Creaky back cover

24th July 2014, 01:29 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Central NJ
Thanks Meter: 2,727

8,037 posts
More
anyone else having these symptoms? mine started out of nowhere, like 2 weeks into owning it lol go figure. it's on the right hand side near the volume and power buttons. if I'm holding with my right hand and I push down to tap on the screen, it creaks really bad. like, really bad and loud lol awful. wtf samsung? I never had these quality issues on the s3 or s4. stupid samsung.

video:
Galaxy Tab S Creaky Back Cover Issue: http://youtu.be/34LPt5wxhZY

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 using Tapatalk
Last edited by jayochs; 24th July 2014 at 02:19 AM.
24th July 2014, 01:39 AM   |  #2  
Flag Charlotte, NC
Thanks Meter: 1,211

5,353 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayochs

anyone else having these symptoms? mine started out of nowhere, like 2 weeks into owning it lol go figure. it's on the right hand side near the volume and power buttons. if I'm holding with my right hand and I push down to tap on the screen, it creaks really bad. like, really bad and loud lol awful. wtf samsung? I never had these quality issues on the s3 or s4. stupid samsung.

Do you have the back warping as well? Hard to imagine what could be happening that would be so loud. No idea.
24th July 2014, 01:58 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Central NJ

8,037 posts
More
nope. back is perfectly level. it's just this one spot that's creaking. my old nexus 7 original did this as well, but that can be expected from a 200 dollar tablet... but not a "premium" tablet. oh well. annoying. it didn't do anything until like today, so it just wore out over time I guess? crappy but whatever. this is always an issue with samsung products i know, but it's the first time I've experienced it with a Samsung.

24th July 2014, 04:26 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 3

14 posts
I have a creak when i touch beside ir blaster,is annoying considering its a 500 euro device,i think this is comon with a plastic body device
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to remydegreat For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th July 2014, 10:42 AM   |  #5  
Flag Kent, uk
Thanks Meter: 150

999 posts
More
My Samsung galaxy s5 and note 2 are quite creaky so I expect my tab s to start creaking at some point.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to simacca For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th July 2014, 11:25 AM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Central NJ

8,037 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by remydegreat

I have a creak when i touch beside ir blaster,is annoying considering its a 500 euro device,i think this is comon with a plastic body device

that's exactly where my creak is too lol woo, creak club.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
24th July 2014, 11:53 AM   |  #7  
Flag Charlotte, NC

5,353 posts
Would using the book cover improve this?
24th July 2014, 11:59 AM   |  #8  
Flag Kent, uk

999 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchellvii

Would using the book cover improve this?

It would indeed, but lots of people like to go naked with their devices. Personally I prefer my tablets in a case/cover and my phones naked. At the end of the day we shouldn't have to use cases or covers to disguise creaking.

24th July 2014, 12:17 PM   |  #9  
Flag Charlotte, NC

5,353 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by simacca

It would indeed, but lots of people like to go naked with their devices. Personally I prefer my tablets in a case/cover and my phones naked. At the end of the day we shouldn't have to use cases or covers to disguise creaking.

True. I actually prefer the book cover. Naked this tab is so light and smooth I feel like I'm always going to drop it. The cover gives it just enough grip and heft.
24th July 2014, 12:25 PM   |  #10  
Flag Kent, uk

999 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchellvii

True. I actually prefer the book cover. Naked this tab is so light and smooth I feel like I'm always going to drop it. The cover gives it just enough grip and heft.

I actually prefer this tab naked as I like the way it feels and handles. The main reason I got the book cover was for protection.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread