supersu also.
Boot into recovery by powering off and holding down home, volume up and power till recovery starts.
Once in TWRP Recovery pick Install, choose the rom and gapps to install at the same time. Flash
After install finished we need to do a wipe, so go back to the main screen and choose wipe.
Reboot, Good luck.

I don't have a lot of time to answer questions, I will do my best to check back regularly.

Here is my github, It is upto date with my builds now. https://github.com/Andrewt12 )

The usual disclaimer apply's. No warranty, I accept no responsibility if the rom causes you and you tablet any harm. Flash at your own risk, ect.

cm-11-20150323-UNOFFICIAL-chagalllte.zip
cm-11-20150323-UNOFFICIAL-chagalllte.zip.md5

TWRP
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9J...ew?usp=sharing
Last edited by andyt12; 24th March 2015 at 10:54 PM.
The Following 23 Users Say Thank You to andyt12 For This Useful Post: [ View ]

28th February 2015, 01:38 AM |#2  
Flag Columbus
Thanks Meter: 1,666

More
Deleted
Deleted
Last edited by DUHAsianSKILLZ; 11th March 2015 at 06:55 PM.
1st March 2015, 11:04 AM |#3  
Flag Kristiansand
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Thumbs up
awesome Ive been waiting for something like this..
1st March 2015, 04:30 PM |#4  
Flag Manila
Thanks Meter: 110

More
How bout t705? 😢
The Following User Says Thank You to LoVeRice For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st March 2015, 05:59 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
all things are good in this rom can anyone verify this please
3rd March 2015, 11:24 AM |#6  

More
Cant install it can someone tell me steps on installinh it please
3rd March 2015, 12:09 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 2,088

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyt12

This is a Cyangenomod rom for 10.5 Galaxy TAB S SM-T805 LTE.

Ive built this from nvertigo67 tree for SM-T800 so he deserves all the credit.

Not Working:
Modem/Radio, wanted to get the rom working first and will now continue to get the radio up.
Camera, This could be a bug in CM from what I have googled. edit There is a fix, link down beow.

This tablet is to much better with this ROM , like many I cant stand Samsung's TouchWiz. Everything is so smooth and responsive now. If Samsung bought this tablet out with AOSP it would be a sure winner.

To Install:
Flash TWRP Recovery First with odin, I use 3.07, the one that comes with CF-Auto-root. Then flash the cm from recovery.

I dont have a lot of time to answer questions, I will do my best to check back regularly.

I will provide the source to my changes in a few days.

The usual disclaimer apply's. No warranty, I accept no responsibility if the rom causes you and you tablet any harm. Flash at your own risk, ect.

Cant post links, copy and paste
drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B9JsCrp0SHzbajdLdGZUVEhRTzA&usp=sha ring
Camera Fix http://forum.xda-developers.com/gala...-roms-t2505973

For camera take a look at the last 4 commits (the reverts) from here: https://github.com/nvertigo/android_...ommits/cm-11.0

I'm so involved in cm12 developing that I don't know if you can just use my repo, or if you have to rebase/reaply, but that is what breaks camerawraper on our device. The opting out like on picasso don't work for chagallwifi, so I think chagalllte suffers from the same issue. Hope this helps.
The Following User Says Thank You to nvertigo67 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th March 2015, 11:54 PM |#8  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 53

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvertigo67

For camera take a look at the last 4 commits (the reverts) from here: https://github.com/nvertigo/android_...ommits/cm-11.0

I'm so involved in cm12 developing that I don't know if you can just use my repo, or if you have to rebase/reaply, but that is what breaks camerawraper on our device. The opting out like on picasso don't work for chagallwifi, so I think chagalllte suffers from the same issue. Hope this helps.

@nvertigo67, Thanks, that should help me get the Camera issue sorted. Good work btw, this rom is very stable.

@all, I have the modem working now. Calls and data are working. In the next few days I will post an updated rom and device files on github. I will also post clearer install instructions

@LoVeRice, Unsure about the t705, It could be mostly the same but may have small differences, I will download a stock rom when I get a chance and have a look.
Last edited by andyt12; 5th March 2015 at 12:02 AM.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to andyt12 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th March 2015, 08:16 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 2,088

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

@nvertigo67, Thanks, that should help me get the Camera issue sorted. Good work btw, this rom is very stable.

@all, I have the modem working now. Calls and data are working. In the next few days I will post an updated rom and device files on github. I will also post clearer install instructions

@LoVeRice, Unsure about the t705, It could be mostly the same but may have small differences, I will download a stock rom when I get a chance and have a look.

Congrats. Getting voice and data working is a great job! For klimtlte: chagallwifi and klimtwifi differ subtile, but they DIFFER (i.e. sound, capacitive keys). If you really want to try klimtlte too, you should have a look at @eousphoros gits.
5th March 2015, 10:55 AM |#10  
Flag Near Lago Maggiore - Italy
Thanks Meter: 11

More
.... very good. Waiting to put new version on my T-805..
Thanks a lot!

Quote:

5th March 2015, 11:22 PM |#11  

More
Hi,
I have tested this ROM for T805 and I have problems in TWRP. I cant install this ROM it comes with Error " This package is for device: chagalllte; this Device is chagallwifi / E:Error executing updater binary in zip '/external_sd/.............. ". My Twrp is 2.8.5.0 the newest for this Tab . I have an screenshot .... is this an Problem with Twrp or is this incompatible for my Tab ? I have defenitif an Tab S 10.5 LTE T805

Errormassage: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1j...ew?usp=sharing
My Tab: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B1jr...p=docslist_api
Last edited by meexx; 5th March 2015 at 11:27 PM.

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)