Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,768,101 Members 43,796 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

8.4 & 10.5 battery life results.

Tip us?
 
Repoman123
Old
#121  
Repoman123's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 14
Posts: 134
Join Date: Aug 2012
I find that my tablet battery is poor too. Reading this thread has made me feel so much better about my tablet. Standard rom no modifications. Lte version 8.4.

I get no more than 2 hours screen time and about 18 hours until I need to charge the battery again.

Some interesting observations, playing hay day absolutely kills my battery, I was watching 1440p videos and reading xda for ages from 20% battery life. Then I opened hay day for 1 minute and the message appeared that my battery was low. 30 seconds later the next message appeared to say my battery went from low to critical and the screen dims and if I don't plug my tablet in within a minute the battery dies and tablet turns off. Mega annoying.

I only ever charge my battery when it is less than 10% and leave it until it's fully charged.

Sent from my SM-T705 using XDA Free mobile app
 
slackerz_86
Old
#122  
slackerz_86's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 27
Posts: 235
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Singapore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repoman123 View Post
I find that my tablet battery is poor too. Reading this thread has made me feel so much better about my tablet. Standard rom no modifications. Lte version 8.4.

I get no more than 2 hours screen time and about 18 hours until I need to charge the battery again.

Some interesting observations, playing hay day absolutely kills my battery, I was watching 1440p videos and reading xda for ages from 20% battery life. Then I opened hay day for 1 minute and the message appeared that my battery was low. 30 seconds later the next message appeared to say my battery went from low to critical and the screen dims and if I don't plug my tablet in within a minute the battery dies and tablet turns off. Mega annoying.

I only ever charge my battery when it is less than 10% and leave it until it's fully charged.

Sent from my SM-T705 using XDA Free mobile app
Gonna sell off this tab. Seems battery life sucks....

Device: Note 3 (N9005) SnapDragon
Rom: Stock N9005DXUENE4 XSP
Kernel: SneakyKat 2.7 Xtreme
 
hung2900
Old
#123  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 79
Posts: 275
Join Date: Apr 2012
Somebody please keep calm. Most of Samsung flagship devices I had (and read xda battery topic) have idle problem at the beginning. Fix by updates, ROM or even doing nothing.

Anothing is that my friend he has the tab 10.5. He told me that without the power saving mode battery is ~6h screen on time but with that mode it will be 9-10h screen on time. Anybody can check this?
 
CyberManiaK
Old
#124  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 33
Posts: 256
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by hung2900 View Post
Somebody please keep calm. Most of Samsung flagship devices I had (and read xda battery topic) have idle problem at the beginning. Fix by updates, ROM or even doing nothing.

Anothing is that my friend he has the tab 10.5. He told me that without the power saving mode battery is ~6h screen on time but with that mode it will be 9-10h screen on time. Anybody can check this?
At what brightness ?
 
hung2900
Old
#125  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 79
Posts: 275
Join Date: Apr 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberManiaK View Post
At what brightness ?
If I were not wrong he said mostly medium brightness (indoor)
 
CyberManiaK
Old
#126  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 33
Posts: 256
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by hung2900 View Post
If I were not wrong he said mostly medium brightness (indoor)
Well mine is the 10.5 and right now has 50% battery 4h 42min screen time an brightness is around 30~35% , and i don't have the power saving mode enabled.
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes