1,097 posts
Thanks Meter: 163

By simacca, Senior Member on 8th July 2014, 10:35 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
26th August 2015, 04:57 PM |#531  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Always awake!
My tab (updated to lollipop) is most of the time awake no matter how many time I have restarted it! Wifi scan is also off in my case. Any idea how I can solve this draining???
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2015-08-26-17-51-09.png
Views:	128
Size:	152.6 KB
ID:	3452366  

26th August 2015, 05:07 PM |#532  
Flag South Shields, England
Thanks Meter: 204

More
You need to find what is keeping your tab awake, anything from alarms to syncs to samsung app pusher, google play store can keep your tab awake.

I am rooted so i use Titanium back to freeze the apps causing wakelocks but you have to be careful to not freeze any essential system apps.

If you are rooted, try cpu spy reloaded, look at the wake-lock section for apps that are keeping your tab from going into deep sleep, you get better information if you are rooted.

Also there is an app called "Sony Power Nap" to forces your notebook into deep sleep, there is still some apps that wake it us, I am freezing as many as i can find, I have magnet to only use 1% battery in 24hours

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...uspyfree&hl=en

John.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohammadreza.n

My tab (updated to lollipop) is most of the time awake no matter how many time I have restarted it! Wifi scan is also off in my case. Any idea how I can solve this draining???

The Following User Says Thank You to Tinderbox (UK) For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th August 2015, 05:18 PM |#533  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinderbox (UK)

You need to find what is keeping your tab awake, anything from alarms to syncs to samsung app pusher, google play store can keep your tab awake.

I am rooted so i use Titanium back to freeze the apps causing wakelocks but you have to be careful to not freeze any essential system apps.

If you are rooted, try cpu spy reloaded, look at the wake-lock section for apps that are keeping your tab from going into deep sleep, you get better information if you are rooted.

Also there is an app called "Sony Power Nap" to forces your notebook into deep sleep, there is still some apps that wake it us, I am freezing as many as i can find, I have magnet to only use 1% battery in 24hours

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...uspyfree&hl=en

John.

Thanks Tinderbox for your long comment . So as I understood from your comments this is not a known issue!
26th August 2015, 05:25 PM |#534  
Flag South Shields, England
Thanks Meter: 204

More
It happens to everybody, but some apps cause no wakelocks and some apps keep your tablet from sleeping at all, it just depends what kind of apps you like, you how bad your wakelocks depends on what apps you use.

You can use an app killer, but some app restart themselves, there was an free app called "package disabler" it does not need root to work, but it has vanished from the play store, and only the paid version remains.

First thing to do, it check for alarms and disable them, check for apps that sync including your google account, disable syncing.

If you are rooted you can install lots of apps to prolong your battery.

John.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohammadreza.n

Thanks Tinderbox for your long comment . So as I understood from your comments this is not a known issue!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)