awful home button quality

Search This thread

abnoob

Jun 27, 2011
My home button is not symmetrical placed.
So the bounce sound after click is loud, and left portion of the button is not that responsive.
I brutally moved it a little bit by hand, and it really helps response problem.
And I avoid the loud click sound by pressing the right or the left part of the home button.
After seeing this disassembly video, I realize that how 'flexible' the button is. Not sure if that's possible to adjust it more without disassembling it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OfB01JLh8Ho#t=6m30s

Anyway, I think Tab S's home button is worse than s5. (they all got fingerprint reader),
and I miss the sturdiness of S2, or S3. Even the recent low end products have more steady button (though stiff).

Last edited:

mitchellvii

Jul 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
www.executivedecision.biz
My home button is not symmetrical placed.
So the bounce sound after click is loud, and left portion of the button is not that responsive.
I brutally moved it a little bit by hand, and it really helps response problem.
And I avoid the loud click sound by pressing the right or the left part of the home button.
After seeing this disassembly video, I realize that how 'flexible' the button is. Not sure if that's possible to adjust it more without disassembling it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OfB01JLh8Ho#t=6m30s

Anyway, I think Tab S's home button is worse than s5. (they all got fingerprint reader),
and I miss the sturdiness of S2, or S3. Even the recent low end products have more steady button (though stiff).

I don't have this issue. Sounds defective to me.

ukael

Jul 24, 2014
I noticed similar issues on one of my units. It went better over time, but had me worried at the beginning.

I agree that the build quality of this button is not the best, though at the end of the day it seems to be doing the job decently.

abnoob

Jun 27, 2011
I noticed similar issues on one of my units. It went better over time, but had me worried at the beginning.

I agree that the build quality of this button is not the best, though at the end of the day it seems to be doing the job decently.

thanks for your support. I went to stores to compare many models including S5, note3, tabpro seires, and many mid-range models. Hope mine will get better, too.