FORUMS

PSA: You Can Optimize Your Note 4’s Recents Menu & RAM

The Note 4 never had the fastest Recents Menu, and despite its 3GB of RAM, … more

XDA Picks: Best Apps of the Week (July 25 – Aug 1)

Apps are at the front and center of any smartphone experience, and with over a … more

Voices Of XDA: Orbiting The Earth With Android

Editor’s note: This week’s feature has been written by forum … more

CloudPlayer: DIY HiFi Music Streaming Solution

In our Helpful Guide to Music Streaming Services, we mentioned several different services … more

TWRP-2.8.6.0 recovery mod(fix)

1,870 posts
Thanks Meter: 780
 
By ashyx, Senior Member on 28th March 2015, 10:54 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
NOTE: Testers no longer required, now confirmed working for both kitkat and lollipop

This is for the T800/T805/T807 Exynos version only


Basically I have fixed some issues with the official build:

It is not possible to get root access to the shell with adb in the official version, you will get an error. I have fixed this as it is important for adb to be able to get shell access, you never know when it might be needed.

The reboot options have been corrected to change the reboot option from BOOTLOADER to DOWNLOAD . Reboot to Download mode now works.

TWRP still uses outdated Supersu and root files, so I have updated these to the latest versions.


Please use Odin 10.6 for installing: Odin 10.6

unofficial-twrp-2.8.6.0-chagall.tar
Last edited by ashyx; 6th April 2015 at 10:41 PM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ashyx For This Useful Post: [ View ]
 
 
29th March 2015, 09:19 PM |#2  
ashyx's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 780
 
More
Anybody? just 2mins of your time. It won't brick your device. If it flashes with Odin and doesn't boot just reflash the official twrp or stock recovery.
29th March 2015, 10:01 PM |#3  
DUHAsianSKILLZ's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Columbus
Thanks Meter: 1,464
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashyx

Anybody? just 2mins of your time. It won't brick your device. If it flashes with Odin and doesn't boot just reflash the official twrp or stock recovery.

Had some time before I do chores Fails in odin and flashify. In odin it would say name write start... then fail! And yet official twrp flashes fine
The Following User Says Thank You to DUHAsianSKILLZ For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th March 2015, 10:06 PM |#4  
ashyx's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 780
 
More
Right this is silly. I'm gonna do a simple repack of the official twrp, no changes. Can you test that? If that fails then at least I know where the problem lies!
29th March 2015, 10:10 PM |#5  
DUHAsianSKILLZ's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Columbus
Thanks Meter: 1,464
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashyx

Right this is silly. I'm gonna do a simple repack of the official twrp, no changes. Can you test that? If that fails then at least I know where the problem lies!

Yep sure can!
The Following User Says Thank You to DUHAsianSKILLZ For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th March 2015, 11:24 PM |#6  
ashyx's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 780
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DUHAsianSKILLZ

Yep sure can!

ok here you go.
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=95916177934548161
29th March 2015, 11:54 PM |#7  
DUHAsianSKILLZ's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Columbus
Thanks Meter: 1,464
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashyx

ok here you go.
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=95916177934548161

Works!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1427669689529.jpg
Views:	586
Size:	41.3 KB
ID:	3235543  
The Following User Says Thank You to DUHAsianSKILLZ For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th March 2015, 12:15 AM |#8  
ashyx's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 780
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DUHAsianSKILLZ

Works!

Good stuff, I have a feeling the lollipop update has changed the size of the recovery partition which is why it was being rejected.

If the link below works then I will see if I can reduce the size, but could really need to know what size the new partition is.

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=95916177934548184
The Following User Says Thank You to ashyx For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th March 2015, 12:30 AM |#9  
DUHAsianSKILLZ's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Columbus
Thanks Meter: 1,464
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashyx

Good stuff, I have a feeling the lollipop update has changed the size of the recovery partition which is why it was being rejected.

If the link below works then I will see if I can reduce the size, but could really need to know what size the new partition is.

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=95916177934548184

Yep this one works also. Rebooting into download mode from twrp works fine. Seems to be the one!
30th March 2015, 12:34 AM |#10  
ashyx's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 780
 
More
Great, looks like we've discovered the problem. Just need to fix the adb shell issue and if size allows update supersu. Thanks your a great help. I'll update tomorrow.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ashyx For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th March 2015, 02:59 AM |#11  
Eliminater74's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Clearwater
Thanks Meter: 1,368
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashyx

Great, looks like we've discovered the problem. Just need to fix the adb shell issue and if size allows update supersu. Thanks your a great help. I'll update tomorrow.

When you post the update tomorrow, or whenever you post it. Ill give it a try. Sorry I couldnt be much help on the testing stage at this time. I have been so busy with my own mods that I dont have much time for others at the time.
But I will try it out on your next update.. for sure... thanks for your support on this Machine...
The Following User Says Thank You to Eliminater74 For This Useful Post: [ View ]

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes