No registration required

8.4 & 10.5 battery life results.

OP simacca

18th December 2014, 04:05 AM   |  #321  
Flag Columbus
Thanks Meter: 158

663 posts
More
I get 9 hours screen on time with brightness set manually to 1/4 and tweaked CPUs with skyhigh kernel.
18th December 2014, 12:57 PM   |  #322  
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
Hello guys!

I bought my tab s 8.4 wifi only 3 days ago. Not too impressed with battery life. Standby time is pretty awesome, but non-heavy web browsing with brightness manually set to 1/5 and all the draining settings turned off wastes 1% every 3 minutes. That makes 20% every hour. Or about 5 hours to drain the whole battery. I can return it and get a new one until january 11th, but I'd like to have your opinion on my numbers! Do these look ok to you? Or should I risk it and try a new one? Also, are batteries supposed to get better after some charging cycles? I only charged mine 3 times.
Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-12-18-11-55-43.png
Views:	96
Size:	179.8 KB
ID:	3070281   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-12-18-11-55-24.png
Views:	92
Size:	194.3 KB
ID:	3070282  
18th December 2014, 02:50 PM   |  #323  
Flag Columbus

663 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by oscarafonso

Hello guys!

I bought my tab s 8.4 wifi only 3 days ago. Not too impressed with battery life. Standby time is pretty awesome, but non-heavy web browsing with brightness manually set to 1/5 and all the draining settings turned off wastes 1% every 3 minutes. That makes 20% every hour. Or about 5 hours to drain the whole battery. I can return it and get a new one until january 11th, but I'd like to have your opinion on my numbers! Do these look ok to you? Or should I risk it and try a new one? Also, are batteries supposed to get better after some charging cycles? I only charged mine 3 times.
Thanks!

Yes battery improves after a few charges. Try to full charge it and leave the screen on the whole day till it reaches 4%. It will give a more accurate result of your battery.
The Following User Says Thank You to DUHAsianSKILLZ For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Yesterday, 12:01 AM   |  #324  

3 posts
Thanks! Considering I made only 3 charges (a "small" one out of the box (60 to 100%), another one from 40% to 100%, and a full discharge to 100%), do these numbers seem normal for now? It would be cool if I could reach 15%/hour of web browsing.
Yesterday, 01:04 AM   |  #325  
Flag Columbus

663 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by oscarafonso

Thanks! Considering I made only 3 charges (a "small" one out of the box (60 to 100%), another one from 40% to 100%, and a full discharge to 100%), do these numbers seem normal for now? It would be cool if I could reach 15%/hour of web browsing.

From what I found out, every 5 minutes, it drains 1 percent. If my math is right, 12percent of battery drains every hour. Depending that the broswer your using, it should be about 15percent drain every hour. Those numbers seem fine to me also.
Yesterday, 01:54 AM   |  #326  

3 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DUHAsianSKILLZ

From what I found out, every 5 minutes, it drains 1 percent. If my math is right, 12percent of battery drains every hour. Depending that the broswer your using, it should be about 15percent drain every hour. Those numbers seem fine to me also.

I'm getting 20 percent every hour, still a long way to go :/ Anyway, if I don't get to about 15 percent in two weeks, maybe I'll return it and try a new one.
Yesterday, 12:27 PM   |  #327  

8 posts
Hi Guys.
Also got mine 4 days ago.
Battery use is around 5 Hours scrren time - Web Browsing, Reddit etc , no games

My good old Galaxy S4 gets 4 hours.

Love the tablet though, very happy with it, just which it lasted longer.
Today, 01:42 AM   |  #328  
Thanks Meter: 3

31 posts
it will get better over more charge cycles. Mine only got like 4 SOT when I first bought it. Hope you are enjoying it so far!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 4 using Tapatalk

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread