FORUMS

Galaxy S6 & Edge get €100 Price Cut—New Models Incoming

Samsung has dropped the price of both the Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge by … more

How To Port Fully Featured Sony Xperia Z4 Camera

Xperia Z4’s hardware may not impress, but its software is definitely … more

Experimental TWRP Available For Moto G 2015

XDA Senior Member squid2 has posted experimental builds of TWRP for the Moto G … more

Sunday Debate: How Can We Get a No-Compromise Phone?

Join us in a fun Sunday Debate on Compromises. Come with your opinions and … more

8.4 & 10.5 battery life results.

1,083 posts
Thanks Meter: 162

By simacca, Senior Member on 8th July 2014, 10:35 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
16th July 2015, 06:14 AM |#501  
Flag Quezon City, Philippines
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DUHAsianSKILLZ

Your pictures are kind of blurry but i think It saids 5 hours screen on time. Looks great!

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

Really! Thanks I created this account solely just to ask if my battery stats are good... (using the tab now wifi on and downloading gangstar vegas SOT as of now is 3hrs 30mins @ 28 %) oh and sorry for the blurry pics it's my 1st time here at XDA hehhehe
Last edited by FGB28X; 16th July 2015 at 06:15 AM. Reason: Forgot something

16th July 2015, 09:22 AM |#502  
Flag South Shields, England
Thanks Meter: 184

More
The problem with the screen on time, it does not show at what brightness the screen was at, it might have been at 10% all the time, 5hrs would not be that long in that case, I leave my britghtness at auto -5 , and a screen filter app if i need it darker for viewing at night.

I wish there was an version of the play store that had night mode, all, that white eats the battery.

My screen on time is 7H33M

John.
Last edited by Tinderbox (UK); 16th July 2015 at 09:25 AM.
16th July 2015, 11:00 AM |#503  
Thanks Meter: 69

More
You may find this strange but I'm getting consistent between 9h to 10h Screen On Time (I use it indoors only), during 3/4 days of use. I have TAB S 8.4 T700, on lollipop without any lag.
16th July 2015, 11:31 AM |#504  

More
The 8.4" Tablet display is supposedly quite a bit more efficient than the one in the 10.5" , owners who have LTE version of the tablet have a much harder time with battery life due to the power the cell transceiver uses, the weaker your cell signal the more power your tablet need to use to get a good connection.

John.
18th July 2015, 08:10 AM |#505  
Thanks Meter: 19

More
Battery Full comparison LL to KK
Does LL lower the battery drain compared to 4.4.2. Please report
18th July 2015, 06:08 PM |#506  
Thanks Meter: 69

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gggg

Does LL lower the battery drain compared to 4.4.2. Please report

I find LP slightly better, but it's hard to tell, try for yourself.
19th July 2015, 02:12 PM |#507  
Flag Quezon City, Philippines

More
Ok so i tried prying the back cover with a credit card but no luck .. cause i wasnt able to get the back cover fully out i mean all of the sides are already opened i think theres something holding the back cover to the middle part and i am scared to force it open so i just returned back the cover .. now i am scared that the credit card might have hit something inside and damage something so far no errors or etc...) so should i continue to pry it open or not ? (Am getting 4 hrs and 50 mins SOT right now @ 18 % I used the tab for playing ppsspp and dungeon hunter 4 for 4hrs and 50 mins straight but mostly ppsspp.. hehehe so idk if i should reseat the connector or not ) thanks guys and sorry for the long post .
19th July 2015, 02:47 PM |#508  

More
The links below show how to replace the battery in the T800 and T700, the pry tool used in the video can be bought from ebay for 1

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Double-Hea...item3cdb17d1b8

https://www.newpower99.com/Samsung_G...-s-sm-t800.htm

https://www.newpower99.com/Samsung_G...-8.4smt700.htm

John.
22nd July 2015, 04:24 AM |#509  

More
Hi guys. I created an account just to post here.

I bought tab s 8.4 last year. Since December, I had been struggling with a lot of problems related to battery performance which are:
  • random restarts
  • screen flickers
  • battery drop from 80% to 20% in less than a minute
  • 3g signal missing

After reading a lot of online articles about Tab S battery issues, i found out that there is a problem on its connector from the battery to the main board. Apparently the connector cable is quite loose and is prone to shaking. Some suggested that I opened the back case and tighten the cables with a folded paper. I did it but the issue was not solved.

About two weeks ago I took it to a service center nearby. After consulting my tab s problems the customer service officer told me that there were several others who had similar problems AFTER upgrading the firmware via OTA auto-update. I myself had updated my tab s twice; 1st one around November (kitkat update), and 2nd in May (lollipop upgrade).

She confirmed that there is indeed a problem for tab S battery connector that comes out of the box when you purchase tab S. The connector is too thin and is very easy to fail even from slightly touching the screen. So she took my tab s for an hour, replaced the battery connector with a new one which she claimed to be thicker, and reinstalled the May lollipop update. Since then I have never had any problem, and my battery performance is very satisfying.
22nd July 2015, 10:34 AM |#510  

More
So it`s an software and hardware fault, great, thanks Samsung.

John.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread