Open War for Open Android: Antitrust for Cyanogen?

Android and openness is something we talk about all the time, but the recent … more

What Do You Do with All of Your Old Photos?

Smartphone cameras have advanced so tremendously over the past few years that they have … more

Diving into the April 2015 Material Design Update

Before the release of Android 5.0 Lollipop, the Holo Design guidelines served as the … more

New Cyanogen Partnerships Bring Privacy Concerns

New Privacy concerns have emerged regarding Cyanogen’s latest announcements, … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

8.4 & 10.5 battery life results.

30th March 2015, 04:13 PM |#471  
Flag Davao City
Thanks Meter: 12

211 posts
Thumbs down my battery usage
heres a screen shot of my battery usage. .I've been using it just for a week
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2015-03-27-23-07-17.jpg
Views:	666
Size:	222.7 KB
ID:	3236522   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2015-03-27-23-07-35.png
Views:	674
Size:	210.5 KB
ID:	3236523  

30th March 2015, 08:50 PM |#472  
Flag South Shields
Thanks Meter: 129

974 posts
Talking
Has anybody tried the pixel battery savers, they put a fine mesh pattern on the screen, the darker the mesh the more battery power you save, I have mine set to medium and when watching video`s the screen is still bright and as long as you are not right up to the screen you can barley see the mesh, it`s got to be better than samsung`s grayscale mode.

People with bad battery life need to check for apps that are using a lot of power, a simple cpu gauge can warn you of an app going bad if the cpu usage is high and the tablet is not being used, you can go to the apps in setting and see which one is using all the power and kill or remove it.

Also if you use an alarm on your tablet, it can stop it from going to sleep.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...erysaver&hl=en

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...erysaver&hl=en

For thouse who are rooted and loose battery life when the tablet sleeps try the app below, it controls the cpu and forces it to sleep, I used the sluberer setting.

John.
11th April 2015, 04:01 PM |#473  
Flag Cardiff
Thanks Meter: 6

122 posts
More
I was looking at getting the 8.4 to replace my LG G Pad 8.3, which I sold because battery life was poor, but looking over this thread the battery life on the 8.4 seems a bit of a mixed bag. Some people are getting 7hrs+ of screen-on time, and others seems to be reporting about 2-3hrs before it dies. I'm not sure who to believe! I don't really want to spend 250 and find out I've got another LG G Pad on my hand. :/

On the whole the it'll be used mainly for media viewing on flights, as well as a bit of light internetting. I don't go crazy with apps on the tablet so it'll only be Google service syncing, and probably 10min updates on Plume. What sort of screen-on time do people reckon I may get?
11th April 2015, 07:25 PM |#474  
Flag Columbus
Thanks Meter: 868

1,838 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sionyboy

I was looking at getting the 8.4 to replace my LG G Pad 8.3, which I sold because battery life was poor, but looking over this thread the battery life on the 8.4 seems a bit of a mixed bag. Some people are getting 7hrs+ of screen-on time, and others seems to be reporting about 2-3hrs before it dies. I'm not sure who to believe! I don't really want to spend 250 and find out I've got another LG G Pad on my hand. :/

On the whole the it'll be used mainly for media viewing on flights, as well as a bit of light internetting. I don't go crazy with apps on the tablet so it'll only be Google service syncing, and probably 10min updates on Plume. What sort of screen-on time do people reckon I may get?

If your brightness isn't at 50% or higher, then you should get about 5-7ish. I keep my brightness typically at 1/4 bright since amoled is really bright. Of course I own the 10.5 WiFi and yeah.. I'm one of those people who like 9+ screen on time..

-DUHA
12th April 2015, 03:48 PM |#475  
Thanks Meter: 0

23 posts
More
So does the 10.5 tablet inhibit that much more battery life than the 8.4 model or it's about the same? Also what is everyone's experience with media playback with their own video files with movies and shows and such forth. Could anyone care to provide some results?
15th April 2015, 02:33 PM |#476  
Thanks Meter: 2

15 posts
Might depend on what you are doing...
I notice drastically different battery life depending on what I am doing on the tablet. If I am just watching a movie, the battery goes on and on... But if I am playing a game, then it dies in a few hours. I have read of bugs in Android 4.4.* related to some battery issues that have gotten resolved in 5.+ I am crossing my fingers that things will see an improvement when moving to Android 5.

In the above times, it does not seem to really related to brightness either. And Youtube acts like the games in it's battery usage.

Fun fun....
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread