Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[T800/T805][PORT][CWM] PhilZ Touch Recovery 6.58.7 build07a 22/12

OP ykkfive

17th December 2014, 04:10 PM   |  #71  
Ts_sT's Avatar
Junior Member
Flag Stuttgart
Thanks Meter: 2
 
13 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2014
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ykkfive

cool. can you pls test this one first by getting the tar version and flash it in odin? coz ppl claimed the old version works but no news for newer version. actually 800 and 805 should be the same in recovery

thanks

i did it. i own the t805 version of the tab and so far i used the philz_touch6.56.2-T805-build03a.tar. but after it repeatedly froze during backup/restore-jobs i decided to flash the philz_touch6.57.8-T800-build07.tar.md5

to my surprise it seems to be much faster (as far i can remember) and both backup/restore worked perfectly. didnt test external sd though.
17th December 2014, 04:26 PM   |  #72  
OP Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 1,179
 
1,732 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2010
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ts_sT

i did it. i own the t805 version of the tab and so far i used the philz_touch6.56.2-T805-build03a.tar. but after it repeatedly froze during backup/restore-jobs i decided to flash the philz_touch6.57.8-T800-build07.tar.md5

to my surprise it seems to be much faster (as far i can remember) and both backup/restore worked perfectly. didnt test external sd though.

thanks a lot, that's a good news for t805 users

and if it boots and able to perform backup and restore, there should be no problem with the extsd since it's tge same as t800

once again, thanks for your feedback
17th December 2014, 05:14 PM   |  #73  
Ts_sT's Avatar
Junior Member
Flag Stuttgart
Thanks Meter: 2
 
13 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2014
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ykkfive

thanks a lot, that's a good news for t805 users

especially as there are not too many good news for t805 users - it seems like virtually everyone is developing only for t800 version

btw. using the build03a-t805 i wasnt able to format ext4 -> f2fs. now using the build07-t800 it worked perfectly

edit: i forgot to thank you for porting cwm to the t805. Great Work!
Last edited by Ts_sT; 17th December 2014 at 05:20 PM.
17th December 2014, 05:48 PM   |  #74  
OP Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 1,179
 
1,732 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2010
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ts_sT

especially as there are not too many good news for t805 users - it seems like virtually everyone is developing only for t800 version

btw. using the build03a-t805 i wasnt able to format ext4 -> f2fs. now using the build07-t800 it worked perfectly

edit: i forgot to thank you for porting cwm to the t805. Great Work!


maybe most ppl prefer the wifi version since the lte model is quite expensive with that extra sim slot, i was looking for a cheaper t805 before also but missed a chance and opted to go for the t800

yeah, if i remember correctly, the f2fs was not included in some of the previous versions. it was my mistake, i thought i have made it but i had not. but its re-added after i realized it was missing

thanks, enjoy
The Following User Says Thank You to ykkfive For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Yesterday, 06:47 AM   |  #75  
osteotom's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
43 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2010
Good job ykkfive! I flashed last 6.57.8 version by Odin on my T805 and I can confirm that everything is correct/backup and recovery/.Backup done on Sandisc 32 GB formated exFat.No freezes,no problems.Number of version shown in recovery is ... 6.58.7 not 6.57.8... Thank you very much for this port !!!
Yesterday, 02:04 PM   |  #76  
OP Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 1,179
 
1,732 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2010
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by osteotom

Good job ykkfive! I flashed last 6.57.8 version by Odin on my T805 and I can confirm that everything is correct/backup and recovery/.Backup done on Sandisc 32 GB formated exFat.No freezes,no problems.Number of version shown in recovery is ... 6.58.7 not 6.57.8... Thank you very much for this port !!!

thank you so much for reporting it works with t805, as well as exfat

also thanks for pointing out the correct version number
Yesterday, 05:36 PM   |  #77  
OP Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 1,179
 
1,732 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2010
Donate to Me
update

20141222 build07a SM-T800 and SM-T805
- corrected philz version in file name
- unified version for SM-T800 and SM-T805 philz version 6.58.7 build07
- no other changes made (no need to update if you have build07 already)

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
chagall, philz recovery, t800, t805, tab s
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes