Ask a question

No registration required

awful home button quality

OP abnoob

1st August 2014, 06:26 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 4

61 posts
My home button is not symmetrical placed.
So the bounce sound after click is loud, and left portion of the button is not that responsive.
I brutally moved it a little bit by hand, and it really helps response problem.
And I avoid the loud click sound by pressing the right or the left part of the home button.
After seeing this disassembly video, I realize that how 'flexible' the button is. Not sure if that's possible to adjust it more without disassembling it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OfB01JLh8Ho#t=6m30s

Anyway, I think Tab S's home button is worse than s5. (they all got fingerprint reader),
and I miss the sturdiness of S2, or S3. Even the recent low end products have more steady button (though stiff).
Last edited by abnoob; 1st August 2014 at 06:38 AM.
1st August 2014, 10:54 AM   |  #2  
Flag Charlotte, NC
Thanks Meter: 1,254

5,487 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by abnoob

My home button is not symmetrical placed.
So the bounce sound after click is loud, and left portion of the button is not that responsive.
I brutally moved it a little bit by hand, and it really helps response problem.
And I avoid the loud click sound by pressing the right or the left part of the home button.
After seeing this disassembly video, I realize that how 'flexible' the button is. Not sure if that's possible to adjust it more without disassembling it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OfB01JLh8Ho#t=6m30s

Anyway, I think Tab S's home button is worse than s5. (they all got fingerprint reader),
and I miss the sturdiness of S2, or S3. Even the recent low end products have more steady button (though stiff).

I don't have this issue. Sounds defective to me.
1st August 2014, 11:00 AM   |  #3  
Flag Monterrey
Thanks Meter: 1

12 posts
More
Why don't you send it back to Samsung or Retailer?
2nd August 2014, 05:24 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 7

40 posts
I noticed similar issues on one of my units. It went better over time, but had me worried at the beginning.

I agree that the build quality of this button is not the best, though at the end of the day it seems to be doing the job decently.
2nd August 2014, 05:08 PM   |  #5  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 4

61 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukael

I noticed similar issues on one of my units. It went better over time, but had me worried at the beginning.

I agree that the build quality of this button is not the best, though at the end of the day it seems to be doing the job decently.

thanks for your support. I went to stores to compare many models including S5, note3, tabpro seires, and many mid-range models. Hope mine will get better, too.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread