Lollipop
It runs on Android 5.02 ?

8th August 2015, 12:03 AM |#32  
Flag Lyon
Thanks Meter: 25

More
Works for Recovery only
Hello,
I have been looking for this since some time. I tried the zip, and it works OK to reboot into Recovery, but if I choose Download/Odin mode, then it just reboots.
I am running TW 4.4.2 on SM-T800 (Galaxy Tab S) rooted, deodexed and deknoxed.
Maybe can some one fix this? Or is there a tutorial to do this? Thanks anyway.
13th August 2015, 09:51 PM |#33  
Flag Lyon
Thanks Meter: 25

More
Hello,

Although I said in my previous post that this mod was working for me, my SM-T800 was unstable.

So, I decompiled android.policy.jar from my rom, and recompiled with your GlobalActions$99$1.smali, GlobalActions$99$2.smali, GlobalActions$99.smali and GlobalActions$SinglePressAction.smali.
(I edited GlobalActions.smali by changing $8 to $99 in two positions, too)

Now, the device is very stable, and it boots into Recovery without any problem, but when I choose Download/Odin, it does not go into Download mode but it just reboots, as before.

I have a Note 2 with 4.4.2 with extended reboot menu, which does reboot into download mode. As I thought the secret is in GlobalActions$99.smali, I compared the files from the two devices, but I don't understand much.

Can you help me to solve the issue? I am attaching my android.policy.jar and public.xml from framework-res.apk (If I understand well, public..xml is useful to check ids...)

The attached android.policy.jar is from and works with T800XXU1ANH1_T800OXA1ANH1_XEF( (rooted, deodexed and deknoxed with Archi Kitchen. Thank you), but rebooting into download//Odin does not work.

I would really appreciate any help.
Attached Files
File Type: zip files.zip - [Click for QR Code] (392.5 KB, 0 views)
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)