8.4 & 10.5 battery life results.

1,097 posts
Thanks Meter: 163

By simacca, Senior Member on 8th July 2014, 11:35 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
16th November 2015, 08:33 AM |#541  
Thanks Meter: 47

More
Somehow this tablet's battery has only gotten better with age! Seriously impressed.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2015-09-20-13-58-00.png
Views:	628
Size:	195.0 KB
ID:	3544032   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2015-09-20-13-58-03.png
Views:	618
Size:	152.8 KB
ID:	3544033   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2015-11-15-15-24-30.png
Views:	626
Size:	185.5 KB
ID:	3544034   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2015-11-15-15-24-33.png
Views:	584
Size:	152.1 KB
ID:	3544035  
The Following User Says Thank You to AB__CD For This Useful Post: [ View ]

17th November 2015, 05:51 PM |#542  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Are you using sm-t700 or 800?
18th November 2015, 08:47 AM |#543  
Thanks Meter: 49

More
My battery on T805 is incredible with latest update with smart monitor and a new battery from a Samsung repair.
18th November 2015, 11:45 AM |#544  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Have you tried power saving mode? I recently gave it a try, just enabling cpu limitations and disabling capacitative buttons lights, and I could get an extra 15-20 percent of battery light.

---------- Post added at 11:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:42 AM ----------

Using this mode on a t800 on stock Rom, non rooted but debloated, I can go up to 6h30 to 7h of sot, doing mostly chrome, flipboard and SimCity

---------- Post added at 11:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:44 AM ----------

I usually go around 5h20 of sot in regular mode
18th November 2015, 11:15 PM |#545  
Thanks Meter: 231

More
I get 4 hours of heavy usage
12th December 2015, 01:17 PM |#546  
Thanks Meter: 18

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinderbox (UK)

So what measures have you done to locate the cause of your problem, do some research don't just ask for fixes, read all the battery problem threads, try the suggestion other people have suggested.

John.

Well, I think you are right. It's not the android OS, but the apps that cause this problem. If there is any problem with Android 5.0, it's perhaps its inability to reign in the apps that keep that tablet awake most of the time. I have downloaded CPU spy and other wakelock detector, and they both showed that my tablet was not in deep sleep most of the time running either stock KitKat or Lollipop. To be honest, I never got to the issue of finding out which app was the problem, but what I did to fix this issue was to flash the latest clean Lollipop rom, and then keep the number of apps down to the must have minimum. And right now my tablet is spending about 2% of power a day while turned off. So if I have a three day break between going to gym, the place I use the tablet the most, I don't need to worry about recharging the tablet. After doing this I still noticed that Hangouts, the preinstalled system app causes the most wakelocks on my tablet. I looked around in its settings, logged out of my account, and disabled everything that looked like "update" or "sync" and that seems to have stopped that issue too.

So right now, I have zero issues with my stock rooted Lollipop.
Last edited by Akopps; 12th December 2015 at 01:20 PM.
12th December 2015, 02:09 PM |#547  
Flag England, UK
Thanks Meter: 257

More
It a shame you have to disable so much of the features of the tablet/phone you paid big money for, hopefully when we get v6 marshmallow the new feature "Doze" will improve battery life, fingers crossed.

Quote:

Doze uses motion sensors to detect when your phone’s not moving, and enters a deep sleep. The result? Your smartphone will stop all non-essential tasks such as Wi-Fi, syncs and jobs until the handset starts moving again. That means your battery should last much, much longer.

Interestingly, Doze will have control over all apps and other functions – unless otherwise stated – so Android users will benefit from improved battery life across the board.

John.
23rd December 2015, 01:50 PM |#548  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Guys, want to share my latest result with PAC-MAN rom after trying out Ironrom for almost 6 months.
I'm so impressed by the responsiveness and battery life of the latest PAC-MAN ROM running on Android 5.1.1.

You can get it here:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/gala...sting-t3159481

Previously, I could only get 4 hours SOT max.
Now I could get more than 5 hours

Hope it helps...
23rd December 2015, 07:49 PM |#549  
Thanks Meter: 33

More
After about 4 months of really light use where i would read for about an hour a week and maybe check something random for about 10 minutes during that week, i noticed the battery hasn't gotten better or worse.
Running latest official LP (rooted and debloated).

The standby is really poor from the start ( i did full discharge/charge cycles) and the battery would last about 3 days in standby where i wouldn't even touch the tablet.
I have 0 accounts syncing but WiFi is on, so i guess it does Google updates and services. I got Greenify running which gave some limited results, yet not so good.
It's a trade-off for such a light tablet i guess, iPad isn't any better so i guess that's just how it is.

I would say the battery life is certainly on the lower spectrum of popular tablets and that is kinda shame for such a gem.
23rd December 2015, 11:15 PM |#550  
Flag England, UK
Thanks Meter: 257

More
I installed Sony PowerNap, and i can get almost 24hr for 1% battery in sleep mode, my Tab S is Wifi only, But if you have an Cell Tab S you will not get as good saving, see link below.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/andr...-life-t3095884

John.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)