FORUMS

Galaxy S6 & Edge get €100 Price Cut—New Models Incoming

Samsung has dropped the price of both the Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge by … more

How To Port Fully Featured Sony Xperia Z4 Camera

Xperia Z4’s hardware may not impress, but its software is definitely … more

Experimental TWRP Available For Moto G 2015

XDA Senior Member squid2 has posted experimental builds of TWRP for the Moto G … more

Sunday Debate: How Can We Get a No-Compromise Phone?

Join us in a fun Sunday Debate on Compromises. Come with your opinions and … more

Very bad experience...

6 posts
Thanks Meter: 15
 
By ivanceci, Junior Member on 25th August 2014, 06:08 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
One week ago I bought new galaxy tab s 8.4 lte version.
Box opened, turned on tablet and...strange thing...battery was down to 4%...generally a new device has more residual power...
Anyway, i charged it all night for ten hrs.
Turned on again and 100% charge.
Everything runned ok for almost two days...then my tablet started to reboot randomly under 50% charge without no reason. No overheat, no strange app, no cpu stress. Just browsing internet, using facebook, sliding app drawer.
When it rebooted again charge was at 12%. Rebooted again...charge at 62...then 32%...and so on...
Maybe a battery calibration issue. So I decided to restore to default settings. Did it for 3 times...same behaviour...under 50-40% tablet started to reboot randomly.
Rapidly returned back to the store and changed with another one.
No problems at the moment, battery drain is regular with no "jumps".
Maybe it was just a defective battery but it was a very unpleasant experience.
Hope this is just an isolated event.
 
 
25th August 2014, 06:17 PM |#2  
jball's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Amber
Thanks Meter: 309
 
More
Well It doesn't sound normal for this Tablet .hope you get a better taste with your newly exchanged Tab.
25th August 2014, 10:19 PM |#3  
Flyer66's Avatar
Junior Member
Flag Washington D.C.
Thanks Meter: 12
 
Donate to Me
More
Not sure which store sold you the tablet, but a "new" device would not be down to 4% on the battery on initial start-up.
Makes you wonder if the tablet was previously returned as defective and the store sold it to you anyways. Hopefully that wasn't the case.
Here's hoping your replacement tablet will work as advertised!
25th August 2014, 11:52 PM |#4  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 15
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyer66

Not sure which store sold you the tablet, but a "new" device would not be down to 4% on the battery on initial start-up.
Makes you wonder if the tablet was previously returned as defective and the store sold it to you anyways. Hopefully that wasn't the case.
Here's hoping your replacement tablet will work as advertised!

All the samsung original seals on the box were intact so I think that it was simply a defective battery.
The new tablet was at 45% charge when unboxed.
Fortunately no strange reboot for now...[emoji6]
26th August 2014, 12:17 AM |#5  
edan1979's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag KL
Thanks Meter: 1,061
 
Donate to Me
More
there are a case here when some user having nearly the same problem. and he's kind of open the back cover himself to discover that the battery connector are not seal properly. yours might be in the same case.
26th August 2014, 10:18 AM |#6  
slackerz_86's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Singapore
Thanks Meter: 44
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanceci

One week ago I bought new galaxy tab s 8.4 lte version.
Box opened, turned on tablet and...strange thing...battery was down to 4%...generally a new device has more residual power...
Anyway, i charged it all night for ten hrs.
Turned on again and 100% charge.
Everything runned ok for almost two days...then my tablet started to reboot randomly under 50% charge without no reason. No overheat, no strange app, no cpu stress. Just browsing internet, using facebook, sliding app drawer.
When it rebooted again charge was at 12%. Rebooted again...charge at 62...then 32%...and so on...
Maybe a battery calibration issue. So I decided to restore to default settings. Did it for 3 times...same behaviour...under 50-40% tablet started to reboot randomly.
Rapidly returned back to the store and changed with another one.
No problems at the moment, battery drain is regular with no "jumps".
Maybe it was just a defective battery but it was a very unpleasant experience.
Hope this is just an isolated event.

That has battery connection problem. Maybe u got the 'QC Failed' batch like mine... i sent to Samsung but it got worst. Could not even turn it on. So i DIY it since i am rooted and the warranty does not cover rooted device. And my battery is no longer like what u r going through. If u are not rooted, go for an exchange.

Read this thread i linked, is how we fix the battery problem..

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2841397
Last edited by slackerz_86; 26th August 2014 at 10:25 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to slackerz_86 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th October 2014, 12:33 AM |#7  
Flyer66's Avatar
Junior Member
Flag Washington D.C.
Thanks Meter: 12
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanceci

All the samsung original seals on the box were intact so I think that it was simply a defective battery.
The new tablet was at 45% charge when unboxed.
Fortunately no strange reboot for now...[emoji6]

I'm glad to hear everything is working as it should with your replacement tablet.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes