Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

8.4 & 10.5 battery life results.

OP simacca

18th December 2014, 04:05 AM   |  #321  
DUHAsianSKILLZ's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Columbus
Thanks Meter: 158
 
663 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2014
More
I get 9 hours screen on time with brightness set manually to 1/4 and tweaked CPUs with skyhigh kernel.
18th December 2014, 12:57 PM   |  #322  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
3 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2014
Hello guys!

I bought my tab s 8.4 wifi only 3 days ago. Not too impressed with battery life. Standby time is pretty awesome, but non-heavy web browsing with brightness manually set to 1/5 and all the draining settings turned off wastes 1% every 3 minutes. That makes 20% every hour. Or about 5 hours to drain the whole battery. I can return it and get a new one until january 11th, but I'd like to have your opinion on my numbers! Do these look ok to you? Or should I risk it and try a new one? Also, are batteries supposed to get better after some charging cycles? I only charged mine 3 times.
Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-12-18-11-55-43.png
Views:	96
Size:	179.8 KB
ID:	3070281   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-12-18-11-55-24.png
Views:	92
Size:	194.3 KB
ID:	3070282  
18th December 2014, 02:50 PM   |  #323  
DUHAsianSKILLZ's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Columbus
Thanks Meter: 158
 
663 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2014
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by oscarafonso

Hello guys!

I bought my tab s 8.4 wifi only 3 days ago. Not too impressed with battery life. Standby time is pretty awesome, but non-heavy web browsing with brightness manually set to 1/5 and all the draining settings turned off wastes 1% every 3 minutes. That makes 20% every hour. Or about 5 hours to drain the whole battery. I can return it and get a new one until january 11th, but I'd like to have your opinion on my numbers! Do these look ok to you? Or should I risk it and try a new one? Also, are batteries supposed to get better after some charging cycles? I only charged mine 3 times.
Thanks!

Yes battery improves after a few charges. Try to full charge it and leave the screen on the whole day till it reaches 4%. It will give a more accurate result of your battery.
The Following User Says Thank You to DUHAsianSKILLZ For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Yesterday, 12:01 AM   |  #324  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
3 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2014
Thanks! Considering I made only 3 charges (a "small" one out of the box (60 to 100%), another one from 40% to 100%, and a full discharge to 100%), do these numbers seem normal for now? It would be cool if I could reach 15%/hour of web browsing.
Yesterday, 01:04 AM   |  #325  
DUHAsianSKILLZ's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Columbus
Thanks Meter: 158
 
663 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2014
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by oscarafonso

Thanks! Considering I made only 3 charges (a "small" one out of the box (60 to 100%), another one from 40% to 100%, and a full discharge to 100%), do these numbers seem normal for now? It would be cool if I could reach 15%/hour of web browsing.

From what I found out, every 5 minutes, it drains 1 percent. If my math is right, 12percent of battery drains every hour. Depending that the broswer your using, it should be about 15percent drain every hour. Those numbers seem fine to me also.
Yesterday, 01:54 AM   |  #326  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
3 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by DUHAsianSKILLZ

From what I found out, every 5 minutes, it drains 1 percent. If my math is right, 12percent of battery drains every hour. Depending that the broswer your using, it should be about 15percent drain every hour. Those numbers seem fine to me also.

I'm getting 20 percent every hour, still a long way to go :/ Anyway, if I don't get to about 15 percent in two weeks, maybe I'll return it and try a new one.
Yesterday, 12:27 PM   |  #327  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
8 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2011
Hi Guys.
Also got mine 4 days ago.
Battery use is around 5 Hours scrren time - Web Browsing, Reddit etc , no games

My good old Galaxy S4 gets 4 hours.

Love the tablet though, very happy with it, just which it lasted longer.
Today, 01:42 AM   |  #328  
Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
31 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2014
it will get better over more charge cycles. Mine only got like 4 SOT when I first bought it. Hope you are enjoying it so far!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 4 using Tapatalk

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes