DeBloat your tab S (with or without root!!!!)

Search This thread

droid fetish

Jan 6, 2011
Perrysburg
No it does not trip knox, since it is only Disabling the app not removing it. You can also use it to disable updates and knox itself.

droid fetish

Jan 6, 2011
Perrysburg
You cannot disable some apps. Using the app. Manager, such as Samsung apps. And some verizon apps. You cannot disabled Knox using the app. Manager. You can with this tool, that is why we are so lucky to have devs. Like gatesjunior.

Sent from my SM-N910V using XDA Free mobile app

Reactions: le0.br4zuc4

cjw_101

Jan 19, 2015
Would be awesome to know what each app does and if it's safe to freeze. There are so many apk's that show up on the list.

I know many are safe to freeze, but it might hinder some other process.

droid fetish

Jan 6, 2011
Perrysburg
Just do what I did, I froze the same ones that I froze on my note 4, then the ones that were in question I just disabled one at a time using my tablet for a while to make sure nothing was screwy. Like I said you can always do a factory reset to set everything back to the defaults in case you Bork it, it's pretty much foolproof. That being said please no one prove me wrong! Lol!

HANSB57

Would be awesome to know what each app does and if it's safe to freeze. There are so many apk's that show up on the list.

For your question you have this thread

http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-tab-s/help/list-bloated-apps-to-uninstall-sm-t700-t2861180

I love this program
I had to unroot my device because some apps did not run. Now, with the use of debloater (and the above link) I can do what I basicly did with Titanium BU.

Reactions: sRDennyCrane

jwortiz

Oct 24, 2009

droid fetish

Jan 6, 2011
Perrysburg
Some apps can't be removed without root, but you can freeze them so that they cannot use system resources.

ddbigs

Feb 12, 2015
Will disabling apps help with battery life? I don't have much problem with lag but I would like to extend batter life

droid fetish

Jan 6, 2011
Perrysburg
In theory, it should. what I mean is disabling an app that you never used will do nothing for battery, but if you disable say, a Samsung app such as Knox or a Samsung app updater, keeping it from using system resources you should see improvement . The problem with comparing battery stats is you would have to use your tablet in the same area using the same apps for the same amount of time every day. That's why you see some user's of custom Roms saying battery life sucks while others say that it's great, apple's to apple's and so on .

Sent from my SM-T230NU using XDA Free mobile app

Last edited:
Reactions: ddbigs

bibihub

Oct 12, 2012
Ok I just wanted to say that this tool is really worth it if you don't want to root (lost of warranty). It is possible to disable a lot of crap, hence more free RAM. I froze more than 100 so called apps and my RAM is around 1.2GB with 0 active applications. I also froze all the apps related to knox and I do feel the tablet is faster. It did not trip Knox.
Actually I wonder if it might be a way to bypass Knox to root, install a custom recovery and so on... If someone wants to root his tablet anyway (no care about the warranty), it would be great to try to freeze Knox first to see if it works. I'm sure it would help the community a lot !

skeeterpro

Jan 8, 2011
Iowa
Ok I just wanted to say that this tool is really worth it if you don't want to root (lost of warranty). It is possible to disable a lot of crap, hence more free RAM. I froze more than 100 so called apps and my RAM is around 1.2GB with 0 active applications. I also froze all the apps related to knox and I do feel the tablet is faster. It did not trip Knox.
Actually I wonder if it might be a way to bypass Knox to root, install a custom recovery and so on... If someone wants to root his tablet anyway (no care about the warranty), it would be great to try to freeze Knox first to see if it works. I'm sure it would help the community a lot !

So far to the best of my knowledge reading about Knox on other devices, you cannot root with blowing the efuse (Knox). It's irreversible once blown.

bibihub

Oct 12, 2012
Hi ! Did anyone try this tool with the new update 5.0.2 ? My tablet runs very smoothly when disabling all that bloatware and I don't want to be stuck on Lollipop with that crap.

bibihub

Oct 12, 2012
OK so I did the test and it doesn't work anymore with lollipop. But the developer is working on an update

gssp

Mar 16, 2015
This tool will allow you to remove the Bloatware from your tab S, it works if your rooted or not. I have used this tool on my Verizon note 4 and my Verizon tab S without problem. THIS IS NOT MY WORK! the developer is "gatesjunior" here on XDA, please thank him if you use it.http://xdaforums.com/android/software/debloater-remove-carrier-bloat-t2998294

Ok, help it dont work for me?

Tab S 8.4, T707A, 4.4.2, AT&T LTE,

Loaded driver, V1.5.45, Win 7, plug it in and I can access the Tab internal and external drives,

When I launch debloater, the Tab will not connect, any ideas?

I tried launching with Tab S plugged in USB, and launch app then plug in Tab

Last edited:

bibihub

Oct 12, 2012
Did you enable USB debugging in developers options (after tapping 7 times on build number in "about device")

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This tool will allow you to remove the Bloatware from your tab S, it works if your rooted or not. I have used this tool on my Verizon note 4 and my Verizon tab S without problem. THIS IS NOT MY WORK! the developer is "gatesjunior" here on XDA, please thank him if you use it.http://xdaforums.com/android/software/debloater-remove-carrier-bloat-t2998294
    No it does not trip knox, since it is only Disabling the app not removing it. You can also use it to disable updates and knox itself.

Oh it is disabling apps? So it isn't debloating since no apps are being removed from the device. we can freeze/disable apps through the app manager...
    You cannot disable some apps. Using the app. Manager, such as Samsung apps. And some verizon apps. You cannot disabled Knox using the app. Manager. You can with this tool, that is why we are so lucky to have devs. Like gatesjunior.

For your question you have this thread

http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-tab-s/help/list-bloated-apps-to-uninstall-sm-t700-t2861180

I love this program
    I had to unroot my device because some apps did not run. Now, with the use of debloater (and the above link) I can do what I basicly did with Titanium BU.
    In theory, it should. what I mean is disabling an app that you never used will do nothing for battery, but if you disable say, a Samsung app such as Knox or a Samsung app updater, keeping it from using system resources you should see improvement . The problem with comparing battery stats is you would have to use your tablet in the same area using the same apps for the same amount of time every day. That's why you see some user's of custom Roms saying battery life sucks while others say that it's great, apple's to apple's and so on .

Sent from my SM-T230NU using XDA Free mobile app